Parent reviews for Herbie: Fully Loaded

Herbie: Fully Loaded Poster Image

Use of God's name over and over makes it inappropriate for all kids

I was astounded and offended at the recurring use of God's name in vain. It happened at LEAST 10 times and was rated G. I was horrified and should have left the theater. In our home, that is worse than any 4 letter word and I was surprised that I could not feel assured that a G rated movie would not include religious exclamations.

2 people found this helpful.
The person who named their review "Air Pollution" doesn't make any sense at all. What the heck are you talking about? Anyways, this movie's kind of fun and it's okay for five year old. I know, they say oh my God over and over, even though it' rated G.

1 person found this helpful.
not rated for age

Herbie - Finally a great movie for kids and parents!!!

My son (8 1/2) and I both finally had a movie to really enjoy! I didn't think the commercialism was a big deal, and as far as Maggie lying to her dad - my son had no problem getting what a disappointment that was to him. It was clear that lying has consequences. The movie was fast paced, no icky love connections for little kids to gross out over, and was humorous. Everything I'd expect from Disney and more.
1 person found this helpful.
Gosh, I read the common sense reviews and my husband and I prepared ourselves to hate the movie. Far from it - yes it was formulaic, yes there were way too many “God” uses taking the Lord’s name in vain, yes the main character lies to her dad but golly, it was a cute movie. I would recommend it. Our kids are 6 and 8 and that age group seemed about right. Yes there’s a lot of NASCAR product placement but Gee whiz, that stuff is relevant 15 years ago.

My kids loved it. 100% clean

My kids loved this movie. They are 7, 9 and 11 years. I didn't notice any objectionable content at all. There is a little romance, but it was very innocent. (I actually prefer that my kids see some romance when it is done correctly.)

Good movie for car enthusiast kids

Better than some overly cheesy kids movies. This one was entertaining and fun.

Air Pollution

While returning from a trip, Delta chose to screen this flick on each of the hundreds of tiny screens dotting the cabin in our plane. My 4 year old, who had (fortunately) slept through most of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith," woke to find "Herbie" in full throttle. He was transfixed, thank you, Hollywood. But on what? A crass mix. If anyone thinks there was social redeption in the casting of a girl as lead -- wrongo. My boy told me afterward that boys ALWAYS win. When I asked what the movie showed, he said that it was just a story on a movie. This was his second movie. No thank you, movie houses.

better than expected

My six-year-old daughter liked it a lot and I barely checked my PDA for email during the movie, so it met my entertainment thresshold. Talented cast, a few cute moments, and I wanted to be young enough to date the young lead who played Kevin.

I was surprised

that I - as an adult - found this movie entertaining (not great, just entertaining), but my 5 y.o. loved it.

Kids's loved it

I took my daughter and her two friends to see this movies. They loved it, even the boy who came loved it, I was worried he may not like it because of Lindsey Lohan being in the movie but I was wrong he really liked it. Lots of race car driving to appeal to all. It got a little boring near the end, it dragged on a bit but over all it was a good movie.