Kid reviews for James and the Giant Peach

James and the Giant Peach Poster Image

James and the Giant Trash

I've seen some kids/teens say it's one of the worst movies. Okay, I can respect that! Holly R says this movie is just creepy! She have seen this abomination of a stop motion flick several times throughout her life and even as an adult she get weird dreams for days after seeing just a minutes of it. What kind of dreams does she have? I have ever been a dream of going to the store to buy snacks or food. Which is one of my favorites. Also, I've been dreaming of buying bicycles but they are empty in real life. I wish I have one of my bicycles because I was a bit bored and my old one is gone because of melting and rustiness. The movie is just weird and creepy and she still have no idea what the plot is supposed to be because she get so distracted by the weirdness and ugliness of the movie. She wouldn't say that I have nightmares but it does give me dreams that are weird and the bugs that are in the peach with James look so ugly that it's scary. Why is his eyes so small? She knows that stop motion isn't known for cutesy characters and that even those old Christmas shows like Rudolph are weird. I thought this movie was cute. But this is in a whole different class of weirdness. It's ugly and that ugliness is distracting as well as leaving a lasting unsettling feeling in it's wake. Please don't show this to your kids. If they aren't scared they will still be wondering what the point of the movie was supposed to be. I've never watched this movie but it's trash! If you're germaphobic, don't watch this movie! I think her daughter will probably be scared of this movie. #HollyRneedstochill #HollyR'sdaughterneedstochill #Loranikas303VSHollyR

1 person found this helpful.

A Roald Dahl classic done justice

These reviews you see around you are by a bunch of snowflakes who can't take anything slightly scary. For me, this is a classic I've loved since I was 4 and something that families will be happily watching together. Everything is great from the visuals, the character design, the stop-motion animation, the simple but fun songs, and great messages of family, friendship, and conquering your fears. This movie managed to elevate and expand upon the original book that I'll always see this as the definitive version of the story. Same with director Selick's other triumphant classics of 'Coraline' and 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'.

This movie was terrible It was so boring. Read the book instead

Not For Sensitive Kids

It’s on the older side of animation but overall and funny movie, great for kids 8+. This movies does contain the word ass but that’s about it for language. Can scare young or sensitive children. Very little sexual references; the centipede flirts with the spider repetitively, there is also a scene where the cricket asks the centipede it’s longitude and latitude, but the centipede mistakes the question as asking him the size of his… y’know. The centipede replies to the cricket with “that’s very personality information”

Great

I've loved this movie since I saw it when I was 8.

Good, but Very Scary

I like this movie but I don't think it is appropriate for kids 9-, because the aunts try to kill James with an axe and they also abuse him.

The movie is actually great

As a Tim Burton fan i think the movie was awsome, a piece of art. This movie has a creepy style, like all the Tim Burton animation's. Contains tabacco descriptions,

Weird...just weird.

Okay, so first let me say: the book is AMAZING. Fun, heartwarming and just weird enough to be memorable. The movie though...ugh. First, the beginning is TERRIFYING. I wasn't allowed to watch this when I was little, and I see why. I mean, a giant rhinoceros appears from the sky and basically murders a kid's parents, leaving him in the hands of his abusive and repulsive aunts. Family entertainment at it's best. And the rest of the movie just doesn't make sense. I fell asleep partway through, and when I woke up they were...in space? And yet I honestly don't feel like I missed out on much. Even the songs are weird, somewhat tuneless, and add nothing to the plot. I USUALLY love Tim Burton movies, but this one was just a disappointment. I only gave it that extra star because the grasshopper, glow worm and centipede are hilarious and add just a little whimsy to an otherwise unsettling and skippable movie.

Aunts are a bit mean but otherwise characters are nice to each other

A great movie but the Aunts are really mean and we don't like that bit but I know that it's only for he movie and they aren't like that in real life and they are just acting. I really like when James is in the peach and having the adventures.

Awesome, but a little weird

This movie was great. I would have to say that the bugs aren't really creepy, but that's just my opinion. The movie was an interesting kind of weird. My brother, who is 6, says the movie was good and actiony.