All member reviews for Jack Reacher

Serviceable but forgettable Cruise thriller is very violent.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez December 27, 2012

14 and up.

this thriller movie stars with tom cruise Jake reacher is a awesome worth watching but only older teens can handle this type of violent movie and parents you need to know that jake reacher has some intense violence some strong language used and some drinking and one drug shown such as paraphernalia.

Parent Written bydianab123 January 5, 2013

Should have been rated R

Yikes! Should have been rated R. Not much story line unless you like watching violent killing. From the trailer, I was expecting more of a Mission Impossible type movie. This is not even close!

Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 December 27, 2012

Mediocre Tom Cruise thriller has SOME cool scenes but otherwise dull

Teen, 13 years old Written byKatie v January 5, 2013

Okay for 12&13 year olds

I think this movie was really good it was sort of violent in parts but the hunger games were more violent there is some swearing but for a 12 & 13 year old they should be responsible enough

Parent Written bydheads December 27, 2012

Torture threats and deaths a mile a minute

I'm no prude but this movie is extremely violent (and tedious to boot) - my 12 year old was genuinely scared the entire time (e.g., threats of chewing off fingers and other torture). If this were an otherwise fabulous movie with a point this might be excusable, but don't waste your money (or your kid's brain).

Kid, 12 years old Written bymavsfan2 January 13, 2013

Cool action movie.

Jack Reacher is a boss action movie that is good to see with friends. It is too confusing for anyone under 10 probably. It is also pretty violent. It is about a sniper shooting five random people and an ex military cop getting to the bottom of the mystery. You can see the shooting, and there is also lots of other violent scenes where people are shot or beaten up. But there is no blood or gore. They also say words like f--k, s--t, p---y, pr--k, or b---h once or twice. Overall good movie but not for young kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byjtennisboy January 6, 2013

Jack Reacher

It was a great movie but before the movie I was told that it was going to be very intense. It ended up not being that intense. I wrote 11 and up but also for more mature 10 year olds

Teen, 13 years old Written bysavannah5677 January 2, 2013

Jack Reacher 13+

I thought this movie was very funny in a serious way. Like the characters weren't trying to be funny but acted funny if you know what i mean. The movie should be okay for ages 13+ but depends on what they can handle. The only part that bothered me was when Jack slowly broke the bad guy's wrist and arm. Another part that was hard was when another bad guy was told to bite his finger off to show loyalty and that he is willing to survive no matter what, though he did not do it. Sex was not a problem in this movie at all. There was a lot of violence and language, and one family was shown to have done drugs. In my opinion Jack Reacher was a very good movie but is not for kids under 12.

Teen, 16 years old Written byGamerevier December 25, 2012

More like An light rated R movie than a PG-13

Great movie violence 8/10 drugs/drinking/smoking 3/10 cussing 5/10 sex 3/10 good but a little to much violence for a PG-13 movie more like a light R movie it is also intense

Educator and Parent of a 10 year old Written byNick's Momma May 12, 2013

Not worth the time or the rental fee

This is by far one of the worst movies Tom Cruise has ever made. Every line out of his mouth sounds like it is trying to be a new signature phase. Became so bad that we started making fun of it about half way through.

Parent of an infant, 3, and 6 year old Written byGambleFam May 5, 2013

Good but, PG-13? Really??

Thought this was a good, but tad long, film. Had good action scenes, with a good story which made it even more intriguing to watch. I was glued to the screen. (Notes for parents, as I'm a father of three.) I think there is way to much killing and violence for young eyes. Some brutal killing with people being shot down to a young girl being murdered by a single punch. I'm very surprised that this cleared the PG-13 rating. Overall I actually like the movie. It shows that good does prevail and that if you do wrong and kill you will be tracked down and caught or in this case killed. Tom Cruise did a great job in his roll. I recommend this movie for ADULTS, good story.

Educator and Parent Written byjmak May 12, 2013

Should be Rated R

This movie should be rated R. When characters murder humans on screen, then it passes the PG-13 mark. Choosing to point a gun at someone's head while the person is seated, unarmed, and then pull the trigger is a "Rated-R" moment, as are all of the assassinations and other murders during the movie.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 January 20, 2013

Jack Reacher is passable

To tell you the truth I went into the movie expecting a seasoned blend of both action and mystery. Instead I got an okay mystery and some so-so action sequences. But I will say that the finale was very good, filled with fist-fights and gun battles. The ending I found a bit confusing and just seemed like it was trying to set up for a sequel. There are about 45 profanities including one (very sudden) f-word and 10 s-words some action sequences, and there was some drug content as well. It’s definitely worth watching, it’s just that I would wait until DVD or Blu-ray.

Kid, 8 years old July 13, 2013

JEALOUS!

My 8 and 11 year old friends saw it in december.THEY WERE 7 AND 11 WHEN THEY SAW IT.VERY JEALOUS!

Parent Written byjpschouest June 19, 2013

Entertaining but Violent

Teen, 16 years old Written byKearnic17 February 1, 2013

Above-average Tom Cruise movie

This movie isn't forgettable like the reviewer says it is. It has one of the most realistic car chase scenes I have ever seen and of course there is plenty of nice violence-but not gory violence. There is a relatively brief scene where a woman is wearing skimpy underwear but that's it for sexual content. There isn't even any kissing that I can think of. This is your above-average conspiracy thriller and I encourage you to at least consider watching it.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySamhit July 24, 2013

Jack

It should have been rated R for strong language and violence. There was also a bar scene. But overall a good movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymusicforver May 24, 2013

Awesome Movie

Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2013

Don't bother a bit

If anyone wants to see this, Watch it with the kids. Im talking to you parents. But if you 99% want to see it and 1% don't. Just don't watch it. It is BORING. Don't listen to Stupid critics. They are just trying to lure you into watching it. Don't watch it unless you are 100% sure guaranteed that you will like it. Its not even 1 bit violent. Its all talking.

Teen, 14 years old Written byThatGamingCat May 24, 2013

Great! but very violent.

Great movie, but very violent! Has fair bit of language. In the beginning it shows Reacher (Cruise) in a thong, so all parents with kids under 12, should not watch this movie due to the language and violence.