Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 86 kid reviews

Sort by:

Terrible

I've watched this movie so many times. I hate it. It's so annoying and honestly shouldn't be PG. The amount of sexual references in this movie is disgusting.

Gross and disturbing

Hate this movie, makes me feel like I need a bath. Lots of the scenes feel oddly sexual and just have always made me super uncomfortable. This movie freaked me out since I was little. Then again I have never liked Jim Carry ( perhaps because of this movie but still) if you do enjoy Jim Carrey’s movies, knock your self out. However for me, this was the main source of my childhood trauma.

Creepy Holiday Movie

This movie is so disturbing. Jim Carey does a good job as the grinch though. If you have kids under 10, don’t show this to them! This movie should be rated PG-13. There is a part where the Grinch rips off a skirt and a garder is shown on his leg. There is a part where the Grinch falls into Martha’s boobs and he curses. This movie doesn’t even teach kids the true meaning of Christmas! They will think that Christmas is just about getting stuff. The Grinch is weird and gave me nightmares until I was 9. I first viewed this movie when I was 5. The kids in the Grinch’s class bully him in a flashback scene and there is animal abuse. The Who’s are creepy and look like rats. They treat a marriage proposal like a game show and there is a part where it implies that babies come out of the sky and a guy says “Honey our baby is here! It looks like your boss though.” This implies that the guy’s wife has cheated on him. This is a bad message for young kids. There is a part where someone is buying something and an alarm goes off and the shopkeeper says “Congratulations! You maxed out another credit card!” Anyway, stick to classics like Home Alone, Daddy’s Home, Arthur Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, A Charlie Brown Christmas, The Santa Clause, Elf, the OG Grinch, or any other Christmas movie.

2 people found this helpful.

Ok first I scared my sister! And he eats toxic waste! And gets stuck in a.. (I’m not going to finish that because it’s very rude) it really scared my sister the only thing is that Cindy Lou get rapped in a present herself!! 🤣🤣🤣! Sorry I was sick with the laughter (omg! I know it’s sounds really mean but it’s really funny I was on the ground for ages!!) Jim Carrey is a great actor portrays the grinch well!

1 person found this helpful.

It has the message of The Gospel & Salvation. The Grinch realizes that Christmas is about the birth of Jesus and not about presents.

