Kid reviews for Do Revenge

Do Revenge Movie Poster

Good but depends on the kid

I personally really liked this movie, but there’s some iffy stuff. I’m 13 and it was fine for me, but there are things that obviously aren’t okay like the teenage drug and alcohol use. I personally think teens/tweens should be exposed to things like what’s in this movie and know that it happens but also that it’s not okay. There’s sexual material and drugs are used regularly, so it really depends on you and your kid, and what you’re okay with them watching. There is also a lot of swearing so if your not okay with that this may not be the best pick for your family.
2 people found this helpful.

Really Fun

This movie had well-developed and diverse characters, a great story line and plot twist, and a talented cast, making it compelling and fun to watch all the way through. I found the movie mild in terms of sex and nudity, with only one implied sex scene (nothing is shown) and references about a nude video Drea sent to her boyfriend, who leaks it. There's a lot of teen drug and alcohol use without any real consequences (one teen even grew illegal substances in a school greenhouse) and strong language throughout the film, although nothing worse than f*** (which is used a lot). Overall, Do Revenge is a fun teen comedy that should be fine for most 12 year-olds and all 13 year-olds, depending on the kid's knowledge of sex, drugs and alcohol and of how movie characters should not be imitated. Once you get past all that, it's a great movie.
1 person found this helpful.

Honestly, I thought this movie was gonna be cringeworthy but it was awesome. Had me entertained the whole time and I LOVED the plot twists. It seemed they were in college rather than high school but that doesn't affect the movie as much. I adored Maya Hawke and she did amazing, as always. The queer representation wasn't forced or stereotypical, it was clean and normal. 9/10 love this movie BUT there are messages of sex (which honestly doesn't bother me but if you wanna watch it when your parents are home yk💀) and there's language but it's not horribly harsh in my oppinion but they like to throw the c word around abit lmao

AMAZING

This was so amazingly good! So many unexpected plot twists, this movie had maybe matching character sides left and right. I loved the friendship between the two mains and i am also IN LOVE with the song list they chose. There are some iffy parts and teen drug and alcohol use but overall great teen movie and DEFINITELY one of my new faves!
1 person found this helpful.

Good

It is a great lesson on not to send pics or videos to people (anyone) I don’t think it is bad for pre teens or anything like that.

1 person found this helpful.

Netflix movie of the year

Absolutely loved this movie, about to watch it a second time! Although there is explicit language (C word) and drug use in this film I still think it can be suitable for mature 14 or 15 year olds.

AMAZING!!!

This show is amazing! It shows how important it is to respect others in some ways: Max leaks Drea’s sex tape (which is discussed as a big issue), Drea spreads harmful rumours about Eleanor’s sexuality (which again is the main plot). The characters make bad decisions, but those decisions are believable. And what one person may think is harmless (Drea) may affect another for their whole life (Eleanor). The plot is surprising with intresting twists.

1 person found this helpful.

This is THE chick flick of the year

Finally Netflix gives us an EXCELLENT teenage movie!!!

1 person found this helpful.

Interesting story with predictable themes

This bright story has sexuality (kissing, implied sex, and sexual references), drug use (references and use of alcohol and drugs), and profanity. Although the story may feel inspired by a lot of films that present revenge within another person and that the weakness of the antagonist is delivered in a cliché and obvious tone, but it's still somehow compelling and fun to watch, but just beware of some of the mature themes.

BEST MOVE EVER

Fave movie! It does have language, almost a sex scene but not one, and kissing.