Parent reviews for Freaky Friday (1976)

Freaky Friday (1976) Poster Image

Wow this one DOES NOT Hold up!

I don't know how the editors here gave this a 4 out of 5 star review. While it is definitely family friendly, more importantly its family boring and family slow. We had just finished watching the Lindsay Lohan version which our 6 and almost 8 year olds really enjoyed. But this one moved at a snails pace, has really poor 70's production values and a poor script. Which is really sad because Jodie Foster is my personal second favorite actress of all time (2nd only to Katharine Hepburn). And she was fine for her age, but the movie was pretty horrible. We only made it about half way through before everyone collectively decided it wasn't worth our time. This is doubly sad because I watched this movie as a tween when it first came out and had fond memories of it. Oh how things change with time!

Old fashioned and fun

I think this is a great show, I grew up watching it and really enjoyed watching it with my girls (8,6). FYI There are a few body references- the first when the young annabelle makes a remark and obvious stare at her chest while looking in the mirror, when annabelle and her mother switch places and annabelle is discovering her mothers body through her brain, and then when annabelle is coming to her fathers office and meeting his attractive secretary. One bad word that I noticed. Annabelle (as her mother) refers to her little brother as a jack___. The mother smokes but it is obvious that it is distasteful to Annabelle. There are multiple references to alcohol, and one time that Ben pulls out a bottle of gin.

i prefer this one!

I to prefer this one over the new version. cause this one is way funnier the clothes are cooler . this is a way better one than the 2003 one way better!