All parent member reviews for Hancock

Parent Written byPlague March 4, 2010

Hancock

Will Smith is a very funny character. This movie was pumped full of action and humor, along with a great storyline.

Parent Written byNotYourMom June 24, 2012

Not For Kids Under 17

Not really for children under 17. There is a lot of swearing, sex, alcohol abuse ect. Not something you want your children to imitate and certainly not a hero for your children to look up to.

Adult Written byJEDI micah April 25, 2012

It's a bird! It's a plane! IT'S WILL SMITH!!!

Next to Men in Black and Shark Tale, this is probably Will Smith at his best! This superhero movie is awesome! Like other superhero movies, it has plenty of violence, but what may be a little more surprising is the way Hancock drinks alcoholic beverages. Parents, this will be a great movie for your kids if they're 13 and older! There are also some funny scenes in this movie as well!

Adult Written bywhitehatblacktie April 9, 2008

Big laughs for adults for kids not so much

This movie was funny but being a dad it was 2 innoproprite. My son and i saw it on july 1st and we left 25 mins into the movie. But i felt uncomfortable with my son lots of language and vulgar humor know your kids before you see this!

Adult Written byquicksilver369 April 9, 2008

Too much cursing!

I love Will Smith and this movie is good but the amount of cursing makes it bad for younger viewers. In the first couple of minutes a child calls Hancock an a**hole and it continues throughout the movie. The "A" word is used by everyone (adults and children) many times to make Hancock "angry". So many different curse words are used that I nearly had to leave with my 8 year old. However, it does improve as the movie goes on. There was no sex or blood so it could have been rated PG if the language was limited (as the CSM suggests) or eliminated entirely.

Parent of a 1, 8, 9, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil January 28, 2009

Who craes if the hero is an alcoholic?

It overrated

Adult Written byTerrol April 9, 2008

Fun and different, but too much strong language.

I enjoyed the movie, but the profanity was too pervasive and wore me down.

Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bytkmom April 9, 2008

Good movie but not for kids

This movie was very violent! I think the PG-13 rating and even the usually good information on this site are significantly understating the quite realistic violence in this movie. Don't get me wrong. The movie is well made, the characters interesting and the plot quirky and absorbing but I would definitely NOT bring kids of any age to this movie!

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 16, 2012

hancock

Families can talk about why kids want to see this movie -- is it because of the story, or because of all the hype?

Discuss why Hancock is so distant and angry in the
beginning of the movie. How are both Hancock the character and Hancock the movie different from and similar to other cinematic superheroes?

What would you say the movie's messages are?

How does Hancock change over the course of the film? What do he and Ray teach each other?

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bydsloanak March 7, 2009

IT was an okay movie.

I liked it to a degree. I mean its hard not to like a movie with will smith in it.There is a little twist in the movie which is great and kinda catches you off guard. NO KIDS SHOULD WATCH THIS MOVIE..This is Adult content=D

Parent of a 7 year old Written byjflynn22 December 4, 2008

Good movie

This is a great move - it's funny, there's action..all good stuff. My 7 year old wanted to see it, but we watched it first and decided it's not really appropriate. There is a lot of violence and language. More so, in my opinion, than movies like Iron Man or The Hulk.

Adult Written byChris LP November 30, 2008

My new favorite movie!!

This is by far the best superhero movie of all time. A must see for everyone.

Adult Written byhpdvs2 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bybaggins April 9, 2008

Adult Written bylisten April 9, 2008

Watching this!

Watching this movie made me as an African American woman so sad.this movie sucks sucks sucks! why couldn't they put another Black person for wills love partner, like spider-man, superman,all those other superhero movies they all got their same race. I don't understand there are so many great Black actress out there. why couldn't they play Charlize Theron role?the movie was so boring I really wanted my money back!

Adult Written byMother of 5 April 9, 2008

Walked Out

What a shame. We took our family to the movies and ended up walking out. The foul anguage ruined what could have been a good movie. I realize that we are often subjected to bad language at work and school, but I refuse to pay the priveledge.

Adult Written byeinfinet April 9, 2008

Great movie

The movie was good and the violence was iffy. In the last 30 minutes there was blood. Lauguage had 3 f--k's,lots of sh-- and like 50 a-- a--hole and jacka-- overall i recomed 13 and up or if you are mature 11 and up.And I forgot Hancock is very alholic and in one scene flies drunk.

Adult Written bynaisydaisy April 9, 2008

not well done, foul language

This movie could have been so much better. Lots of good actors, but poorly written. Once again Hollywood writers lack creativity or the ability to sustain a script so they constatntly throw in swearing. I get so sick of it! Believe it or not, that is NOT how all families talk and I resent trying to take my kids for a little fun afternoon and having to be subjected to this. Stuff like that ruins a film for me and frankly, if the story is good enough and the actors are doing their job, that should be enough to make a movie entertaining.

Adult Written byjoolz_43344 April 9, 2008

I walked out

My husband, myself, and our son (13 yrs old) watched it expecting it to be more of a family-friendly-superhero-movie. It turned out to be a lot of profanity including 'a**, and a**hole'. Children were also using these words in the movie. There were many parts that completely offended me when everyone in the movie theater was laughing. For example, Hancock got mad at a kid for calling him the above words so he punched him up in the air. I don't think it's funny or acceptable for an adult to punch or hurt a child. Another part when Hancock was in prison, he litterally put one guy's head up another guys' you-know-what. Hancock isn't just an alcoholic, he has major issues. Needless to say, we didn't stay more than 30 minutes of the movie.

Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

Great!!!

Just the summer flick we needed this year so far the so called summer blockbusters have been huge letdowns but not Hancock. Will Smith does an awesome job as usual the plot is kinda weird and some scenes were kind of cheezy but still a great movie movie. It's all the things u want in a superhero movie the action the comedy and the emotinal scenes that suprised me with this so called comedy