All teen and kid member reviews for Howl's Moving Castle

Kid, 12 years old Written bymia10 May 28, 2011

howls moving castle

i think that this movie is very good and i love to watch this!

Teen, 14 years old Written bymathgirlie June 13, 2011

One of my favorite Miyazaki films of all time!

This movie is NOT based on the book by Diana Wynne Jones, just to get that out of the way. While I'm usually a little wary of movies that don't follow the book, Miyazaki pulls it off, creating something that (dare I say it?) is better than the book itself. A classic Miyazaki film, portraying love at its sweetest and most innocent, blossoming between two unlikely people: a vain and seemingly childish wizard (but don't judge a book by its cover!)and a girl with a curse placed on her that has turned her into an old woman. I highly recommend this movie for anyone, although you might want to preview it for children under the age of 7 - while Howl hates the idea of war and does everything he can to avoid fighting, the aerial battles and bombs exploding on towns might frighten the very young.

Kid, 10 years old Written bybonso July 3, 2010

brilliant

its a amazing movie from the king of animation but kind of freaky for little kids

Kid, 10 years old Written byStrict_judger July 1, 2010

Good or bad?

Its a really nice movie! i saw it on cartoon network myself! He has a really good plot. Come see it now!

Teen, 14 years old Written bycasnip May 13, 2011

I have been watching Miyazaki movies since I was little, and they all have a positive message, and good role models.

Teen, 15 years old Written byExoves March 5, 2010

An all-round masterpiece

Fantastic. Masterpiece. Some of the best stuff there is. It is nothing like the book. I reccomend it for everyone, well maybe not a one year old. But you get the picture. The role models are terrific,*laughs* (thinks of Howl). Must see. Oh, Hayao Miyazaki is a genius. I'd say everyone should see it sometime in their lives, but thats just me.

Kid, 11 years old Written bymanga123 April 17, 2011

random up to you but i think 10+ cause they might not understand because they dont know much and well... thats it!

what ever don't care anyways.
it sounds boring so i recommend it is boring to me that is but i suggest that ppl shouldn't take this as an example its good to do new things but for my opinion watch new things! LOL :)

Teen, 15 years old Written byangelabovedemonbelow March 4, 2011

Good for older people

I saw this a long time ago, and it bored me because I couldn't understand it to save my life. I just recently watched it (recently being last night) and realized this is an amazing movie with good messages and good animation. I don't see why some say it's somewhat creepy, but I am older. It a great movie and a must to see.

Kid, 12 years old Written byxOAnim3Fr3akOx December 23, 2010

beautiful art, nice characters. 10 stars ;)

I watched this when I was 8, and and zoned through the WHOLE film. (what can i say?...) I watched it again when i was 10, and for the whooolllleee moving stuck my face to the screen. Very entertaining, slightly bittersweet. I recommend this for a family movie night, or just a friday night flick. :D very nice! <3 it

Teen, 13 years old Written bypoe-ette November 26, 2011

To people with little kids:

There are some disturbing scenes. Howl in beast form is scary! The blob-men are scary! To me, the little dancing star peeps are creepy! The witch climbing up the stairs gives my 18 year old sister nightmares! don't get me wrong! this movie is AWESOME

Kid, 11 years old Written bydancing girl December 22, 2010

It was boring to me....

Teen, 13 years old Written bymusic4life92 October 13, 2010

Teen, 15 years old Written byWiseGirl June 20, 2009

Yet another awesome miyazaki movie

It's a GREAT movie. It's kind of weird, but that's what makes it so awesome. A little bit of romance at the and, but for most of the movie, Sophie's an old lady, soooo... yea. Howl is kinda cute... ^-^ Btw, the book is good, too. Miyazaki is a genius.

Teen, 13 years old Written byITickleOstriches February 18, 2012

OMG

LOL! Mildly scary blob-men...

Teen, 15 years old Written byaplayerlykme April 9, 2008

Kid, 12 years old Written bygwenten February 20, 2012

teen,15 year old

its cool but too much violence

Teen, 13 years old Written bycrazy4books June 7, 2012

Whimsical Anime Story of Bravery and Kindness

This movie was a sweet and whimsical anime story bravery and kindness. In the movie Sophie teaches Howl to be generous and not cowardly. But this movie has some war scenes and creepy blob men. All in all, though, it was a cute story that I enjoyed.

Kid, 11 years old Written byRec0il July 20, 2012

One of the best animations out there.

It is one of my favorite movies by Miyazaki and I really enjoy watching it with friends and family. Very touching story and it reminds me of the Chronicles of Christomanci. It's a really great film. :)

Teen, 16 years old Written bybaya djoudi February 15, 2010

fantastic fantasy film !:)

a perfect fantasy movie great for escaping the mundane and dullness of everyday life , inspires and plants creativity within young minds , also has a beautiful moral about beauty and heart , i loved the story line and forget myself during the film . 10/10:)

Teen, 14 years old Written bySilentAngel February 9, 2009

Excellent!

One of my favorite animes created by the famous Hayao Miyazaki(Studio Ghibli). His movies will always amaze me & not once have they disappointed me. Filled with magic and love. A triumphant!
I have seen all his movie and is awaiting eagerly for his next movie, "Ponyo by the Cliff by the Sea."

CHARACTER DESIGN: 8.5 out of 10