I love the "I'm an Idiot" scene & the "Grinch's Lair" scene! WAY BETTER THAN BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH AS THE GRINCH! Here are some of my favorite quotes from that movie. "Cut, print, check the gate, moving on." "If you utter so much as one syllable, I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND GUT YOU LIKE A FISH!" The Grinch: All right, you're a reindeer. Here's your motivation: Your name is Rudolph, you're a freak with a red nose, and no one likes you. Then, one day, Santa picks you and you save Christmas. No, forget that part. We'll improvise... just keep it kind of loosey-goosey. You HATE Christmas! You're gonna steal it. Saving Christmas is a lousy ending, way too commercial. ACTION! [Max knocks the red nose off] The Grinch: BRILLIANT! You reject your own nose because it represents the glitter of commercialism. Why didn't I think of that? Cut, print, check the gate, moving on. Helpful • 111 0 The Grinch: The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there - on such short notice! Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn't allow it. 4:00, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one; 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me - I can't cancel that again; 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing... I'm booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear? Helpful • 145 2 The Grinch: MAX. HELP ME... I'm FEELING. Helpful • 73 0 [a taxicab passes him by] The Grinch: It's because I'm green isn't it? Helpful • 64 0 The Grinch: I tell you Max, I don't know why I ever leave this place. I've got all the company I need right here. [indicates himself] The Grinch: [shouts] Hello? Echo: Hello. The Grinch: How are you? Echo: How are you? The Grinch: I asked you first. Echo: I asked you first. The Grinch: Oh right, that's REALLY mature, saying exactly what I say. Echo: ...Saying exactly what I say. The Grinch: I'm an idiot! Echo: You're an idiot! The Grinch: [whispering] Alright fine! I'm not talking to you anymore! In fact, I'm going to whisper! So that by the time my voice reverbarates off the walls, and gets back to me, I won't be able to hear it. [pause] Echo: You're an idiot! Helpful • 72 1 The Grinch: Am I just eating because I'm bored? Helpful • 36 0 The Grinch: We're gonna die! We're gonna die! I'm going to throw up, and then I'm gonna die! Mommy, tell it to stop! [continues to scream and yell, then chuckle as he gets the sleigh under control] The Grinch: Whew... ha! Almost lost my *cool* there. Helpful • 33 0 The Grinch: [messing with peoples mail] Jury duty, jury duty, jury duty, black mail, pink slip, chain letter, eviction notice, jury duty. Helpful • 29 0 Cindy Lou Who: We're gonna crash! The Grinch: Now you listen to me, young lady! Even if we're *horribly mangled*, there'll be no sad faces on Christmas. Helpful • 28 0 The Grinch: That's what it's all about, isn't it? That's what it's always been *about*. Gifts, gifts... gifts, gifts, gifts, gifts, gifts! You wanna know what happens to your gifts? They all come to me. In your garbage. You see what I'm saying? In your *garbage*. I could hang myself with all the bad Christmas neckties I found at the dump. And the avarice... [shouts] The Grinch: The avarice never ends! "I want golf clubs. I want diamonds. I want a pony so I can ride it twice, get bored and sell it to make GLUE!" Look, I don't wanna make waves, but this *whole* Christmas season is... [shouts again] The Grinch: ...stupid, stupid, stupid! [calmer] The Grinch: There is, however, one teeny-tiny Christmas tradition I find quite meaningful... [holds up mistletoe] The Grinch: Mistletoe. [puts mistletoe over his butt] The Grinch: Now pucker up and kiss it, Whoville! [wiggles mistletoe] The Grinch: Boi-yoi-yoi-yoing! Helpful • 28 0 Narrator: The Whos young and old would sit down to a feast, and they'll feast, and they'll feast. The Grinch: And they'll feast, feast, feast, feast. They'll eat their Who-Pudding and rare Who-Roast Beast. But that's something I just cannot stand in the least. Oh, no. I'M SPEAKING IN RHYME! Helpful • 27 0 Narrator: So whatever the reason, his heart or his shoes, he stood outside his cave, hating the Whos. The Grinch: [opens phone book] Alphabetically! [looks into book] The Grinch: Aadvarkian Abakeneezer Who, I... [yelling] The Grinch: HATE YOU! [looks into book again] The Grinch: Aaron B. Benson Who, I hate *you*. [looking into book] The Grinch: Hate, hate, hate. Hate, hate, hate. Double hate. LOATHE ENTIRELY! Helpful • 24 0 The Grinch: Any