All member reviews for Insidious: Chapter 2

Horror sequel brings more of the same creepy scares.

Teen, 17 years old Written bySean Broucek September 13, 2013

Better, and still very well-acted and scary

Parents, even though your teen horror fans may be super eager to watch this second chapter to the acclaimed "Insidious", but even though this movie is rated PG-13, it isn't meant for anyone under the age of 14, due to very effective scares and strong thematic elements, not to mention some harsh language. Violence is much higher in this movie then the last one, including a dad beating up his wife and children, a man getting stunned with a taser, a mother abuses her child, and several mutilated and rotting bodies are shown, but it is mostly the shocking scares that pushes the envelope. Sex includes some brief kissing between the married main characters. Language is infrequent, but still has uses of "b-tch", "s--t", and one use of "f--k", though very hard to hear, due to loud noises in the background. In the end, the bottom line to this movie is that it is better than the original, and a very good, well-made, well-acted horror film. SUGGESTED MPAA RATING:
Rated PG-13 For Some Violent Content Including Child Abuse, Intense/Frightening Sequences, And For Some Disturbing Images

Teen, 14 years old Written byI am cookie monster September 15, 2013

Very fun and interesting movie!

First of all, I just wanna let everyone know that this is coming from someone who doesn't really get scared by movies. Insidious chapter 2 is a very fun and heart pounding movie that I reccommend to anyone 13 and up. I also reccommend that you bring a group of friends with you because, obviously, the more the merrier! It also has a surprisingly good and interesting (and slightly confusing) storyline. And as far as scary goes... I think if you're easily scared you should at least give this movie a try with some friends because it really is a blast.

Kid, 11 years old September 14, 2013

Insidous Chapter 2

Kid, 12 years old September 15, 2013

Scary with a thrill

This movie amazed my expectations!! I've never seen a movie so scary. I only wrote this 15&up because its was so creepy this movie was awesome

Parent Written byDan G. September 15, 2013

Just another haunted house movie

It is very violent and there is some crude language profanity.

Kid, 10 years old September 14, 2013

ONE OF THE SCARIEST FILMS OF THE DECADE

A brilliant sequel to Insidious, Insidious Chapter 2 is much better. While the first Insidious was hardly scary at all. Chapter 2 is absolutely terrifying, hugely disturbing and definitely not for kids. Patrick Wilson gives a great and scary performance, even though it's very similar to The Shining. Chapter 2 is a brilliant and terrifying masterpiece.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKyle1414 September 18, 2013

HORRIFYING MOVIE!

Alright, so first let's just say this: I honestly do not find the first Insidious scary. I find it more creepy and erie than scary. I do enjoy the first installment, but Insidious: Chapter 2....is just....oh my god...it is HORRIFYING! There were so many jump scares, terrifying images...AHH! And I love horror movies so much, so I generally don't get too scared but Insidious 2 is MOST DEFINITELY the MOST HORRIFYING movie I have EVER seen! My Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 For Thematic Elements, Intense Sequences of Violence And Terror, Startling Moments, And Language. Parents, be careful!!! This movie was released in theaters September 13th. Comes to DVD on December 24th!

Parent of a 6 year old Written byChristianMother101 September 18, 2013

Excellent!

I'll admit, I was wary when I went to watch this movie with my six-year-old, however, roughly 46 minutes into the movie, i looked over at my daughter and found that she was completely delighted with the charming effects and strong family-oriented storyline. This movie contained positive family values and excellent computer graphics.

Teen, 14 years old Written byijarritos September 25, 2013

One of the best horror movies I've seen

I typically don't go to see horror movies, but this one I was dragged along to. Insidious Ch. 2 has a great plot and story. This isn't the typical horror movie with brain-dead characters. Go to see it!

Kid, 11 years old September 18, 2013

Appropriate, but scary.

In my opinion, this movie was better than "Insidious". Coming from a person that doesn't get scared by movies that much, this one made me jump out of my seat several times throughout the movie. I think this film is totally appropriate, just scary.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJust believe me January 2, 2014

The truth on insidious chapter 2!

So I saw this in theaters with my friends and after seeing the first this was just as good probably better. It was VERY interesting. It had it frequent moments of jump scares, but nothing extreme. There is language here and there but not anything major. I said that this is pause for 12 but any kid could see this from 10+. If the kid isn't too scared of pop ups then it's defiantly a go for an interesting thriller with a few chills but nothing for night terrors after a week.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 September 22, 2013

Great movie.

I love this horror movie maker because he shows that you don't need violence and sex to make a horror movie. I mean all it is, is mainly creepy. The worst thing of violence is some implied killings and a girl slapping people. No real language maybe a few S words at the most. Nothing sexual at all, and when I say nothing I mean nothing. This one was great, and actual brought a little bit of humor into this series. 9 and up if not scared easy.

Teen, 13 years old Written bydoubleE September 30, 2013

It's a blast!

Ok I was terrified to see this and there was a reason I was... It is SO scary! I went with a group of friends and we screamed and laughed the entire movie. There are so many jump scenes, I can't even count but it stays aways from sex, drugs and language. Absolutely not my favorite movie but it was still really good.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMoviegoer14 November 9, 2013

Moviegoer14: Insidious Chapter 2

Insidious Chapter 2 is a solid follow up to it's predecessor the 2010 low budget but highly successful film, Insidious. It might be not as good as the first one, but it was up to the creep level and style of the first, with low budget considered to other horror movies, James Wan shows us what he can do with such budget, he knows where to spend money, considering that he spent a little bit more on this film.

Parent Written byTheTrillionaire December 24, 2013

Not for children Under 13. Under 13 needs adult supervisors 13 & over.

Teen, 15 years old Written byone direction March 23, 2014

This was way better than the first one

I don't really watch horror movies but I watched this one and I really liked it and I will probably watch horror movies now thanks to this movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written bycj98 February 23, 2014

Scary

It could definitely be scary to a lot of people, especially those under 14.

Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2014

Meeh...

Scary, but not as scary as the first movie... More violent, though... Less swearing, no sex/nudity.... Okay for 13+ (Or mature tweens)

Only one consumerism: A character seen with an apple laptop, that's all.

Two strong violence scenes.... Not that bad for PG-13.

Terror/Intense: Very intense.

Language: One use of b!tch, that's all, unless you count 'God' and all that as swears....

Teen, 13 years old Written byIan_hga116 January 31, 2014

Oh boy!

This movie isn't as scary as the first, but way creepier. If you have a kid 12 or under skip the part where the talk about the demon in black veils origins. It is very disturbing, a woman is tied up and gags as the demon laughs like the joker then grabs a knife. That seen will DEFINITELY deliver nightmares to any one

Kid, 10 years old January 30, 2014

Way better than the first one

I think this movie was pretty scary, but it was still good. This one was less profane but was more scary. It was great, and j loved it.