Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 30 parent reviews

Sort by:

Poorly

Did Carey read the script first, or was he too busy counting his money? This movie is totally forgetable. Carey was terrible. Don't bother to see it. Save your money.
1 person found this helpful.

The Grinch's heart grows 3 sizes

A Unforgettable Christmas Classic!

Language disappointing

It wasn’t scary for our kids but the use of language (“what the hell” and “bitchin’”) has no place in a kids’ movie. That’s enough for me to say we won’t be watching it again.

My favorite Christmas movie

This is a must watch around Christmas time. It does say the b word toward the end. He said the sun is shining and the snow is b*ing. I was pretty surprised. There are a few other scenes when he lands in her chest. And couple times mentions alcohol. I like the message about what Christmas is about, including outsiders and people who are alone and redemption. I do still love this movie.

Just look at the Grinch...

The Grinch was released in 2018, and the Grinch still looks weird, but not too bad. This look is just super scary and crazy. Whoever came up with that look, ugh, that is not good.

The Thrilling Tale of “The Grinch”

After watching the Grinch 25 times this past December I have come to the realization that the movie is more than just a way to spread Christmas spirit. It teaches many lessons and is filled with comedy for the whole family. Some of the lessons include, being yourself, helping other people, and true love and happiness can really change people. All of these combined help for a fabulous movie with an immaculate plot. These lesson help shape kids of all ages into young adults. The comedy in this move was unlike any other, with the amazing acting of Jim Carey as the Grinch and witty comebacks it makes a truly hilarious film. Some of my favorite parts include when the grinch bites into an onion, only to rub the onion on his armpits as if it was deodorant, which is to portray that he smells bad. Another joke that was extremely well scripted was when the Grinch shaves the head of the mayor, while this was evil of the grinch it gets the whole family laughing when Jim Carey recites the words “Uh Oh, somebody’s fabulous!”, where he proceeds to kiss the Mayor on his face. Although the grinch is full of humor and joy, there’s a darker side to the character of the grinch. People may think that he is so evil because his dad abused him but that is not true. It was all because everyone laughed at him when he tried to impress his crush, Martha May Whovier. After this he decided to live in a dark mountain where The Who’s would never bother him. A line that gives us a window into his dark life, “4:00, wallow in self-pity. 4:30, stare into the abyss. 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one. 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me. I can’t cancel that again. 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing. I’m booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness.” This really shows how sad the grinch really is. This adds depth to the story and makes it more than just a monster that hates Christmas, and gives him reason for all of his anger and sadness. All and all this movie is truly amazing with comedy, life lessons, and a story that will take you and you’re children on a wild ride of many many emotions.

A Christmas Tradition

I have 3 kids. The oldest first saw it at around 5 years old and the others probably around 3 years old. It has never once occurred to us that it's scary or inappropriate and they all love it. It's good family fun that we watch at least once every Christmas.

A heroic little girl (Cindy Lou Who)is in danger more than once. Kids who understand the difference between fact and fantasy will love the humor in this movie; so will grown-ups. There are a couple of scenes with rude humor: the Grinch sticks his bottom out and says "Pucker up and kiss it" to a woman he likes and several men stare at a woman with large breasts.

Jim at his Worst.

Not worth watching, read the book instead. The Grich eats glass, which was very disturbing.

Does the Dr. Suess classic a disservice

Ended up being a very adult film that was ruined by Jim Carrey and his crude humor with one too many innuendos (how many are appropriate for a kid’s story? None, IMO.) The film takes an innocent story and turns it gross and disturbing. There’s not enough good things to say that would outweigh the negative. I would never show kids this film and don’t care to watch it again myself.