Parent reviews for Hellboy (2004)

Hellboy (2004) Poster Image

Great Movie For Teenagers

I was skeptical when I first learned about Hellboy, because I didn't really know what it was about and I'd never read the comics before. However, one day while I was home alone, I decided to watch it. I must say - it was amazing!! It had plot, action, a team of paranormal investigators (of sorts), romance, and a very unique hero. I was thirteen when I watched Hellboy, and fourteen (I think) when I watched it again, this time with my parents and brothers (ages 9 and 7). Watching it with them was fun!! Please note that the Hellboy my family and I saw was also the Director's cut, so it probably included stuff that wasn't in the original (since I've only seen the director's cut, I can't say what was different). Also, it doesn't say this in the initial review, but I thought John Myers was a pretty good role model. He was diligent, he was kind, and he was loyal. In my opinion he was an excellent example of a good friend.

Most Mediocre Movie I've Ever Seen

From what i've watched of this movie, the biggest thing that came to mind was "boring!". There's nothing horrible about it but there's nothing about which is in the least bit good. There's nothing inappropriate about it or anything, it's just bland. I get how one would enjoy watching it but honestly it really depends on the kind of things you like. All in all i'd give it a 7/10

My kids favorite Movie.

Suitable for brave 7yos and up

My son has loved Ghostbusters and Star Wars since he was 4, never found Jaws particularity scary and was a little bit creeped out by certain characters and scenes in this film but the overall goodness of the Title character and his good intentions he loved. He appreciated the fact that he's not perfect and the baddies were just bad enough to be scary. If they're brave, I'd say that this is fine for 7+.

A fun family film

Let me start by saying, I have a 9yo daughter and two boys, age 6 and age 4. All of my kids---from a young age---have been able to discern things they see in movies from things they see in real life, and don't scare as easily as most. My biggest concerns are profanity, sex, and gratuitous violence or gore. This film has plenty of comic book violence to rival today's Marvel and DC films but that's about it, and for kids who know that monsters aren't real and that nobody is actually getting hurt or dying, the violence is fairly innocuous. Noting excessive or gratuitous. No profanity, no sex, and other than Hellboy's cigars (again, my kids know the difference between cigars and cigarettes because I smoke them on occasion) there isn't anything concerning that would prompt a too difficult to answer line of questioning. If your kids love great special effects, fascinating comic book characters, and lots of action, this is a great one to fire up some popcorn for and get everyone on the couch for movie night.
Are you freaking kidding me 14 + This movie has no blood and it is not inappropriate.And you guys think that if they say the word hell or somebody has stitches on them it is for 14+.

Iffy for 10+

Good movie

better than spawn

both this one and the second one really kick the crap out of spawn

okay

if your kids really want to see it let them