All member reviews for Ice Age: Continental Drift

Prehistoric pals hit the seas for an exciting adventure.

Parent Written byNZmamoose July 13, 2012

Positive message but SCARY!

I took my 5 1/2 yr old girl to it and we both enjoyed it. However I wish I'd waited another year or so (I think 7 yrs up would be best). I know she wouldn't have got the positive messages in the movie at her age and think this was the most scary Ice Age out of the lot. She's become scared of monsters since seeing it (the sirens bit was very scary for littlies as they wouldn't grasp what was happening and why their loved ones changed in to monstrous sharp toothed fish trying to eat them). My child is a sensitive soul though, some more sophisticated kids would be OK at 6 yrs. Be ready for younger kids picking up the "name calling" words/ phrases and repeating them with delight. Lots of funny bits for the adults.

Adult Written byTrami Nguyen July 13, 2012

Ice Age 4 is perfect!

I like this movie!

Teen, 16 years old Written byOGORMAN July 16, 2012

The best of the best out of all the Ice Age movies! :)

Ice Age: Continental Drift is the perfect family movie for ALL ages. When I went to it in theaters with my family my sister (12) and I were easily the oldest children/teens there, but we laughed twice as hard as anyone else, as did my parents. The humor was easy for young children to understand while still being funny for older kids and adults as well. As in every other Ice Age movie, Manny, Diego, and Sid get separated from the herd yet again in their latest escapade, only this time Sid's Grandma (Wanda Sykes) has managed to tag along. :) Grandma is easily the funniest character in the whole film! Every word out of her mouth will have audiences rolling with laughter. The only thing that would scare kids would most likely be Captain Gutt, as he tells a story of how he got his name and also the characteristics he carries (he is a very ruthless and uncaring captain). This is a kids movie so there is no horrible sexual content other than a little sweet flirting between Diego and Shira, as well as when the group encounters Sirens (they transform into the person/thing you love most in order to lure you to them, and who appears for who is quite hilarious). Peaches (Keke Palmer) and her friend Louis (Josh Gad) are great friends, and then Peaches develops a crush on cool mammoth Ethan (Drake, yeah the rapper) which threatens to crush her friendship with Louis. But fear not, everything turns out all right in the end! With an All-Star cast featuring (aside from the regulars): Peter Dinklage, Jennifer Lopez, Nicki Minaj, Heather Morris, Kunal Nayyar, Josh Peck, Sean William Scott, and many others... This movie is a surefire hit!

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieBro July 13, 2012

Some Scary Stuff, Simpson short in 3-D Might make kids sad.

The Simpsons short at the beginning of The 3-D Ice Age 4 might upset kids because a baby smashes butterflies, then kills the one Maggie likes (Spoiler Alert: It is just Maggie's bow)

Ice Age 4
Great movie!! But some scenes might scare 6 and under

Kid, 9 years old July 16, 2012

BEST ICE AGE YET!!!

I GOT SOME COOL RARE 3D GLASSES AT THE MOVIES! ALL THE BATTLE MADE ME COME UP WITH A COOL PLATFORMER! HERE ARE THE BOSSES: 1.GIANT CRAB 2. GUTT, SHIRA, FLIP AND SQUINT 3. THE SAME BOSSES FROM LEVEL 2 4. SHIRA (YOU HAVE TO DEFEAT HER WITH DIEGO)5. SAME BOSSES FROM LEVEL 2 AND 3. 6. SHAPE SHIFTING FISH. 7. SAME BOSSES FROM LEVEL 2, 3 AND 5. FINAL BOSS: CAPTAIN GUTT (YOU HAVE TO DEFEAT HIM WITH MANNY)

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus July 14, 2012

Good, but could be better.

This movie isn't as good as the other "Ice Age" movies. I thought it was kind of childish as far as the humor goes. It's more for kids than teens and adults. It's not really anything new (typical "Ice Age' movie). Lots of new characters, though. Overall, I guess it's worth going to, but don't expect anything great. I'd give it three and a half stars out of five.

Parent Written byALM123 July 18, 2012

okay for some 4 year olds

I took my 4 year old daughter, and she enjoyed the movie. Some of the dialouge is a bit above a 4 year old's understanding, and some children might find the images of the sirens a bit disturbing, but no scarier than most Disney villians, which are often seen in G rated movies. The movie was not great for adults, but the children in the theater seemed to enjoy it.

Parent Written byteddybear88 July 18, 2012

Fit for all ages

I liked this movie a lot and i recommend this for all ages, but it was a bit predictable and the little ones might not understand the whole having a "crush" thing.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySecretMeVladimir July 16, 2012

ICE AGE 4EVER

This movie is one of the best

Parent Written byBabyZouk July 14, 2012

Awesome Movie!

I saw this movie before it went into theaters! It was great!

