Parent reviews for Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie

Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie Poster Image

Jonah A Veggietales Movie Movie Review By Logan Strohl

The best Veggietales movie of all time with a great lesson about second chances great songs and funny humor too as well fun for the whole family to enjoyed and a great telling of the Bible story of Jonah.

Great movie for all ages

I grew up this movie and probably watched it a billion times as a kid. Even to this day I find Jonah to be an enjoyable and hilarious movie that teaches a great lesson. The movie teaches kids about mercy and forgiveness. The songs and music are fantastic. If you’re looking for wholesome entertainment look no farther.

Christian parent who finds this boring...

Really boring. Stick with DreamWorks The Prince of Egypt. It's better animated with better music that you won't mind getting stuck in your head.

Fun biblical adventure

Great way to introduce the story of Jonah to kids. I love all the veggie tales characters but I found the added character Khalid a little annoying but the kids loved him. Great lessons and songs.

Boring...

I and some other ladies put this on for our preschoolers in the children's ministry at church, and I was surprised at how boring it was. It went on and on, and I just couldn't get into it at all. Not the best for children's short attention spans. I don't know how the kids understood any of it. Try a different VeggieTales film like "Rack, Shack, and Benny."

Entertaining but not personally recommendable due to the religious stance

I'm speaking to families with non religious parents. I advise you not allowing your children to view this film. There are sooo many other great secular children's films that won't attempt to indoctrinate your children with a religious ideology. Yes the movie is entertaining at times and funny sometimes, but unless you're a Christian family I suggest skipping this because religion is a HUGE part of it.

Longer than the tv series, but not longer than other kid movies

This is another family favorite in our house. Especially the singing, umm...asparagus'. They were hilarius!

Great in English for almost all viewers; poor in Spanish.

A very good, funny and solid movie for the family to enjoy together. An exception might be sensitive children- watch the whale scene if your kid is like this. Should be easy enough to have them leave the room or hit fast forward to get around that. I saw a couple of very unfair reviews of this movie, but most will find themselves delighted by the entire film. Special warning: very poor Spanish dubbing; no effort made to do a good job. Do not give/present this movie to anyone who can't listen to the original English.

Classic bibical lesson appropriate for all ages

Love it!! My two year old daughter and four year old son are both big fans of this movie. We need more movies like this one!

Great Cartoon Movie about Jonah

This is a very funny and entertaining story about the biblical prophet.