Kid reviews for Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey

Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey Poster Image

Jingle Jangle

Well edited!

Poor special effects and child acting are only redeemed by John Legend’s “Make It Work” song and dance sequence.

Cinematography/Visuals: 3/5 Special Effects: 2/5 Acting: 2/5 Dialogue: 2/5 World-Building: 3/5 Humorous Moments: 1/5 Emotional Moments: 2/5 Soundtrack: 3/5

Jingle jangle: a Christmas journey review

This is a fantastic movie!!! This movie has amazing songs and great dances and is really fun and funny. This movie tells you to be yourself and it also tells you that teamwork is better than working on your own. Overall a great movie and definitely worth a watch! Where to watch: Netflix

Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey

Typical Christmas movie. It's pretty good. It can be boring at times but it's good. The antagonist might scare younger kids though. Even if it's not as good as Home Alone or Elf it's still a fun, and sometimes funny but it's not like really funny.

Not quite a Christmas movie, but still heartwarming

It didn't seem much like a Christmas movie, but it was still a good movie. Parts of it were very meh, but the songs were super catchy! I'm going to have Journey's song stuck in my head for the rest of eternity, and that's not a bad thing! However, the mail lady was kind of weird and not really necessary. I couldn't understand most of her song, which I'm pretty sure was a good thing. Most of the song went right over my head, and I'm pretty sure it was the same, if not more so, for my almost-8-year-old sister. All in all, it was a heartwarming movie with great themes, and it was nice to see a mostly POC cast. But if you have kids under 8 or over 12, I wouldn't recommend it.

Not to good.

It was okay honestly, It was dry and hard to sit through. It wasn't to good, but it was a nice movie. I wouldn't want to watch it again it wasn't a bad experience but there were some good parts I'd say! In the end it was fairly good!

Amazing Movie!

I absolutely loved this movie! I love its take on Christmas movies, and I honestly don't see it when people say it's slow. It has amazing songs, and isn't as horribly childish as other Christmas movies. It really can be enjoyed by all ages. I am a sucker for good songs and good choreographies, so when I saw the first song ("This Day") I knew I was in for a treat. The story is amazingly good, despite the villain being a little on the meh side. I recommend this, but be wary of a scene. In Ms Johnston's song, the ending of the song is a bit more mature. But, it doesn't really show that much for younger kids.

Not exactly a Christmas movie, but so heartwarming and wonderful!

This is definitely one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Everybody in my family loved it. There was something for everyone: humor, family, music, and just a touch of action. The heartwarming plot was beautiful. You'll take away the great lesson of believing and self-confidence, and little ones will see the importance of family. Don't sit down to watch this on Christmas Eve expecting Christmas trees and Santa Claus, though. I wouldn't say it's really a Christmas movie, but it's so wonderful in its own ways, totally worth your time!

This movie saved Christmas!

I really enjoyed this movie. It was slow at some parts, and I didn’t like some of the characters, but I absolutely love musicals and I think this did not disappoint! I really loved the opening song and I think the music really did help move the story along while keeping things entertaining. It was cool to see people who are black have the main roles in this movie, as I usually see Christmas movies have an all white cast or white protagonists with mostly white side characters. Also, I loved the originality of this movie, I had been getting sick of watching Christmas movies with the same plot and characters over and over again. (Hallmark.) This movie is great for all ages.