calls? Grinch's Answering Machine: [computer voice] You have no messages. The Grinch: Odd. Better check the outgoing. Grinch's Answering Machine: [Grinch's voice] If you utter so much as one syllable, I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND GUT YOU LIKE A FISH! If you'd like to fax me, press the star key. The Grinch: Hmm. Oh well. Helpful • 33 1 Who Father: Hey, Honey! Our baby's here. [looks closely at the baby] Who Father: He looks just like your boss. Helpful • 33 1 Cindy Lou Who: Santa? The Grinch: WHAT? Cindy Lou Who: Don't forget the Grinch. I know he's mean and hairy and smelly. His hands might be cold and clammy, but I think he's actually kinda... sweet. The Grinch: SWEET? You think he's sweet? Cindy Lou Who: [nods] Merry Christmas, Santa. [goes upstairs] The Grinch: Nice kid... baaad judge of character. Helpful • 32 1 Martha May Whovier: Did I have a crush on the Grinch? Of COURSE not. Cindy Lou Who: Uh... I didn't ask you that. Helpful • 19 0 Cindy Lou Who: Santa, what's the meaning of Christmas? The Grinch: [bursts through the Christmas tree] VENGEANCE! The Grinch: [calmly] Er, I mean... presents, I suppose. Helpful • 18 0 The Grinch: It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes, or bags. Narrator: And he puzzled and puzzled til his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. The Grinch: Maybe Christmas... Narrator: He thought... The Grinch: ...doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more. Helpful • 17 0 The Grinch: Blast this Christmas music. It's joyful and triumphant. Helpful • 16 0 The Grinch: What's that stench? It's fantastic. Helpful • 16 0 The Grinch: I'm all toasty inside. And I'm leaking. Helpful • 16 0 The Grinch: Oh. Bleeding hearts of the world UNITE. Helpful • 24 1 Lou Lou Who: [after sons have said they had seen the Grinch] I'm sure they were just up on Mount Crumpit... playing with matches... defacing public property or something or other. Mayor Augustus Maywho: Oh, well that's a relief. Helpful • 14 0 The Grinch: [after getting bit on the butt by Max] That is not a chew toy. You have no idea where it's been. Helpful • 14 0 The Grinch: One man's toxic sludge is another man's potpourri. [Max barks] The Grinch: I don't know, it's some kind of soup. Helpful • 20 1 The Grinch: Oh, the Who-manity. Helpful • 12 0 Mayor Augustus Maywho: The anger. Whobris: The fury. [cut to Martha May Whovier] Martha May Whovier: The muscles! Helpful • 12 0 The Grinch: [stops a tiny car] Evening, folks. Mind if I squeeze in? [starts to sit on the car] The Grinch: You might want to scooch over. [the whos run away] The Grinch: You did the right thing. Helpful • 11 0 The Grinch: Oh, no, the sleigh, the presents, they'll be destroyed, and I care! [shouts] The Grinch: What is the deal? Helpful • 10 0 The Grinch: [Takes back his mask and barks at Cindy Lou] Give me that! Don't you know you're not suppose to take things that don't belong to you? What's the matter with you, you some kind of wild animal? Huh? Helpful • 10 0 Narrator: Then he slunk to the icebox. [the Grinch hugs the fridge into place] The Grinch: Slunk? [opens up the fridge] The Grinch: Eee. Narrator: He eyed the Whos' feast. He took the Who-Pudding. [the Grinch throws a plate of Who pudding away] Narrator: He took... the Roast Beast. The Grinch: Hike! [tosses the Roast Beast in a football hike position] Narrator: [as the Grinch messes everything up the fridge] He cleaned out that icebox as quick as a flash. Why, that Grinch, he even took their last can of Who-Hash. [the Grinch opens up the cupboard to reveal a last can of Who-Hash inside in it just as Cindy opens her bedroom door] Narrator: Then he stuffed all the food up the chimney with glee. The Grinch: And now... Narrator: ...grinned the Grinch... The Grinch: [snatches the tree] ... I'll stuff up the tree. Helpful • 10 0 Lou Lou Who: I'm glad he took our presents. You can't hurt Christmas, Mr. Mayor, because it isn't about the... the gifts or the contest or the fancy lights. That's what Cindy's been trying to tell everyone... and me. I don't need anything more for Christmas than this right here: my family. Helpful • 15 1 Mayor Augustus Maywho: They nursed you. They clothed you. Here they are! Your old biddies! The Grinch: Are you two still living? Helpful • 14 1 Cindy Lou Who: [kisses the Grinch on the cheek] Your cheek's so... The Grinch: I know. Hairy. Cindy Lou Who: No. The Grinch: Greasy? Stinky? Do I have a zit? Cindy Lou Who: No. Warm. Helpful • 9 0 The Grinch: I am the Grinch that stole Christmas... and I'm