All member reviews for Hotel Transylvania

Father-daughter comedy works as intro to monster movies.

Parent Written bymoontan June 7, 2013

this vampire sucks

Lame humor (fart jokes etc.), annoying characters, horrible music (autotuned like crazy), mediocre animation. Enjoyable for kids, but a chore for adults, so not a true family movie.

Parent of a 6 year old Written byCarmencitaDC February 11, 2013

Great movie, great conversation starter...

Great little movie... my 6 year old loved it and I must admit my husband and I enjoyed it as well. We could totally relate to the vampire trying to protect his daughter. It led to a nice conversation about how parents are always trying to protect their children and that sometimes it is hard for some to begin to let go. Naturally, my son says, "Mami, I will never leave you." In my head I was thinking if I could get this written on paper and have him sign it. lol.

Teen, 14 years old Written byRyan Mccordy February 2, 2013

A surprisingly good movie!

Greta movie for all families. I went to see this movie with my family and I thought "This is gonna be a stupid little kid movie.." But the movie was awesome. I normally enjoy a good PG-13 comedy but this was an awesome movie. And a shout out to autisticcaregvr: Really? You have nothing better to do? You make it sound like paranormal activity or a slasher movie! Parents: Do not listen to his review. This movie was meant to be a movie about a coming of age movie. Not a demonic movie.

Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2013

Smiles

This is a cute movie, but the kids 5 and under might not get he humor. There is some love (not an overdose, more like Disney Princess) and a lot of stars in this movie? The reason why I put language is because of the slight potty humor ( teeheehee), but at least the boys will be happy, Overall, a really sweet family movie, and a great addition to the movie collection

Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd November 18, 2012

sony animation`s best movie to date

dracula was funny,mavis is hot,johnathan can be annoying at times and the other characters were generally likeable except for the witches and especially the stupid,ugly unappealing zombies

Teen, 13 years old Written byEric Paul September 22, 2013

Scary for kids

Parent of a 7 year old Written byjcarvin April 9, 2013

Good movie for kids

Very fun movie that my six year enjoyed way more than I thought she would. Even though it's about monsters it's really not scary at all.

Kid, 8 years old March 26, 2013

Awesome.

This is the best movie ever. See it with your dad. Selena Gomez plays Mavis. Rent it right now!

Parent Written byfrankie.guasch December 31, 2012

Watchabe, not scary.

The movie is entertaining and not scary at all, despite its premise. The plot is a little weak, about teenager-father issues. The are some nice jokes but nothing to write home about. I as a parent found it watchable, but that's all.
The kids had fun, mine are 6 year old, and sensitive and weren't afraid at all by the monsters. That is a plus. Though they didn't catch the message of the movie, more appropiate to teenagers and their parents.

Kid, 9 years old December 26, 2012

hotel transylvania

this movie is the best i saw i like 3 times and ill watch it more

Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenc October 28, 2012

This movie bores me

Teen, 13 years old Written bydancer321 March 26, 2014

Hotel Transylvania

This was a really cute movie that little kids will enjoy. Here are a few things to watch out for: Violence: Fake Humans attempt to burn Mavis, but she leaves before they can. Consumerism: Barely anything notable in the movie. There is nothing else to watch out for in this movie!

Kid, 12 years old Written bywxwxwxwx September 3, 2013

Scary

I saw this movie before, it was scary but awesome. On 9-17 Pause 6-8 and Off 2-5

Kid, 10 years old July 22, 2013

Ok animated adventure easily entertains young ones.

Not the best, not the worst.

Parent of a 4, 5, and 8 year old Written byMadeinnofo May 28, 2013

Very funny ! Great for whole family

Little ones may jump for one instance of the dad getting right into the screen , being , well a scary vampire! Lol. This was a great movie that we also purchased and watched plenty already ! Great father/daughter comedy. It has some crudeness, but in the silly sense, hey ,it's an Adam Sandler movie!

Kid, 8 years old April 22, 2013

One to see, for sure

Nice movie, I think you should see it. It's a very funny comedy.

Teen, 13 years old Written by18mlove March 20, 2013

Hotel Transylvania review

I think this is a great movie for kids it is not very scary, but it is funny. I liked this movie and I would recomend it.

Teen, 17 years old Written byhomealonefan123 March 2, 2013

awesome

hilarous, a good movie for all ages

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bywtgreene February 19, 2013

awesome movie

awesome movie. sometimes iffy with the scariness, but friendly kids movie and also very funny

Kid, 11 years old February 18, 2013

Cute!

This movie is really good! I think that its hilarious and it has a really good message! Ok so violence:theres really no violence besides the scary face thing that dracula does. "Sexy stuff": none besides two TINY kisses. Language: none. Consumerism: none. Drinking: none. Great movie! :)