Parent and Kid Reviews on

Hide and Seek Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 16 kid reviews

Sort by:

Not one for kids, but perfect for teens!

THE STORY: After her mother's suicide, a young girl (Dakota Fanning) and her father (Robert De Niro) move to a creepy house in the New York countryside. There's a weird cave, creepy neighbours who bring keys around at 3am, and an even creepier imaginary friend called Charlie. You have been warned. HOW APPROPRIATE? There are some tense, eerie moments. You see a woman and a cat dead in a bathtub, writing (in blood) on the walls, a 'dead' policeman come back to life, and blood. The ending is a twist in the tale. Before you watch this, you need to know that - although it's not the scariest film - there are some genuinely tense moments that may make you squirm in your seat. It's not one for kids or pre-teens, but teenagers will enjoy this thriller.
1 person found this helpful.

Okay common sense media, chill out a bit.

Hide and seek is a great scary movie for tweens. The plot twist however is a bit dark but is definitely worth a watch. This film is more of a drama then an horror. Emily is a young girl traumatised by her mother’s resent death (which appeared to be suicidal). To help his daughter move on from the event, her father takes her away to the country where things take a bad turn fast.

One of the best!

Amazing movie with an unexpected ending, it is a real nail-biter. Very disturbing in places but overall very good.

soooo good!

This is a great movie with terrifying twists and turns. This movie has a great storyline and Dakota Fanning is amazing!!! But this movie is definitely too frightening for young children and the story line is too complicated for them too understand. But I recommend you watch it, it's my favorite movie.

Hide and seek

I am ten years old and i watch hide and seek by accident but i am not scared and before you watch it watch. The trailer it is A very good storyline

my all time favorite scary movie next to insidious

this is my all time favorite scary movie next to insidious this movie is violent and it is disturbing (spoiler alert) to see how emilys father tries to kill her at the end and how you find out how the father did all of these things. the only really anoying thing is that not a single store has the movie which i am sad about.

"Charlie is my best friend..."

For families who love watching scary movies together, the only reason this is R is the graphic violence and mature subject matter. This is not a movie for young children, but for teens in search for a good scare, or for those interested in mental illness or love a good mind game.

perfect teen thriller

I absolutely loved this movie. It was very creepy but amzing! The ending was completely unpredictable! This whole movie wss very great. Definetly okay for teens, not for kids, iffy for 11ish

LOVE IT!

Nothing bad nothing okay EVERYTHING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!I love this movie creepy but amazing not for little kids!!