Kid reviews for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra Poster Image

Kai

Too violent for kids, too childish for grown-ups. Hahahahaha, CSM! You're so funny! XD They are now 10000000000000000000000000000 year old glass of milk after watching this! And it looks like a grownup version of Spy Kids!

Too Childish for Teens & Adults

I watched the 2 minutes of this film & after they put on a mask to burn the guy’s face it started having a childish tone that I also started to find it too. I’m 13 & from the expert review video I didn’t expect it not this movie to be not for 13 year olds so did I when I find it childishly it’s similar to Scooby Doo (2002) & it’s sequel. this Movie is so-so for immature, childlike (more luke intellectually disabled that also makes you have the mind of a child) Dumb & Stupid Teens & Adults Only or Immature Kids & Tweens who can also handle PG-13 Violence.

Ehhh....

This movie is ok. Most of the movie is senseless violence, shooting, sword fighting, and hand to hand combat. There is no meaningful content, just fighting. So if you like crazy action movies then watch it, but if you don't like watching people killing each other for two hours, take a pass on it.

Awsome movie

I really love this movie and I am driving my parents crazy with it, there is a lot of fighting in it but thats why its 12+ and there are people saying that in the flashbacks that there is a kid murdering a grown up, watch the second movie and then you see who truly killes that grown up

Fun movie based on classic franchise.

This is a great action film, but it does have its fair share of violence. Lots of people are shot, stabbed, blown up, and more. People shoot explosive arrows and stab swords into the eye holes of bad guys helmets. In one scene, a dead man starts decomposing rapidly. This may scare some younger viewers. There isn't anything inappropriate in this movie and language isn't all that frequent. Overall, this movie isn't nearly as bad some people say, and it is a very fun movie.

The worst movie of all time

Violence- 4 (Brutal violence and many explosions)

"G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" movie review

I was so excited to see "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" when it first came out. When I watched the movie, I was bored out of my mind. The movie was so bad. It was a movie with a horrible screenplay, terrible acting, and a dreadful development of characters. I have no idea what the filmmakers were thinking. The first word that comes into my mind when someone mentions this movie is hell. Watching this movie is basically hell. What have I ever done to Hollywood? This movie was torture to my eyes. The movie focuses way too much on the action and to be honest, the action wasn't that good. The acting is horrible and the entire movie itself is very crude at times. The big question I have is "Why was this film so miserable?". I almost gave up in life after watching this movie. Luckily, there were some good movies after this crap-bomb came out in 2009. I strongly suggest skipping this movie. I was so glad that the sequel was better.

Too violent for Hasbro's age demographic, suitable for older tweens and teens, however, it tops Hasbro's previous attempts at making good movies.

As apparent in Stephen Summers' other flicks, it's filled with extreme (albeit minimally bloody/gory) violence, however I believe that "G. I Joe: The Rise of Cobra" rightfully deserved it PG-13 rating. Like the similarly inspired "Transformers" movies, there is some strong langauge, although no f-words, there are a couple s-words, and a handful of uses of b*stard, h*ll, a*s, p*ss, d*mn, g*d*mn, and S.O.B. included in the dialogue. There is constant and extreme, however generally bloodless action violence, including a plethora of disturbing medical procedures (often on screen) and all involving needles. Sex is limited to kissing, banter, and discussion of 'touching," all together, pretty unsuitable content to be featured in a movie used to promote action figures, as were all of the other Hasbro flicks (i.e. "Transformers," "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," "Transformers: Dark of the Moon," and "G. I. Joe: Retaliation.") I feel it was unnecessary for Stephen Summer to include content that should be left to older tween viewers rather than Hasbro's intended age demographic with their products. Although this movie is to violent for kids, and too stupid for adults, it's a perfect choice for older tweens/ near teens and teenage viewers, this may even interest boys (or girls perhaps) as old as 14 or 15. However, I can not comprehend why they utilized such main-stream actors and actresses to play in very brief roles (Brendan Fraser, Dennis Quaid, and Joseph Gordon Levvit play apparent put momentary roles). Overall, "G. I.Joe: The Rise of Cobra is underrated by critics, and deserves a better reputation, as does it's sequel, and is worth watching once or twice depending on your interests and your parents concept for content suitability.