All parent member reviews for Dumb and Dumber

Parent of a 9 year old Written byerich April 9, 2008

I was aghast

I should never have allowed my 8 year old to see this! It actually shows a hostile man sexually threatening Jim Carey in a bathroom stall (and exposing himself). Talk about not doing your homework before coming home with a movie! Very crass references to women, female body parts, and sex. Do not let any kid under 15 watch this!

Parent of a 11 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... May 16, 2011

Well i just love this movie its not really bad i would let my child watch it if i had a child sure there are a few parts kinda bad like in Lyod's dream sequnce when he sees Mary picks her up and checks to see if she has any panties on which she doesn't but hey its just a silly movie and the saying Jim carry sayssuck me sideways lol whatever that means but this is an awesome movie i remember a long time ago my mom older sister and i seen it i was 9 years old when it came out so i pretty much rememberd it i laugh at the dvd whenever im in the mood to go on and watch it this is the funniest movie ever i seen it so many times i could watch it again and again and never even get tired of it that basically shows just how great this movie is like i said if i had a chid yes i would let him or her watch the movie i wouldn't be like those super strict folks because my child has a right to watch the movie whether he or she is 5 or 7 any age my kid can totally watch it btw i love Dumb And Dumber and yes i do have the Dvd! great movie love it!

Parent of a 12 year old Written bysiskell October 20, 2010

Parent of a 12 year old Written bylittleone522 March 11, 2011

PG 14 or older

I think this movie is really funny for adults or older kids but I wouldn't let anyone under the age of 14 to view it. Some concerns I had with this movie for a child to watch included: a character talking to himself says "suck me sideways" other language that is not appropriate includes A**hole said twice, A** (meaning butt) said twice, Sh*t said three times, B*tch said twice, and P*ssy is used three times, other more milder language incluse the use of H*ll more then three times. There is also a reference to a womens breast being called "fun bags"
A man also lifts up a women who is wearing a dress and reveals her naked rear end. A women also takes her shirt off and a cars headlights show in place of where her breasts should be. There is also talk of a french tickler. In one scene a man is trying to buy a adult magazine and Rhode Island Sl*t is clearly seen on the newspaper rack. This movie isnt very violent but there is one part where a man imagines ripping another mans heart out of his chest, he also imagines shoting someone and this is a comical fight scene. Men are seen drinking beer in this movie and there are a few noticeable product placement: one by USA Today on newstand and the other for Coors Light (seen when man is caring a Coors Light box full of stuff including a toy pinwheel.)

Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008

Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

very funny 16 over

funny movie i saw the unrated one truth is if you see the unrated one you have to be 16 and over but very funny

Parent of a 11 and 12 year old Written byCrazy4K9s December 28, 2008

Very Funny.....

This movie is very funny!
I own the PG-13 version, and there is something you missed in sexual content. Lloyd starts dreaming when he is driving in the car. He goes into a room with Mary where they start to kiss passionately. They stop and step away from each other, and Mary slowly removes her dress. The camera goes back to Lloyd where he starts to take of his jacket (no nudity). It goes back to Mary where you see her face and shoulders only (her dress is off), and the camera slowly lowers down her body where headlights are blinking in place of breasts. Lloyd is staring at them.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byWilliam Adrian ... September 5, 2009

HORRIBLE!!

This movie is horrid! I saw it without my kids and it has terrible role models . It teaches you to think being dumb is cool and funny . But it's not , you'll just look like a big weirdo . Language is EXTREMELY STRONG FOR PG- 13 They said the ' d ' word!!!! The ' d ' word should never be used ever . Don't watch this movie ever!!!

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 23, 2012

dumb and dumber

only really fails when it abandons its stars in pursuit of a lame kidnapper/hitman subplot. If it loses gas altogether at the end, that should be expected of something propelled by so much gas early on. Families can talk about why the main characters' antics are funny on film but inappropriate in real life.

Adult Written byChuck Reid March 27, 2012

Lives up to it's name.

This movie was horrible.The characters are annoying as well as the music.It had some funny moments,but its wust just plain STUPID.

Parent of a 6, 15, 15, and 17 year old Written by79awesome August 23, 2013

good movie

Funny stuff. Me and and my son watched the Unrated version funny. A womens breasts is called *fun bags* in one scene and mild language and PG-13 nudity a rear end is exposed (females) viloence comical. Jim Carry day dreams about his crush taking her top off but head lights are replaced instead of her breasts.

Adult Written bywonder dove November 24, 2012

MUST WATCH if you haven't seen it!

Dumb & dumber is one of those movies you won't find anywhere else - because they don't make them like this anymore! This film is sooo incredibly funny! Harry (Jeff Daniels) is dumb and Lloyd (Jim Carrey) is dumber, they're two best friends who plan to open up a worm store but decide to give that up along with their jobs (a limo driver & a groomer) so they can track down Lloyds girl of his dreams to return her briefcase she left at the airport. Not knowing the briefcase was left there on purpose (full of ransom money) they are being followed by thugs who want it back. After finding Mary, Lloyd chickens out and asks Harry to meet her first (the two set a date while not telling Lloyd and eventually Harry secretly falls in love with Mary too.) While appearing rich everywhere they go, Harry and Lloyd spend all the money on super expensive cars, hotels & events but are finally caught by the thugs who kidnap them and demand their money back. Harry's romance with Mary puts his and Lloyds friendship in jeopardy. Totally worth watching a million times! It never gets old. Appropriate for the older crowd 14+ due to some language, sexual content (kissing, two men share a Jacuzzi, brief sexual jokes), some violence like kidnapping, a guy punches another guy through a glass window, a man dies after he's given rat poisoning pills, a cork screw kills a bird, guy pees in beer bottles while driving and its looks like he's drinking under the influence. A man snaps a birds neck. Harry gets his tongue stuck to an ice pole which is graphic. A sword fight between Harry & Lloyd at a dinner party (most hilarious scene EVER)...etc. There's also bar scenes, drinking and flirting. Mature kids 14+ only.

Parent of a 11 year old Written bySternAndFair February 24, 2014

The guests on The Show are not truely funny

The farts and piss jokes get wearisome as I wonder, shall this movie end? The titled suggestion of stupid is true, they are both known as dumber. The stupider one, of Jeff Goldblume's character is the one now known as Mary. He is the one who gets the tongue caught in the ice and snow. The women, a very luxurious one is curiously looking at Jeff she takes him by the hand to lead the man astray. She cancels the wedding plans to be with her love. It ends, a poetry. Enjoy my friends.

THE SPECIAL AFFECT IS AMAZING

Parent of a 2, 7, and 10 year old Written bySpongePeteRosepants April 1, 2013

My first NO from a very liberal parent. Tried with a 10 and 7 yr old.

Way more graphic than I remembered it when I tried watching it with my kids. It was about the 10th movie I had gone to to test the boundaries of what (I personally) think is OK for my kids and this was the first failure. Sexual innuendo (I personally) think is fine when it goes over their heads, but some stuff in this is so graphic that even is they don't understand it's stuff I don't want them to hear.