Parent reviews for Finding Dory

Finding Dory Poster Image

That you are better alone and together

A masterpiece!

(Written by 8yo boy) - This movie has been my favorite ever since I was four, but I'm rating it for 7+ because now I understand it more and think it's a bit sad and dark. My brother thinks it has a lousy setting - he doesn't like that it takes place in a fish hospital. But I think it's fine for six and seven-year-olds. I do really like it.

Finding Dory Movie Review By Logan Strohl

A very good amazing sequel to Finding Nemo with another amazing score by Thomas Newman and amazing cast members such as Albert Brooks Ellen DeGeneres and others as well plus a amazing story and animation too. Great film for the whole family and Disney. Pixar fans as well.

Still charming and sentimental

Although not as elaborate as Finding Nemo it is more emotional in its origin story. The film still has a way to manipulate its audience and get wrapped up in all the feels. The film introduces new characters that fit right in and are charming, but the script does not seem as sharp as Finding Nemo does and the narrative is a bit convoluted. But the film still has some zing and it's quite pleasurable to have the Nemo family expand.

Not like the pictures, sad and depressing

All the ads and posters are nothing like the actual movie. It's sad, dark, tragic and constantly asks the question "Can Dory make it in life with her disability? How will she survive?" and has many hopeless scenes. A few curse words almost said get cut off. Nemo is barely in this, at all. No cute or funny characters. Also drags on, mostly nothing happens as it moves so slow. End gets a bit disturbing, though it works out. Lots of anxiety situations. Definitely not for those who have lost a family member, or child with disability. It will make then feel bad, even if they don't want to admit it. Just goes too far multiple times.

A Wonderful Watery Adventure

I am going to be honest, I did NOT like Finding Nemo. I don't really know why, but it never clicked with me. On the other hand, Finding Dory was much better. Again, I cant really explain why, but it was. Everything from the animation, to the plot, to the emotional ending made this movie pretty great. Its also a little surprising how a PG, animated movie can deal with some pretty heavy mental and emotional subjects, and still maintain a light feel. Fortunately, the movie is great for adults as well as kids, and I would highly recommend this to fans of animated movies. It definitely lives up to the Pixar reputation.

sweet follow up

Great follow up to finding nemo. Did not disappoint!

Daughter’s favorite movie

There’s no bad guy, very limited scariness if any, my 2 yo daughter loves it.

Entertaining, but disturbing, too

My six-year-old son laughed hysterically through some scenes, but could barely watch others and had a hard time sleeping the night after watching this. Scenes where Dory re-lives being separated from her parents as a child and then when she is told that her parents have died were dark and disturbing, and, in my opinion, too long and drawn-out.