Parent reviews for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra Poster Image

Sexist and misogynistic.

It’s not about the violence or how badly written it is. For me, the reason I wouldn’t let me son watch this when he’s older or growing up is for how it portrays women. It was almost noticeable the moment I flicked over the tv. Highly sexualised. All the women have to be extremely thin, white, largely busted and with long wavy hair and “good looks”. They’re portrayed as either too dumb or pathetic to fight or if they do, weak, they obey orders or they are as devious and deceptive using their looks for this. I don’t know how I managed to watch more than a few minutes of this. Not for anyone over the age of 18 who has come to understand gender equality and oversexualisation of women is not ok.

G.I Joe the movie

violence is good and fun but still a boring movie

it is ok

it is not xtrame volint.but your kids will find it a bit boring becuse it does not resemble the older gi joe.the characters are not like gi joe.it has the name gi joe but it has nothing to do with.i recomend gi joe spy troops or gi joe valor vs venom or sigma 6.

fun movie

entertaining
It's pretty violent through out, but none of it is done any sort of a realistic way, so most kids in the 11-13 age range can probably handle it.

stupid

lol seen it with my freind at the movie theater we thought it was stupid! lol
Really a cool movie set in the not-too-distant future. Good violence

More fun than I expected, No problem for my kids

This is one of those movies that to me is like watching a cartoon. Most of the violence is so over the top - not to mention with almost no blood - that it's completely unbelievable. Example - bad guy in an all white suit, involved in an exploding car wreck. Steps out with a minor cut on his head, and his white suit still impeccably clean. My kids and I laughed at that. I'm usually super careful about violence in movies, because my 10 year old can be sensitive to some things, but this was fine for him. I'd definitely say ok for 12 and up, 10 and up depending on how sensitive your child is.

On my...what a waste of my time. As stated before by another member I feel more dumber having watched it. (Proof is in the last sentence). But I always preview movies before allowing my kids to watch. This is one they oh so wanted to see. Not a chance. Only the very young or mindless adults would say anything positive about this sad movie. Don't waste your money and more importantly your time.