All teen and kid member reviews for Friday the 13th (1980)

Kid, 12 years old Written bymovie man 5 December 4, 2010

Sex, Drugs, Blood, Oh My!

I was really excited when I walked out of Blockbust, clutching Friday the 13th in my arms. When I finished it, I didn't know why I wanted to see it. First of all, Pamela Voorhees has too much character, she was young. She should have been like she was portrayed as in Freddy Vs. Jason (though it was realeased 20 years later), a white haired, scratchy voiced, crazy old fart that she wasn't in the original. She actually didn't seem crazy. Young kids should not watch this as their is too much violence (done with stunning visual effects at least), too much sex, and no good messages whatsoever, as the campers are all sex-craving teenagers with a love for Strip Monopoly and dope. But don't worry young children, it isn't even a good film.

Teen, 15 years old Written byLongRangeShadow October 15, 2009

Common Sense Epic Fail

AHA, common sense, you have no taste. I've suspected it long, but now it is proven. I'm 15 and I know this is a classic. And "No Kids" gimme a break. Is this site run by 82-year-old women? And I'm a pretty reasonable reviewer for being a kid, too.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJaysnake June 30, 2011

Sex and Blood...

Plently of nudity and sexual content. A large amount of blood and "creative" deaths. It is suspenseful. Not good for young kids. Just teens and adults. I dont know why common sense gave this a "Not for Kids" rating because to be honest it isn't that bad. This is a good movie overall but I found it very unbelieveable (spoiler alert) that the killer was an old woman...

Teen, 16 years old Written bydavidguitar15..... March 21, 2011

Great movie...not as bad as common sense says

Kid, 11 years old Written byKubrickIsAProphet46 July 27, 2011

How is this generally considered to be violent?

How is this generally considered to be violent? The most violent scene is of a person getting decapitated. The Human Centipede features a graphic depiction of people getting sewn together. Why is it even considered violent in '80? A Clockwork Orange featured a graphic depiction of rape & it was made 9 years before Friday The 13th. Don't let this reviewers opinion fool you. It isn't violent. It's the perfect horror movie for younger kids. It appeals more to kids than Halloween. It's hardly scary, & not violent either. Friday The 13th is the 1 successful Halloween clone. I recommend it to younger kids. In conclusion, Friday The 13th is a fun slasher movie. I give it what would be the equivalent of a PG-13. I honestly can't believe it's still a R18 in Australia.

Kid, 11 years old Written byzasderfght January 9, 2009

Friday the 13th is a decent slasher flick and is actually worth seeing

Now don't listen to Common Sense Media. They are wrong about the movie and it's content. There were only two sex scenes and they weren't even that graphic. A character mentions 'strip monopoly' but you only see her in bra and panties. You don't see any shots of nudity. For violence, there were some violent scenes but they weren't over-the-top and not too gory either. The language is the least of your worries. It's not even an issue. Just infrequent uses of godd*mn and sh*t. That's it. CSM is also wrong about the movie. I thought the movie was really good. There was enough kills, suspense, and it clocks at the perfect time. Overall, Friday the 13th is a perfect slasher flick. I would recommend it to age 15+. Shoot even kids could see it. CSM doesn't know what they're talking about.

Teen, 17 years old Written byNuno17xD October 3, 2010

Cooooool, AWESOME !~
but not for Kids, Ok for older teens

Kid, 2 years old September 1, 2011

Rated WHAAAAAAAAAAT?????

Why the CRAP did they rate this R? I would rate it PG - 13.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHotaru Chan July 9, 2011

A bit gory, but still great

Friday the 13th is a great start to the famous slasher series staring Jason Voorhees: except this one didn't have him as the killer yet (he doesn't even has his famous hockey mask until the 3rd movie). This one stars his mom, who is getting revenge for Jason, who drowned in Crystal Lake 20 years ago because the camp counselors weren't watching him. There are a lot of death scenes in this movie, including a pretty gruesome arrow through the neck and throat slashing. While this movie isn't for young kids, it's fine for at least 12 year olds (again, CommonSense overrates the age rating). It's a great movie for horror movie fans, and the ending will definitely throw you off guard. But I won't spoil it, you'll just have to watch the movie yourself ;)

Teen, 13 years old Written byAthena2264 October 31, 2010

Awesome!

