All teen and kid member reviews for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Kid, 12 years old Written byBLACKVENOM500 May 29, 2011

yo yo yo, my name is G.I Joe!

PLENTY of destruction sequences. the eifel tower is dissentegrated and falls and crushes paris. car chases, smashes, explosions, and ninja combat scenes are quite intense. there are long, sloppy kisses from duke, ana, and mcullen. uses of s*** and d***. one use of a**hole. military violence and guns. a character gores another character, his brother. the theme of a weapon company might be a little too disturbing for some people

Kid, 9 years old Written byDeleteMePlease July 9, 2010

Kid, 11 years old Written bymeme103 July 19, 2010

a++++++++++++

Teen, 15 years old Written byDziko January 9, 2011

Meh.

I'll admit it: I watched this movie solely for Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The most fun I had while watching was trying to figure out which character he was (since I had no idea), joking sarcastically about how he was totally the creepy scientist, and then realizing a few seconds later that-- alsdkfjlkdsf-- he WAS the creepy scientist. Anyway, the movie was otherwise lame jokes and violence. I might have appreciated it more had I not been staring at poor JGL's messed up face.

Kid, 11 years old Written bycinnamonrolls June 3, 2011

good movie

pretty good entertaining movie

Teen, 16 years old Written bythegodfather123456 April 29, 2011

so bad............

I have many concerns for this film. That is that the plot is cliche, these actors cannot save anyone's dang lives by acting, and pretty much every other aspect of the film. The ONE good aspect of this piece of trash is Joseph Gordon-Levitt who gives a very good performance as the villain.

WOW. This movie is so stupid! The writing is absolutely horrible and is so hard to believe. Yes, these 2 people are in excelerator-suits (what a dumb name), which make you run about 5 times as fast as you would run regularly, and these 2 people still fail to stop a lady that's blowing up the Eiffel Tower for no reason at all.

The effects are also extremely incredibly cheesy, and the action sequences are stupid.

They try to make the film dramatic, with love-triangles that are so corny... I hated this film. The script is also some of the worst I've ever heard in my life.

Watch this film if you want a good laugh, to laugh at how bad it is.

GI Joe gets 1/5 stars

Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 March 14, 2010

2 hours of dumb, brainless fun

G.I. Joe was a great toy. So now, like Transformers, they make a movie out of it. But this is a violent and jarring thriller that will make kiddies upset and will disappoint older viewers. The special effects are cool enough, but the script is heinous, the acting is horrible (besides a genuinely creepy performance by Christopher Eccleston), and the story is brainless. Still, it is very fun to watch, just make sure to keep the young ones at home and turn off your brain.

Teen, 14 years old Written by8colony8 May 3, 2011

Super violent, super cool!

First, this is a very good movie and I have no idea why people say its so bad! There is some language including hell, d--n, b--ch, and s--t. One female character wears a sort of innapropriate outfit. There is lots and LOTS of action violence. A guy has a hot metal mask put on his face, a man is bitten by a snake, cars are flipped and crushed, half of Paris gets wrecked, vehicles are blown up, people engage in swordfights, hand to hand, firefights, underwater fights (in subs), and chopper fights. Some might think the surgery scene is gross, where a man gets needles put in his face and it starts warping. The only gory part is where a man is eaten from the inside by little nanomites, and his face melts into a bloody mess. Great movie 12 and up! Please don't listen to what CSM or other people say, its worth watching!

Kid, 11 years old Written byace333 November 8, 2010

violent!

this movie is super violent this guys face blew up!!!

Kid, 10 years old Written bymovie dude October 16, 2010

one of my fav movies!

This was a very good movie! Im an action lover and this awsome movie gave me enough! A little too violent at the end, a character is burned and shot and his face is burned/bloodied, characters and stabbed in the head, eyes, and around the chest area. No gore at all.

Kid, 11 years old Written bymoviefan22 January 1, 2010

Ok movie for tweens and up...

This movie is violent, but it's interesting and has a good plot. It's not great, but not horrible. Come on CSM, 1 star, really? It's not scary at all and it has some awesome matrix moves. It probably should be PG.

Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist December 19, 2009

Good movie; get's a little stupid at parts. For tweens and up

Kid, 10 years old Written byhorsesgurl1999 November 26, 2009

The movie that shocked Thanksgiving

Well, we whatched it on.....Thanksgiving. So, It was VERRY viliolent and apropriate for ages over 12 or 13.
I was a little shocked that they used a Disney Star! That wasn't a good choice for them. But,if you DO like all the violence stabbing etc. then I think you would apeel to 'G.I. JOE rise of cobra'.

Kid, 10 years old Written byHobbit October 22, 2009

I thought it was good violence was the worst part.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBellaCullen1120 September 12, 2009

I fell in love with this one

i gotta tell ya im not really into these kinda movies i only went becuz of Channing Tatum but i actually luved this movie it was so good it kept u on the edge of ur seat it was a little violent for the youger kids that like G.I. Joe but nothing to fret over

Teen, 15 years old Written byJoey123 August 10, 2009

Pretty good, they incorporated a lot of the characters from the action figures. Sensitive teens probably shouldn't watch this, because it is pretty violent. Characters are blown up, shot, decapitated, knifed, and eaten alive by nanites. Most of this is bloodless, but not all. Overall a pretty good movie without hardly any sex, and very little language.

Teen, 15 years old Written byRicochet94 January 23, 2010

Summer Popcorn Fun!

If it doesn't sound good, I don't think you will enjoy it. But if a two-hour action summer movie is what you are into, you're going to have a great time.
Unlike Michael Bay's Transformers movies [vomit], these do not thrive on crass sexual content and language. This film knows what it is, and director Stephen Sommers doesn't try to do any better. It's obvious Sommers and his crew had a great time making it.

NOTE: In spite of what others said, this is a very violent film--about as violent as you can get with no blood or gore. One notable scene involves a man melting, and another involves a man having a white-hot iron mask forcibly applied to his face as punishment. Beware!

Kid, 9 years old Written byNebi2000 January 2, 2010

Very good, ages 10-17!

This movie was AWESOME!!! It was violent, but no blood until the end. People 10-17 will love it!

Kid, 7 years old December 29, 2009

best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why is it PG-13 it is not bad at all it should be PG.sure it has some violent parts but it should be PG.i just mean come on!!!!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMTRreviews December 5, 2009

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!! this movie is the best movie i have ever seen i have seen it 11 times and it never gets old. my only concern is the violence. peoples heads get blown off and they get stabbed in the eye. but there is no blood exept when storm shadow and snake eyes fight. and snake eyes as a kid is the kid off of leo little big show, and storm shadow is tran off of tropic thunder. this movie is 100% awesome. see it!!!!!!!!!!!