Parent reviews for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Poster Image

This one is more intense then the first one it still has lots of violence violence 6%10 gun fights hand to hand combat swords someone is tortured in the temple and his heart is ripped out but the camera films far away people eat monkey brains chases people fall of a bridge and are eating by crocodiles there is some language but I can’t remember I think one or two uses of s—t one use of barst—- d and probably damn my rating pg 13 violence some language and some scary scenes
1 person found this helpful.

Indiana Jones and The Temple Of Doom Movie Review By Logan Strohl

It may be the darkest of the Indiana Jones films but it is really great and a whole lot of fun. Steven Spielberg delivers a another fun addition to the Indiana Jones film series. Kate Capshaw is a problem at times but even she can be forgiven for her role in the film. Also look out for the fun cameos in the film you will not be disappointed.

Not worth it

Not worth watching. This movie has aged badly and is nowhere near as good and entertaining as the other two titles in the Indiana Jones trilogy. It is full of clichés and stereotypes (representation of women, East Asian cultures), has a really weak and superficial storyline, is full of scenes that are plain gross and unpleasant, too dark, and/or too violent. The film also has extremely dated visual effects and set designs, and with the exception of a couple scenes, it is quite boring.

Full of tired stereotypes

I would skip this movie, not because it’s too scary, but because it’s not a great film and is full of stereotypes about both East Asians and South Asians. And not just the odd, dated reference, but scene after scene of East Indians portrayed as blood-thirsty savages.
I honestly think this is a really great movie, although it has A LOT of violence. There's a part where a man gets crushed, hearts getting ripped out, dead people, man gets stabbed and shooting. I think it's best for kids to watch it at the age of 12.

Horrible scenes

Human sacrifice, children stealing and slavery in the mines. I would not watch this movie as an entertaining family film. Too much real horror in this. Google the world's dark side, and think about it. You can start with "real women real stories" for example?

It’s... ok

So my family loves the Indiana Jones series but this one is my least favourite in the series because in the movie a mans heart is ripped out in a ritual and then sacrificed to a false god also in the movie there is voodoo they make a voodoo doll of Jones and stab with a knife and lit it on fire and if your not concerned about that the movie is fine there is violence but you’d except that a few sex references but not to bad and great characters my kids loved short round and Jones and a little bit of language like bastard

PG-13, most gruesome of series.

Some fabulous scenes, but also lots of gore. My least favorite of the series.

Least Compelling of the Trilogy

Yes, it's a trilogy: don't count the newer Crystal Skull. This one falls short in terms of pacing, dark demeanor, and undeveloped female character as well as the troubling them of child slavery. Avoid unless your child is much older and a huge Indiana Jones fan. Short Round (Jonathan Ke Quan) is the sole bright spot.