Kid reviews for Hellboy (2004)

Hellboy (2004) Poster Image

Hellboy: Scary movie or harmless schlockfest?

Okay so this is a good movie I suppose. There is mention of nazis but only really in the first scenes. In terms of scary stuff, it’s only really the villains. There is one guy who is like a Nazi Overlord or something who overpowers himself with *beeg* glove and presumably dies, then is resurrected by appearing from a lake of blood (ew). There is a female villain who just uses knives and junk and isn’t scary. To point to the scariest part, there is an assassin who, in the opening scenes is basically like Shredder from TMNT but when he is resurrected you see him without his gas mask he looks super creepy with these *beeg* eyes and junk. You only see him without the mask in 2 scenes. Hellboy is in a relationship with a fire lady but I DONT SEE WHY EVERYBODY IS POINTING THIS OUT AS A *BEEG* SEXY MOVIE BECAUSE HE JUST KISSES HER AND MENTIONS THEY WERE IN A RELATIONSHIP GET A GRIP PEOPLE (ahem) Hellboy uses a *beeg* gun and the scary assassin guy from before gets impaled on a *beeg* spike. Hellboy also punches people. It’s basically a 20% scarier Marvel Movie. Enjoy, kiddies. (And get ur popcorn. Things are about to get schlocky)

Hell BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY

The impostor is sus

Bad movie for people with autism

If your child had autism, please avoid this show. There is no education value, instead, characters curse at each other. My son thought this show was scary. Also, Hellboy gave my son nightmares. My son asked me if he was Shan Yu and Jafar hybrid. Also, this show gave my son sensory overload and he will be forever traumatized by it.

Awesome but violent movie.

I just wanted to say how great this movie is, but in one scene a character with a surgical addiction lies dead and eyeless in a gory morgue scene. Later, he comes to life. (he has eyes in this scene.) And when in his costume he is not as scary at all.

Great but scary action movie!

AN AMAZING SUPERHERO MOVIE!

There are just some parts where i want to complain but for 2004, i mean this came out before i was even born so if anything i just have to give credit to this movie. I've never seen any of the Hellboy movies yet when i was a kid i always used to see him pop up on fx a lot, but ive always had these movies in the back on my mind yet i never had the urge to watch it and now the time has come to see it so im gonna review it. Its funny how its not a marvel or dc movie but its just there, not part of either of them. I thought some action sequences had good CGI but i definitely was not the best but for 2004 i just cant complain. There wasn't enough of the other heroes and it was like hellboy did all of the actual work. Some jokes were pretty cringey and i feel like this is really meant for kids and it should be rated r. One of the villains is so cool with the swords and blades but when he kills and slices people there isn't one drop of blood. The new one is rated r but damn this should have been too. Theres one part where someone is about to say son of a and then something happens before he can say it. Im not really complaining though and i really like the whole actin and comedy aspect of it. Im not really a fan of movies with all this dark magic and evil undertones, i like my superhero movies like avengers not to do with hell but this one gets a pass and hope the second one is way better, i should have saw this as a kid.

Superhero tale is good with some pretty wacky scenes.

I really liked this movie but some of the scenes can get really odd and disturbing. For instance there is a dude with some pretty big and gaping eyeballs. And another bad guy can move his veins around or something, and it looks messed up. If your kids are brave, 9+ but if they aren’t hold off until they are 11 or 12.

Action filled to the brim!

Hellboy is a fun film to watch when you are in the mood for a unusual, action filled superhero movie. This film, while an exciting film to watch, Hellboy suffers from very predictable momentd, and a couple of cheesy and unnecessary scenes.

Ok for ages 11 and up