Parent and Kid Reviews on

Iron Man 3 Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 47 parent reviews

Sort by:

Very different to the first two

CSM says all three Iron Man movies are 13+. I disagree, and I worry that parents will discount important differences between the movies because they all get the same rating. I don’t care about ‘language’ (I’m British so ‘profanity’ is my mother tongue) or mild sexual references that my 7yo will just ignore. I also don’t mind comic book violence, though it does bore me after a while. I want to know: is it disturbing for younger kids? IM3 is different from the first two in three respects: 1. The violence is much more explicit: a man burns up from the inside while begging for help. A man is shot in the head (off-screen). The theme of terrorism is scary and hard for younger kids to understand. 2. The plot is clever (Ben Kingsley is superb as the ‘terrorist mastermind’), morally complex-and confusing. My 7yo was bored and disappointed. 3. The baddies look like humans, not robots, and their badness manifests as fire erupting through their skin and eyes. They sometimes explode completely. I covered my son’s eyes for a LOT of the movie, and I wish I hadn’t let him watch it with me. In any case, he hated it.

1 person found this helpful.

Good

Marvel Awesomeness 9/10

Such A Great Movie!

I walked into the cinema with my 5-year-old to watch this movie. And it was FANTASTIC!! Same violence as the first Avengers movie. And basically no sex. I think an 8-year-old could totally watch this movie!! We are now both huge Marvel Fans because of this movie!! It also teaches kids to help save the world. So does all of the rest of the avenger movies in the series.

I think MCU are rated PG-13 for a reason

Reading through these reviews it's apparent to me that people don't know what PG-13 means. Yes, this has swears and violence this is because it's for people ages 13 and above not for children. Also, I know people hated the twist, but I'm sorry I love the twist, and one of the best twists in the MCU. Also the One-Shot All Hail the King deals with the twist so go watch that if the twist bothered you.

not as good as the second

Lots of violence, swearing, and unnecessary explicit scenes. The plot was so confusing. My least favorite of the trilogy.

Dark

I watched this with my 10 and 12 year old's there is some skin shown also pepper is referred to as a trophy and mentions of sex as long as the child is mature it's fine however even my children who don't get easily scared by violence were scared by the dark nature of the movie we had to turn it off after a man was shown sobbing on the floor begging for his life also the use of weapons is much more prominent in this movie and the fun jokes have made a disappearance. to summarize: watch with caution and be prepared to turn off.

Scared my 10 year old and stopped him sleeping

My son is only a month away from being 11 and we have been working our way through the Marvel films. I’ve checked all reviews on here before and he’s enjoyed all the films and not been scared at all. After looking at the ratings and reviews of iron man I assumed it would be completely suitable for him and his maturity level. Unfortunately it scared the bejesus out of him. He said during the film it was too scary so I suggested stopping it but he didn’t want to, I wish I had. Afterwards, at bed time, he couldn’t stop thinking about the scary baddies and started crying in a quite petrified way. We had to get him to watch a comedy programme and let him sleep in our bed. This has never happened before.

Sort of Disappointing

The new suit was the first disappointment, then it all went downhill from there. The plot was eeehhhh and the action scenes were mediocre at best. However, it did a decent job at ending the trilogy. For kids, I would say keep it at 12+. There is a lot of medium tier language and plenty of mild sexual content. Overall, I'm on the fence for recommending it.

Honestly my favorite Iron Man

Honestly kind of scary for some and there is some language but nothing your mature kid's cant handle. Otherwise, there are some good messages...

Dark, entertaining threequel doesn’t have as much sexual content but more violence then first two

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for sequences of violence and action throughout, some drinking, and disturbing images