Kid, 12 years old Written byHalf&Half July 22, 2012

Ice Age: Continental Drift

This was good, but not as good as the previous three. I think that the company made a sequel just to make a sequel. There are some battle scenes along with the dark character of Captain Gutt. There is an obvious love interest between Diego and Shira. Overall this was cute and somewhat funny, but not great. (Be warned, the 3D is not very good)

Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byFilmFather July 31, 2012

The cinematic equivalent of Chinese food

If Pixar classics such as Finding Nemo and The Incredibles are gourmet meals, then Ice Age: Continental Drift is Chinese food: It doesn’t stay with you, and an hour later you’ll be hungry for something more substantial. ***** With all the effort the filmmakers put into the action scenes and stunning visuals, they should have devoted more to character development. Ironically, that devotion would be a major undertaking, for by continuously adding new characters with each film in the franchise, it leaves directors Steve Martino and Mike Thurmeier with the unenviable task of finding a purpose for each character in what is now a cast of dozens. ***** This overpopulation is also a far cry from what made the original Ice Age’s core trio of Manny, Diego, and Sid fun to watch. Martino, Thurmeier, and Continental Drift’s trio of writers seem to agree, for the main plot sends Manny, Diego, and Sid (and Sid’s Granny) on their own adventure, relegating the rest of the cast to a B-story of trekking across the remaining landmass to reunite with our heroes. ***** <br><br> The dialogue and jokes in Ice Age: Continental Drift rarely rise above the level of sitcoms or Saturday morning cartoons, and laugh-out-loud moments are at a minimum. The only exceptions are the adorable, hyperactive hyraxes (who form an Ewok-like alliance with Manny, Diego, and Sid to help bring down Captain Gutt) and the ongoing hilarious antics of Scrat the squirrel and his never-ending pursuit of his elusive acorn. Outside of that, the script largely serves to advance the plot to the finish line, peppered with mawkish Valuable Lessons and Very Special Moments about love, family, father/daughter relationships, and not forgetting your true friends. ***** Ice Age: Continental Drift is rated PG for mild rude humor and action/peril. MILD/RUDE HUMOR: Sadly, there is so much name-calling that it’s impossible to list them all here, but a sampling includes “freak,” “wiener,” “stupid,” “loser,” “idiot,” “tubby,” “cry baby,” and “pinhead.” In addition, Granny makes a couple of off-color quips, such as “I’ll bury y’all and dance on your grave” and “If they kiss, I’m gonna puke.” Also, Sid exclaims “Holy crab!” after seeing a giant crustacean, and a child animal asks Ellie, “When you drink through your nose, does it taste like boogers?” ACTION/PERIL: An extended sequence shows landmasses separating violently, causing animals to run and panic; some of the fights between Manny’s herd and Gutt’s pirates are pretty intense, with weapons in heavy use; Gutt makes verbal threats to various characters, and attempts to kill Ellie and Manny during the finale. ***** READ MY FULL REVIEW AT: filmfather [dot] blogspot [dot] com

Teen, 16 years old Written byGabywazhere July 30, 2012

Great movie for me and my family!

I think it was a GREAT movie for me and my kids to watch!(AGES:5,7,8-twins)4 in total! It was GREAT
!

Teen, 14 years old Written bymrbookworm01 July 22, 2012

Not the best, but still pretty good

I went to see this movie and it's pretty good. But I think it's the weakest movie in the Ice Age series. The humor's a bit stale, the plot's not very interesting, and the main characters have lost some of their charm from the other movies. But the movie does have some good humor and the new character Granny is hilarious. OK for kids 6+. Educational: The movie might spark an interest in prehistoric animals in some kids. Violence: The same slapstick violence as in the previous movies. Some mild peril and some creepy villians, but nobody gets hurt. Sex: Some mild flirting between characters and one mildly suggestive message. Consumerism: Part of the Ice Age series and has lots of merchandise for sale, including a video game.

Parent Written bywood12piper August 17, 2012

Questionable for little ones

Looking for something to do on vacation, I gave in and took my 4 1/2 yr old to see this movie. She seemed to enjoy it but had some questions about the earth movement scenes. Scared her a bit but she wasn't adversely affected that I can tell. There were some nice positive messages regarding friendship and family, and there was some humor in the movie. The story, though, was told in typical hollywood kid movie fashion; violence, screaming, and constant near death situations. They worked very hard to make the villan super evil. Even so, the most uncomfortable and dissapointing part of the movie was the numerous use of the word "kill," had to be at least 20 times in some variation. I'll never understand why this is acceptable. Are the writers these days just lazy and unimaginative?

Parent Written byBig chris December 13, 2012

question

i have a question was this movie meant to entertain kids because my siblings bored stiff and we had to leave the theater mid way feeling like i had waisted their time and mine and my money did anyone eles feel this way? i liked the movie but it just didnt hold their entrest so i think ts a pass on this one ps they loved the other ice age movies

Kid, 12 years old Written bytvzillia July 29, 2012

FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY!!!!!!

The BEST ICE AGE MOVIE YET!!!!!!! IT'S HIALARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byBooks rule July 25, 2012

Love it!!!!!

This movie was so cute. There is some scary stuff, but too much. This is my favorite out of the four. Its so funny. I especially love Sid's granny!

Parent of a 10 year old Written byken_y July 19, 2012

Light entertainment.

Light entertainment. A bit violent, very silly. Cartoon geology may scare younger kids.

Kid, 11 years old Written bydixxypixxy August 13, 2012

Funny! Great for adults and children! fun for the whole family!

This film is really funny for adults and for children. I saw this film with my sister and my mum. this is a great family film! This is probably one of the best Ice ages that I have ever seen.