All parent member reviews for Grown Ups

Adult Written byv_jag July 14, 2010

I thought it was good for 12 and up

I loved this movie, it has some slow spots but I haven't laughed out loud so many times at a movie in a long time.

Parent of a 2 year old Written byYahoo Kids July 30, 2010

Adult Written bysouthparkfan14 July 18, 2010

Best adam sandler movie

this was an awesome movie, the whole theater was laughing at the movie

Parent of a 3, 4, and 14 year old Written bynicky120104 July 12, 2010

Good but for older then 13

I loved it and so did my husband and 14 year-old son.

Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written bysummerjam July 12, 2010

Funny comedy

I seen the movie and thought it was funny. There is a little bad langauge and some drinking in this movie.It has a good story line a group of friends get together after a tradgedy. It shows them interacting with the kids and having a good time. makes you want to spend more time with family and friends

Parent of a 8 year old Written bygrandmanog June 26, 2010

Love this movie,it was great. You honestly laugh through the whole movie. I do not think that it is age appropriate for young kids, marketed for a young teens and adults.

Adult Written bySugaMetal June 27, 2010

Funny for the grown ups, not so much for the youngins (leavem' home!)

Grew up with Sandler, so I knew what to expect and as always, I would not let my younger kids watch this. Great for Dad and I, but kids are easily influenced and Sandler humor is just not what I want my kids to imitate. Trying to teach our daughter to respect herself and our son to respect women. Just aint happenin' with this one folks. So all in all- funny for us, not so much for the kiddos (although I'm sure they would find it hilarious, I don't want my kids acting like that!)

Parent of a 9 year old Written byCgreen June 26, 2010

Funny love all those guys and they have great onscreen chemistry but it was not language nor some sexual references appropriate for my nine year old although it was pg13 some of those ratings are ok for this age group but not this one, I was actually a little embarrased walking out of the movies thinking that other people in the movie thought what was she thinking. but not this time

Adult Written bySydneyJoLynn June 25, 2010

Good Movie for GrownUps and their Teenage kids.

My brother (15) and I (19) went to see this movie on the premiere. It certainly had its laughs for us, and there was plenty of potty-humor jokes (Farting Grandmothers, Peeing in the Pool...) that would seem appropriate for children that like that kind of humor. However, this isn't for children who still believe in the toothfairy. (Some truths are revealed.)

A positive message I took from this movie? You don't need electronics to have fun. Some of the children learn that they don't need their phones and special, expensive extras and can instead go skip rocks or play basketball.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byBklynSF June 24, 2010

Dude read the parenting manual

What I think is this movie is anothe manifestiation of indulgent parenting in our culture. Adam Sandler is a Dad - he should know better but I guess being a hollywood dad makes it OK to him. These jokes are hilarous for GROWN UPS. for kids watching supposed grown ups doing this (yes hilarious) stuff is actually scary b/c grown ups should do this stuff on their own time when kids aren't watching

Parent of a 11, 14, and 14 year old Written byRosie5577 July 26, 2013

Run. Away.

Watched this with my husband and three sons after being told it had a PG rating... In spite of my youngest being ten years old, we often let him watch PG-13 movies, finding movies like The Avengers, Spider-Man, and The hobbit fine for him. I so wish I had checked this site before, but even so, the description doesn't do justice to how horrendous this film is. My husband and 14 year olds enjoyed some of the slapstick and the few jokes that were funny, but overall, we were sadly disappointed. The older woman/younger man and nursing jokes, in particular, were over-used, demeaning and unnecessary. The sexual innuendo was pervasive. The scenes making fun of the short, less attractive daughter of one of the friends is mean, and accompanied by scenes where the men ogle the beautiful daughters and are disgusted with the older woman. There is just so much ICK factor with this movie ... "Grown Ups" was a painful experience and I don't recommend for kids or teens. It was far more sexually inappropriate than many of the PG-13 movies out these days.

Parent of an infant, 6, and 8 year old Written byMomma comma July 15, 2013

Good for date night

Extremely funny. For kids you may want to think. Adam sandler says " let's get wasted" and kids ask what it means. He tells them it means you eat to much ice cream and then the kids want to " get wasted". One character is a acholic. Consumerism is not a concern of me and my husband, but a character does mention and wear a KFC bucket. Sexy stuff includes a small talk about sex, crushes, revealing things at water park scene ( muscular man, revealing bathing suit), and a mom is a model, she talks about bras a little plus wears some revealing things, a boy gets hit on his private parts, a mom still lets her kid suck on her breasts and when he discovers milk her spouse says "more for me" and other relationships, etc. They also talk about the tooth fairy. The only language i noticed was a girl says ( about a fly light killer thing)
wheres it taking them
David spade "hell"
Adam" don't say that " ( his daughter)
David. Sorry, Mexico.
In the end they talk about families which may include messages ( positive) and the parents are very caring to friends and kids.

Parent Written bySushifmom July 9, 2013

Tooth fairy alert

My 7.5 year old is crushed. They talk about the TOOTH FAIRY! Was watching at the older cousins. It got turned off after that - not sure if the situation gets remedied. Can't change the positive massage icon. Really it's a negative message.

Parent Written byRicky_B February 9, 2013

Definitely not for kids!

NOT for children at all!!
Watched with my 12yr old daughter and 10yr old son and very much wish I had not. Much too many sexual references and innuendos. Many of the jokes were adult based.

Adult Written bymattguy July 20, 2012

awesome movie

this is a funny movie i really enjoyed it some swears like ass s**t once d*ck.one sex part were you see the shadows of a man and a women having sex and a mans butt is shown.characters drinnk beer nothing serious.also one kid is 5 and is breast feeding doesnt shown breast .

Adult Written byage 10+ April 22, 2012

Very funny sandler flick

Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Grown Ups

friends that played basketball movie is a good absolute comedy by adam sandler.