Kid reviews for Erin Brockovich

Erin Brockovich Poster Image

Amazing story and even better acting from Julia Roberts (Oscar-worthy and Oscar-winning), lots of language and one sexual reference that is spoken clearly as a joke, but one of the best legal dramas and true stories out there!

Julia Roberts is Erin Brockovich

Great legal drama based on a true story! Erin Brockovich is a legal drama that has it all! Directed by Steven Soderborough winning the academy award for best actress (Julia Roberts), winning 256.3 million at box office, and getting nominated for best picture, best supporting actor, best director, and best original screenplay this is one of the best films of all time! Julia Roberts does an astonishing performance as a smart, hard working, sassy, and quirky character (Erin) who shows everyone that nothing is impossible if you do your job and take the risks you need to take. Though this film is really good and worth watching it still has swearing and some sex references. Swearing: 8.8/10 Definitely at least 40 uses of the F word, Multiple uses of bulls—t, some uses of ass (including asshole), tons of uses of goddammit, and a couple uses of bitch, damn, and one use of s—thead. Sex: 6/10 One scene leads to passionate kissing with Erin and George. A couple seconds later you see Erin with her shirt unbuttoned and her bra is seen they then fall in bed and start kissing again and the scene ends. Erin jokes about doing sexual favors and says she did 634 blowjobs in 5 days. Erin tells George that taking care of her kids isn't going to get him laid. Violence: 4.5/10 Erin is involved in a car crash and her car is shown getting hit she is later shown with a neck injury. People are shown with injuries from the chromium. Scenes of frustration. Positive messages/role models: 8.5/10 Erin helps the families who were injured by the chromium she never gives up and works hard to get her job done. She is definitely a great role model for everyone.

Based on a true story film

This is a great film. But it has lots of swearing and some sex references. The f word is used at least 30 times, plus the b word, s word, and a word are also used at least 50 times. Many references to getting laid, and Erin says I’ve been doing sexual favors. 634 blowjobs in five days. One sex scene.

Great movie, lots of swearing

F word probably said once per minute. Lots of sexy stuff. It sends good messages like "don't give up." Erin is a great rolemodel

Entertaining courtroom drama is elevated by Julia Roberts

15+ is very extreme for Erin Brockovich. Other than language, it’s a tame film. It’s a good film mind you, and Roberts shines as the titular character, but it’s not that bad. Anyway, a darn good film, not the best, but really good.

It's amazing, but maybe too much

Well, first of all, I would rate this 14+ only if you are mature and responsible. If you are not mature, then watch when you're 15, not 14. My mother encouraged me to watch this because I would love to be an Environmental Lawyer when I grow up. Also, I love the actress, Julia Roberts, who plays Erin Brockovich. This movie is based on a true story, one that could only happen to one in a million people. Although, the story is still magnificent to watch, because, when you finish the movie, you say stuff like, 'Wow, I did not know that this could happen to someone...', or 'That was an amazing story'. I am eleven years old, and even though I put that this movie is 14+, I watched it and it is now my all-time favorite movie. Look, if you're eleven years old and you're reading this review and you want to watch the movie, don't ask your parents that, because I would understand if your parents don't want an eleven year-old watching Erin Brockovich. Why? There is way too much swearing! I understand that I can't repeat these words, so I was allowed to watch it. Somtimes, you laugh, because Erin keeps clashing everybody when she's frustrated, which is funny. For violence, we can only see at first, a character is in a car accident seen from far away. The character doesn't die. For sex, we see a bit of flirting, (I won't spoil when), and just a little scene in the middle of a movie. Also, Erin once tells someone , 'So, by that, I should assume that you never get laid'. That was really funny, really. But, at the end, there's an amazing thing that happens!! It's so great for Erin.... And, as I said, this was based on a real story, so, like... Anyway, thanks for reading my review!

Okay for ages 16+

This movie has lots of cursing and some smoking.

I loved this movie!

Ultimate female empowerment movie. I like how it shows not to judge people by how they dress, by their job or schooling. The movie teaches you to never give up when things get hard and to believe in yourself.

Shows leadership and character!

I think that this movie is only rated R because it drops the F bomb a couple of times. Do you seriously think that your kids don't hear that in the locker rooms at school? It is a fantastic movie, and teaches some valuable lessons