sorry. [long silence] The Grinch: Aren't you going to cuff me? Put me in a choke hold? Blind me with pepper spray? Mayor Augustus Maywho: You heard him, Officer. He admitted it. I'd go with the pepper spray. Officer Wholihan: Yes, I heard him all right. He said he was sorry. Helpful • 13 1 Narrator: And the more the Grinch thought of what Christmas would bring, the more the Grinch thought... The Grinch: I must stop this whole thing! The Grinch: Why, for year after year I've put up with it now. I must stop this Christmas from coming... but how? I MEAN... in what way? Helpful • 8 0 [first lines] Narrator: Inside a snowflake like the one on your sleeve, there happened a story you must see to believe. Helpful • 8 0 The Grinch: [to the camera] Kids today. So desensitized by movies and televison. Helpful • 8 0 The Grinch: Those Whos are hard to frazzle, Max. But, we did our worst, and that's all that matters. Helpful • 11 1 [Cindy meets the Grinch for the first time] Cindy Lou Who: You're the... the... The Grinch: [mimicking Cindy] The... the... THE GRINCH! Helpful • 11 1 Cindy Lou Who: Thanks for saving me. The Grinch: [stops in his tracks] Saving you, is that what you think I was doing? Wrongo. I just noticed that you were improperly packaged, my dear. [grabs wrapping paper and starts wrapping Cindy up] The Grinch: Hold still. [to Max] The Grinch: Max, pick out a bow. [to Cindy] The Grinch: Can I use your finger for a sec? Helpful • 6 0 Lou Lou Who: Hello? Is my Subzero Chillibrator running? I suppose. The Grinch: Well then you better go catch it. Helpful • 5 0 Clerk: For the next 5 minutes only, 99% off! Helpful • 5 0 Lou Lou Who: Let's see, we've got a munkle for your uncle, a fant for your aunt and a fandpa for your Cousin Leon. Helpful • 7 1 [last lines] Narrator: So he brought back the toys and the food for the feast. And he, he himself, the Grinch, carved the roast beast. The Grinch: There's nothin' like the holidays. Who wants the gizzard? Drew Lou Who: I do. The Grinch: Too late. That'll be mine. Helpful • 7 1 The Grinch: [singing] Be it ever so heinous, there's no place like home. Helpful • 7 1 The Grinch: [his plan to ruin Christmas for the Whos] The crescendo of my odious opus. Helpful • 4 0 The Grinch: Holiday who-be what-ee? Helpful • 4 0 8-Year-Old Augustus Maywho: You don't have a chance with her. You're eight years old and you have a BEARD! Helpful • 6 1 The Grinch: Well, pucker up and kiss it, Whoville. [puts mistletoe up to his butt and makes a taunting noise as he shakes it around] 40 Funny Grinch Quotes That'll Have You Watching the Movies Everyday Til Christmas "I am the Grinch that stole Christmas, and I'm... sorry." BY JASMINE GOMEZ AND JASMINE WASHINGTONUPDATED: DEC 21, 2022 Human, Fictional character, Chewbacca, Organism, Scene, Cg artwork, Musical, Mythology, Illustration, Space, UNIVERSAL PICTURES Is the holiday season ever complete without a festive movie marathon? When you're ready to binge iconic Christmas flicks, The Grinch always tops the list as a must-watch. He's a mean one, but the Grinch found a way to turn his hatred of the holiday season around. He went from intentionally trying to ruin the neighboring town of Whoville's Christmastime cheer to actually enjoying the holiday. The Grinch is filled with classic songs and hilarious quotes that you'll have you using them as captions for your next Instagram holiday selfie. If you're not in the holiday spirit this year, The Grinch also has witty quotes to let the world know the vibes. No matter if you're looking for fun one-liners for game night trivia with your besties or you're looking for your next holiday-themed caption, check out this list of funny quotes from The Grinch. Cute "What’s Santa have that I don’t?" "Now you listen to me, young lady! Even if we’re horribly mangled, there’ll be no sad faces on Christmas." "I tell you Max, I don't know why I ever leave this place. I've got all the company I need right here." "It came without ribbons, it came without tags. It came without packages, boxes, or bags." "Maybe Christmas doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more." "Be it ever so heinous, there's no place like home." "Blast this Christmas music. It’s joyful and triumphant." "Are you having a holly, jolly Christmas?" "No one should be alone on Christmas." "I'm all toasty inside." “I don’t need anything more for Christmas than this right here. My family.” "No matter how different a Who may appear, he will always be welcome with holiday cheer." "Christmas Day will always be just as long