Parent and Kid Reviews on

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Poster Image: Indy in the foreground, with his father behind him
Our Review

Based on 108 kid reviews

Sort by:

Good

This is the third installment of the iconic Indiana Jones series by Steven Spielberg. My thoughts? Here they are: let's start with casting. When I found out that Sean Connery was in this, I decided I had to watch it. River Phoenix appears in the opening scene of the film, and much as I like him, I was glad to see Harrison Ford nice and early on in the film. It also has Julian glover as the main antagonist of the film who also played the main villain in for your eyes only which is one of my favourites in the bond series. Secondly, comparisons. If you have seen the previous Indiana jones films, this may be ever so slightly disappointing 😒. But luckily for me, this was the first one I saw and I loved it. It may not be as exiting as temple of doom or as mystical as raiders of the lost ark but was still a rollercoaster of fun for me. Finally, the conclusion. It had some balls to the wall action sequences in it (and a controversial appearance of Hitler) and some good acting, and a return of an iconic character, the guy who I can never remember the name of from raiders of the lost ark. This last section of the review is the common sense media tradition, the parents part as I like to call it. Violence is not as bad as the predecessors apart from the last part which contains someone ageing rapidly (turning from about 50 to 1300 in about 10 seconds) and yes, that's right, he shrivels up into a skeleton at the end of the scene. The profanity gets about as bad as b*stard, maybe the odd sh*t here and there but nothing a nine or ten year old hasn't heard before. Not much sex or nudity at all as this is a Steven Spielberg movie and he couldn't give two flying ferrets about sex. Overall, I would recommend it to a film fan and a mature 9 year old or a 12 year old could watch it. Thank you for reading my review!
2 people found this helpful.

The best of the original trilogy has great messages and showmanship

Indiana Jones, famed adventurer and archaeologist acquires a diary that holds clues and a map with no names to find the mysterious Holy Grail, which was sent from his father, Dr. Henry Jones, in Italy. Upon hearing from a private collector, Walter Donovan, that the mission for the Holy Grail went astray with the disappearance of his father, Indiana Jones and museum curator Marcus Brody venture to Italy in search of Indy's father. However, upon retrieving Dr. Henry Jones in Nazi territory, the rescue mission turns into a race to find the Holy Grail before the Nazis do, who plan to use it for complete world domination for their super-race. With the diary as a vital key and the map with no names as a guide, Indiana Jones once again finds himself in another death-defying adventure of pure excitement.

1 person found this helpful.

Thrilling third Indy actioner focuses on hunting for the grail.

1 person found this helpful.

Pretty cool! Defos worth a watch but scarred me for life.

This film is VERY GOOD! That's mainly what I have to say but the things that save it from being the best...the fact that it's kinda slow at some points and the action can drag sometimes...APART FROM THE TANK FIGHT THAT CRAP SLAYED ITS SO ICONIC!!! Oh and the last thing...THE DUDE THAT DRANK THE GOOFY AHH BLOOD AND LIKE DIED BUT LIKE DIED LIKE DIED VERY LIKE EWWWWWWWW!!! HE LIKE SHRIVELED UP INTO A SKELETON NAH FAM NAH THAT IMAGE IN MY HEAD OF HIS ROTTING FACE I CAN'T 😭😭🤮🤮 I will forever be scarred by that. Far scarier than the face melt scene tbh. Also the Hitler scene was funny

BEST INDIANA JONES MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Indiana Jones movie for younger audiences!

Compared to some of the other movies in Indiana Jones this one certainly is the least disturbing. Also this movie shows bits of Indie's childhood that lets the audience understand him better.

Strong innuendo in historically-based action flick. 14+ only.

Probably best Indie movie there is tbh

Best of all the Indy films

This is in my opinion the best of all the Indy blockbusters with its fun action, great plot, lots of betrayals and exciting fight scenes in classic Indy style. It is the least violent of all the movies yet still has a fair amount of blood and brutality. It has lots of fist fighting, explosions and deaths as in all the other movies. There are also shootings, stabbings, every now and then use of a whip, Indy falls into a pit of snakes and a lion cage, a German fighter plane crashes, a tank falls off a cliff, very brief but realistic blood when that happens, a man’s head gets chopped off, (you see the head rolling away but is again very quick) and a man on a motorbike getting blown into the air. Despite all the violence it is really fun to watch with nonstop action and an excellent performance from Sean Connery as Indy’s father. I would give this movie 4/5 stars and rate it 9+