Parent reviews for Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story

Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story Poster Image

a great movie

some scary and intense scences but still great movie.
not rated for age
this is great for kids to watch i love this movie.

A real dream!!

You and your kids will be inspiered to doing things you never thought you could do. Some parts will make you cry and others laugh. It truly is a family friendly movie.
not rated for age

Wow! What a heartwarming movie!

I loved this and WHOLEHEARTEDLY and without exception recommend it for kids over 8. Recommending it for ALL 5 to 7 year olds is a bit more troublesome. Many kids would be fine but the gasp-producing fall at the beginning plus family tension and mean grownups would upset my sensitive 5 yo. So think before bringing your little ones, definitely take your school agers and pre-teens, TRY to take your husband (mine balked!) and, whatever you do, don't forget the tissues!

great movie

I really liked this movie. So what if it was predictable. I would rather see a really good predictable movie than a poorly-acted non-predictable movie. It's rare that there are good movies out there that the whole family can enjoy together.
not rated for age

So moving and great family entertainment

I took my 6 year old neice who loves horses and it reminded me of the good old movie days when Pollyanna ruled. What a nostalgic pleasure. I wish there were more movies like this out there.

An instant classic!

This movie is beautifully made -- from the gorgeous cinematography, to the touching script, to the wonderful acting by Dakota Fanning, Kurt Russell and Elizabeth Shue. I loved "Seabiscuit," but it will be some time before my 5 year old daughter will be able to enjoy it (among other reasons, because of the scenes with jockeys and prostitutes). But here is something that has a lot of the joy, excitement, and thematic elements (such as give a horse, or a person a 2nd chance) of "Seabiscuit," but the whole family can enjoy it. All 3 of us (my husband included) had tears in our eyes at the thrilling climax. We can't wait to own it on dvd! We finally have some amazing family entertainment in the theaters right now, with "Wallace & Gromit," and now "Dreamer!" I give it my highest recommendation.

We Loved It !!!

My 5 year old Daughter is a horse lover and LOVES this movie. She wants to watch it all the time.