as we have we." “You can’t hurt Christmas, Mr. Mayor because it isn’t about the gifts or the contests or the fancy lights. Funny "4:00, wallow in self-pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one; 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me—I can’t cancel that again; 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing… I’m booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness." Advertisement - Continue Reading Below preview for 12 Festive Christmas Activities 12 Festive Christmas Activities by The Pioneer Woman CLICK TO UNMUTE Previous Video Pause Next Video Unmute Current Time 0:07 / Duration 1:44 Captions Play in full-screen "Somebody's fabulous!" "That is not a chew toy!" "Holiday who-be what-ee?" "That's what it's all about, isn't it? That's what it's always been *about*. Gifts, gifts... gifts, gifts, gifts, gifts, gifts!" "Help me...I'm feeling." "Am I just eating because I'm bored?" "Oh, the Who-manity." "Cute kid, bad judge of character." "One man's toxic waste is another man's potpurri." "It's because I'm green, isn't it?" "6:30 dinner with me. I can't cancel that again." "Cheer up, dude. It's Christmas." "Even if I wanted to go, my schedule wouldn't allow it." Grinch-like "Look, I don’t wanna make waves, but this whole Christmas season is...." "The, the, the... THE GRINCH!" "And they’ll feast, feast, feast, feast. They’ll eat their Who-Pudding and rare Who-Roast Beast. But that’s something I just cannot stand in the least. Oh, no. I’M SPEAKING IN RHYME!" "Saving you? Is that what you think I was doing? Wrong-o. I merely noticed that you’re improperly packaged, my dear." "Give me that! Don't you know you're not supposed to take things that don't belong to you? What's the matter with you, you some kind of wild animal? Huh?" "Stupid. Ugly. Out of date. If I can't find something nice to wear I'm not going." "What's that stench? It's fantastic." "I am the Grinch that stole Christmas, and I'm... sorry." "Oh. Bleeding hearts of the world unite." "Hate, hate, hate, Hate, hate, hate. Double hate. Loathe entirely." "I guess I could use a little social interaction." "Kids today. So desensitized by movies and television." "The three words that best describe you are as follows, and I quote: Stink, stank, stunk! Grinch: Play, monkey! Play! Play, play, play, playǃ OWWIEE!! Cindy Lou: Mr. Grinch! Mr. Grinch? Hello? Cindy Lou: Excuse me? Grinch: Hmm? Hello... little girl. How dare you enter the Grinch's Lair?! The impudence! The audacity! The unmitigated gall! You've called down the thunder. Now, get ready FOR THE BOOOOOOM! Gaze into the face of fear. BOOGA-BOOGA! Cindy Lou: Mr. Grinch, my name is Cindy Lou Who. Grinch: You see? Even now the terror is welling up inside you. Cindy Lou: I'm not scared. Grinch: Denial is to be expected in the face of pure evil. Cindy Lou: I don't think so! Grinch: Doubt?! Another unmistakable sign... ...of the heebie-jeebies! Now, you're DOOMED! Run for your life before I... kill again! I'm a psycho! Danger! Danger! Cindy Lou: Um, maybe you need a time-out. Grinch: Kids today. So desensitized by movies and television. WHAT DO YA WANT?!

Good movie

My favourite Christmas movie, definitely would recommend to parents, if your kids like jokes or sarcastic cocky characters. Although there is a few sexual references and mildly disturbing scenes. But people are overreacting about them

pretty good but...

This version of the grinch funny and fun. There are a few kinda inappropriate scenes, so parents might want to watch it before (swearing, drinking and the grinch gets his face stuck in Martha mays boobs).

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

So funny! Not too much violence, but some may be afraid of "The Grinch"!

Decent movie, some flashing lights and crude humour can mean its not 100% for kids. A bit of innuendo that will go over kids heads. However it does say bitchin' at one point.

Too sexual!! Not on my Christmas watchlist!!

Kind of weird, totally not a Jim Carrey type movie. The grinch looks very strange and the CGI is pretty bad. Some adult humor that will go over you get viewers' heads (when a Who family has a child the father goes "he looks like your boss.). There is some sexual innuendo that should not have been in this movie. The grinch gets stuck between a womans breasts!!! Horrifying!!!! The language (hell and b!tchin) does not at all belong in a kids movie. Overall this movie is not on my Christmas movie watch list. I don't understand the hype over this movie; it's not worth watching in my opinion.