Parent reviews for Insidious

Insidious Poster Image

Good horror movie

This movie is very scary I watched the trailer and wasn’t expecting it. It’s not so violent so if you think your child can handle it sure. It’s super fun.

So scary

When I first saw a preview for this movie, I knew it looked like it had potential. It had been a while since I saw a decent scary movie so I was looking forward to it. I went into it expecting some scares but nothing too bad. Wrong. This movie scared me out of my wits. I don't think I have ever jumped more during any other scary movie. The audience was spooked too. I saw many other people jumping out of their seats and even heard a few actual screams. What I loved about this movie was that it actually tries to scare you, not gross you out. The images are frightening for sure. Insidious doesn't waste any time trying to creep you out. The scares already start with the opening credits. I sure was not expecting this to be one of the scariest movies i've seen but it lives up to that. That being said, I don't think I'd have the guts to see it again!

Awesome movie but pretty scary.

Insidious is an awesome horror movie. It is scary though. There are jump scares throughout the film and loud noises. The music can get pretty creepy and you have that intense feeling throughout the movie. Over all awesome movie. Definitely recommend for horror fans. There is no inappropriate acts and only mild cursing. Awesome movie, highly recommend!

Not that scary slightly creepy

There is a bit of bad language not the worst though sh*t ,b*tch and one use of wh*re

Not to scary

I was 10 when I watched this movie. It was pretty good compared to most. I think it is not as scary as people say it is. Violence: 3/10 language: 4/10 Sex: 0/10 Drugs:0/10 12+

It's okay but judge by your own child

Some parts of it are scary. The main antagonist is not particularly frightening to look at. But it does set the environment quite well. There's not much violence and gore as it is focused on spirits, demons etc. Can't believe they made so many, but at the same time it leaves more story to be explored in the sequels. I can only hope the antagonists get scarier.