All teen and kid member reviews for Escape from Planet Earth

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus February 16, 2013

Terrible.

This movie is awful and should not exist. That's all there is to it. It's too cruel, violent, and sexual too be a kids movie, but there's no way in heck teens and adults are going too like it. Please save your money. This movie is garbage.

Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 March 1, 2013

Average animated flick has its moments but all in all should've gone straight to DVD

Here's a movie that should've went straight to DVD but just happened to land in theaters, meaning this is the very definition of okay. Yes this flick has its moments including a 7-11 scene, a random yet entertaining food fight, a sweet ending, and scene stealing performances mainly from Craig Robinson, Ricky Gervais, Steve Zahn, Chris Parnell, and Sofia Vergara...but some of it feels like slapped together cliches thrown in a blender. The first half of the film is very funny, but then as soon as Gary's (Rob Corddry, last seen in the thoroughly entertaining "Warm Bodies") cocky, boneheaded brother Scorch (Brendan Fraiser, last seen in 2010's atrocious "Furry Vengeance") goes to earth it goes downhill but then as soon as Gary goes to save him in a really funny 7-11 bit, it goes up but then as soon as he gets taken, it goes downhill and this cycle pretty much repeats itself throughout the whole movie. It could've done way more with the story. They're aliens on earth right? They could go to a bunch of places and get into a bunch of funny adventures and antics right? But no...they have to go by a family movie cliche playbook and if you've seen any other family movie like this...you know exactly where it's going. This is coming from somebody who's always loved family movie cliches and its done well on a lot of parts but on some others, it comes off as kind of lame. The way to describe this movie is pretty much like a bad roller coaster. When it goes up your like wow but when it goes down you get dizzy but in the end, it makes you feel good. I would give this 2 and a half out of 5 but this website doesn't have that option

Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd March 4, 2013

watch megamind,wall-e,chicken little,lilo and stitch or monsters vs aliens instead

It's basically planet 51 but with the humans and aliens switching roles,but planet 51 wasn't a great movie either

Teen, 17 years old Written byClementejunoir July 1, 2013

ehhh....decent.

I dont know want you are all thinking and all but. To me this movie was decent, I'll give it that. but pop culture refferences and predictible events does not make movies great, it has to come from the heart! But messages about brotherhood does stand up a bit for itself.

Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe March 13, 2013

Great CGI sci-fi flick

This movie mixes laughs with thrills. I went and saw this, and I (quietly) giggled my way through. Many Kindergarteners and 1st graders might like it. It should introduce kids to sci-fi and aliens.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMrMovieBuff June 20, 2013

Boring movie.

Escape from Planet Earth is very horrible film. Gross humor, incredibly boring, crappy CGI, and everything.

Kid, 8 years old July 15, 2013

cool.

funny.

Kid, 11 years old June 14, 2013

Escape From Planet Earth - Review

I don;t know why this movie is getting so much hatred, it is awesome! Great role models, message, educational value, and an overall fun experience! It is a movie to watch and I put down violence, it doesn't even have much and sex well there may be a quick kiss or two but get real kids can hopefully get past that! Please watch this movie -- you won;t regret it!

Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2013

Nerdy Alien Movie is a Flick for Kids but Horrible in an Adult Way

Eh, I think this movie is about average. I never enjoyed or disliked it but its an okay flick for kids on your TV remote and kids can learn from this movie although it has no educational value. And also, who the heck would put freeze rays in a PG movie?! Despicable Me did it for comical purposes and that's okay. Tranquilizers are also in effect too. It puts you to sleep by the government although its a weapon that is meant to stop criminals. Then, the aliens get frozen. They instead get revived by Gary's reactor. That is a crappy way to revive someone. Violence is not only bad, but sex is in a horrible way. The extra terrestrial film is not too far from marriages, kissing and flirting. Also, kids might think this is a 7-Eleven commercial along with the slurpee referenced as "the most delicious frozen drink in the universe." Overall, the movie's peril and sexual content makes it iffy for kids 8 and under.

Teen, 15 years old Written byskeletonslife441 July 19, 2013

It should've been a direct-to-dvd film.

it was horrible.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 June 4, 2013

Terrible, just TERRIBLE.

Wow, I really hate this film. The plot is overdone: A bunch of aliens land on Earth. Wow, that is done to death. The humor is really gross. I felt sick my stomach when I saw this. Please don't watch EfPE. It is totally a must MISS movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySees Little January 12, 2014

Common Sense is right!

This is the worst animated film I've ever seen. Worse than "The Croods." Worse than the first "Kung Fu Panda" Movie. (The Sequel however, was almost perfect) "Escape from Planet Earth" just isn't suspenseful enough and the villain makes horrible comebacks and the worst part is that my favorite band helped make some of the music for this movie. Plus the film isn't scientifically accurate (and by that I mean other than the topic of aliens.) Just don't watch it.

Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2014

Common Sense Media, your review is a...

CSM, your review is a
FAIL
You underrated this awesome movie! Most movies coming out these days are SEQUELS. This movie is original. There are positive messages about family. There is some violence. There is some mild sexy stuff and 7 eleven stuff. But overall, I LOVE this movie! CSM, get better reviewers.

Kid, 10 years old January 8, 2014

This movie was underrated!

Kid, 9 years old December 8, 2013

WORST ANIMATED MOVIE EVER!

This movie was the worst movie ever! There was not any funny people in the movie and i got it for 4.99! Do not watch it is bad!