Parent reviews for Free Fire

Free Fire Poster Image

What if Reservoir Dogs was a bad movie?

A hollow, joyless affair, reliant soley on a gimmick that has been done better in numerous other movies. None of the cahracters have any personality aside from thier accents, there is no sense of character fleshed out motivation so there is no reason to place sympathies anywhere let alone shift them. Character relationships are shallow, and never go anywhere so some teaming up with others is dramatically pointless. The jokes fall flat, the action is poorly directed there is a lack of interesting set pieces save for one involving gas tubes. But it is nullified cuz it doesnt change the stakes or state of the setting so it might as well have never happened. Deaths feel forced (seriously this one guy couldnt smell gasoline was being poured under him?! And why the hell would you crawl in from of a moving van thats not even aiming for you when you have a better shot in your safe zone? All impact of them is moot due to the fact we have no reason to cheer or worry for anyone. As for adult content: So many F words used casually and panicked that you stop noticing them 20 minutes in, ironically that lowers the impact. Most of the violence isnt graphic (mostly generic puffs and squirts) save for a few moments including a face briefly peeled off by tire, a nose partially caved in by a bullet and and man with a chip in head that exposes some brain (played comically). A scene of smoking a join, a scene of attempted smoking of joint, and a scene of smoking heroin. A brief reference to masturbation, goat f-ing, "suck his d---".

AWESOME FLICK

I was supposed to see it in the cinema but I didn't have time to see it and my dad surprised me with the DVD love the Choice of Music and the ending is put well together

At least it's original...?

Free Fire experiments with the boundaries of film, and while it's not exactly artistic and certainly not great, it doesn't quite become tedious--which is, if you think about it, in and of itself a lot to ask from a 90 minute movie that takes place in a single room. The film itself almost feels like an action sequence taken from another movie and stretched out to feature length--basically an hour-and-a-half-long gunfight. There's quite a lot of blood and gore; characters are shot in the arms, legs, back, head. One character is set on fire, another beaten with a crowbar. A hypodermic needle lodged in a palm. Head crushed by car tire. Noses and eyes shot with spurting blood, but only briefly shown. Bloody wounds lingered on. On top of that there's constant swearing--"f--k," "s--t," "a--hole," "motherf--ker," "c--ksucker," and more, plus offensive hand gestures. Heroin use, smoking, drug references. Sex references. Fine for teens who can stomach some violence and obscenities. All in all, an interesting concept--great shots here and there, some decent characters, but occasionally can feel pointless. If you're really into action, then why not? But if you're looking for something plot-driven with strong dialogue and clear motives, then maybe not the best choice.

Worst Movie I've Seen In Years

Horrible. Actually I can't say ity the worst movie I've seen because I left before it was over.