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! However, if it's your kid's first time seeing it, I suggest renting the edited version BEFORE the uncut. (I saw the uncut first, and I think a lot of the sex scenes would have been cut out of the AMC version.) But really, it's not that disturbing. The blood is clearly Karo syrup and red food dye (same formula used for every pre-1990 horror movie), the language isn't THAT bad compared to what most kids see on MTV, and you can certainly laugh at the early 80s outfits. But overall, it's not THAT bad compared to other horror movies that could scar kids for life (nightmare on elm street, blair witch project, carrie, etc.)

Teen, 14 years old Written byLadylollipop1 May 4, 2011

It doesn't deserve to be a horror, more like a comedy!

Omg... this film was hilarious obviously not for too much of a young audience because of sex. The gore on the other hand was laughable and fake beyond belief! If you say this film deserves an NC-17 rating you obvoiusly last watched it in 1980 in the cinema when the graphics were cutting edge. I suggest you rewatch it. Actually don't because it's terrible and everyone spends most of their time playing monopoly then going to the bathroom (and occaisonally never coming back).

Kid, 11 years old Written bySshamrockK May 7, 2011

great movie good for teen's

I thought is was a great movie. there was a lot of killing as in any slasher movie. the way people died was sometimes gross (like one of the characters gets an ax in her head) but the 80s graphics where bad so it wasn't that scary. there was some suspense but not a lot. there was some nudity. you see two of the characters having sex. over all i think if you are a teen and like slashers then you should see this movie.

Kid, 10 years old Written byThe Horror Kid June 26, 2011

Let people Watch what they want to watch!! >:(

OK, WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU EVEN PUT THIS MOVIE ON THIS WEBSITE?!?!?! Its rated freakin' R, SO DUH, OBVIOUSLY ITS 'not for kids'! BEWARE THESE FREAKIN' IDIOTS WHO PUT HORROR MOVIES ON KIDS SITES! I'M A KID AND I ENJOYED THE MOVIE SO SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR OPINION!

Kid, 11 years old Written bykranda2000 December 23, 2011

decent

too bloody and violent, too sexual, too much language, too much smoking, but hey, it was kinda worth seeing.

Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 February 24, 2013

creepy slasher flick has low blood and little sex, but is still gory

a true masterpiece of horror, Friday the 13th is your perfect movie for a teenage sleep-over at midnight. asides for being a great film overall, it employs a chilling atmosphere, handheld-ish camera work, and well organized scares. but the violence and lewd behavior in this slasher flick make it too intense for younger horror buffs. this freaky movie has low violence and blood. what it does contain are several killings, a drowning, an axe to the face, throat slittings, stabbing, an arrow to the chest, and machete decapitation. all the murders involve spurting blood, and the decapitation scene shows the head flying in slow motion, with blood, tissue, and spine insides visible. dead bodies are seen smeared in blood, have arrows in them, or have open cut wounds. asides for the bloody violence, is an on-screen sex scene (no nudity asides from one bare breast) the counselors use moderate to mild words such as 1 s**t and uses of h**l and d**n. one characters smokes briefly. jump scares are abound.

Kid, 11 years old September 11, 2012

Good movie but so much sex.

Good movie but my god so much sex in it. It has no story just a random movie with a guy in a Hockey Mask slashing people up. Not my favorite horror movie but one of them.

Teen, 16 years old Written byAkhil Appu April 20, 2013

friday

Its a good movie which full of suspense.There are some sex scenes.Violence is extreme.Older teens would like it.

Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire December 13, 2012

Not for kids 16 and Under

TV-MA-L-S-V

Teen, 14 years old Written byAntagonist November 22, 2012

Not as bad or violent as Commonsense says

This film is actually a scary horror classic. As far as violence goes, there's nothing out of the ordinary. Anyone 13+ can handle it

Kid, 9 years old May 11, 2012

AHHHHH

oh my god commonsense media makes ever horror movie like that and makes them look bad so you know what im angry at the stupid commonsnse media