Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 9 kid reviews

Sort by:

Calm down…

Michelle Trachtenberg at her best (well, apart from Buffy). Firstly, I don’t like the offical review. Girl to woman has nothing to do with sex. Growing breasts is just part of puberty and life. Secondly, it’s a bit over the top Thirdly, watch this movie

It’s Trash

It has totally no conflict the book is basically she writes in a notebook her friends see the notebook they make a clubhouse against her and then become friends again.Nothing Good about the story at all.Of Course that’s just my opinion so read the book if u want and see what u think of it

Harriet the Spy Review

Great movie with great messages. However, there is a lot of bullying. Harriet writes stuff about her friends + kids in her class in her privet notebook which gets stolen by them. They gang up on her and than she severely gets revenge. Great messages about not to bully. At one point in the movie Harriet slaps the biggest bully, Marrion Hawthorn for pouring paint on her.

Wonderful!

This is such a cute movie, I remember watching it in fourth grade and my whole class laughed their brains out. I have seen many versions of this movie and I'm not quite sure if this is the one where they hang the girl's bra on the flagpole, I apologize if this is that version. Also, kids may want to start a notebook like Harriet.

alright!!!

its great i love this movie :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):):):):)::::::::::::::

Mexican/Spanish....Random

This movie was a little depressing. It wasn't bad though. I found it wierd by the music being mexican/spanish......random.

Great!

I was a huge fan of this movie when my cousin introduced it to me at age...8 I think? The storyline is realistic, but not boring as some realistic films can be for kids. This film is very funny and will keep kids of all ages entertained. The acting in this movie is quite good. Many people I know who saw this movie as a kid decided that they wanted to follow in Harriet's footsteps and keep a notebook themselves. That encourages kids to be observant (well, maybe a little TOO observant, in Harriet's case). I read the book, too, and I prefer this version. Don't even bother with "Harriet the Spy: Blog Wars" though, that movie was awful.

good!!

My sister and I love this movie! We watch it a LOT! The book is really good to though.

I lived the Life of Harriet the Spy

When I was nine years old, my mother first read to me the book Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh. I was enthralled by the thought that this young girl could be a spy. Then, when I was introduced to the movie a year later I lived the life of Harriet. It inspired me to start a journal in which I recorded every around me so that I wouldn't miss anything. It took me months to sign my own name at the bottom instead of Harriet M. Welsh. The movie is full of kid-friendly humor and has a great story line. A must see for any child.