Parent reviews for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels Poster Image

Statue genitals

A statue with male genitalia is clearly shown in a shot for several seconds Original reviewer probably didnt notice

Funny but for older kids

I thought this movie was very funny however had multiple references to sex. The woman said they "made love" and the man talked about how he was in the shower. The woman was shown unbuttoning her shirt and the man said she took his clothes and was left in only a bathrobe. It is very entertaining especially with the funny surprise at the end.

Scamming the Scammers

This movie is quite the unique movie! With Steve Martin and Micheal Caine - they show the "unnatural" positivism of scamming the rich and giving to themselves. My family watched it on Thanksgiving and the youngest in the audience was 10 and they greatly enjoyed it. While, there are moments to watch out for - the general part of the movie is humorous, relatable, and a tad shocking at the end! Below are the other ratings by major Movie Watchers: 7.3/10-IMDb 88%-Rotten Tomatoes 4.7/5-Amazon.com

not rated for age

Funny slapstick but mocks both disabled and mentally challenged people

I rented this movie to watch with my 12 year old daughter, 7 year old son and husband then checked out the Common Sense review. Despite the 15+ rating my husband wanted to give it a go. So we did with alot of intrepedation on my part. Luckily, it wasn't as sexually explicit as I'd expected and there was really no violence or profane language to speak of. The biggest problem I had was that Steve Martin portrays (and as a consequence jokes at the expense of ) both a mentally challenged and a disabled person. So we spent some time after the movie discussing how that might make people who are facing those challenges feel. My 12 year old daughter was really uncomfortable with that aspect.