Kid reviews for Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie

Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie Poster Image

Wonderful feature-length lesson on compassion and mercy!

Big Idea's first take on a feature film is very impressive! The music score is very catchy, the jokes are very clean, and it teaches an important lesson about compassion and mercy!

Christian parent who finds this boring.

Holly R. Finds this boring. Stick with Dreamworks The Prince of Egypt. It’s better animated with music you won’t mind getting stuck in your head. Holly R. Found this boring. I never liked Veggie Tales though I did have a children’s veggie tales bible when I was little. I read it some but, not a lot. If you liked this opinion respected.

Good

Great messages and role models completely clean I would suggest this

Hilarious-Biblical-Whale of a Tale

Based on the wackiest bible story I love Veggietales so much this has to be a movie I love. Catchy songs and a lesson of compassion and mercy. I wish I was born when this came out I didn't see this till I was 6. But everyone deserves a second chance from God

veggietales is always awesome!

this movie is one of the best veggietales movies of all time! khaili the caterpiller is very funny! great movie for all veggietales fans!

Wrote a review on this a while ago

Wrote a review on this a while ago ("Jonah has some scary parts"), but seriously don't pay attention to that one. This movie is fine, some references to British comedy and very clever for kids and adults, especially if you understand the bible story. Bit of consumerism. Also, why on earth did younger me rate this for "ease of play"?

A wonderful movie with a great message.

I absolutely love this movie, and I have the VHS copy to prove it. The movie teaches everyone deserves a second chance.

Jonah: A VeggieTales movie:)

I love all the VeggieTales movies and so does my whole family, It's fun ,Humorous, and A Christian show with beautiful animation I would recommend it to anyone (If you believe in God) :)

This used to be my favorite movie.

This movie was so fun and educational. The only part that REALLY scared me was an intense and violent storm midway through the movie. Yet for younger kids the suspense might be worrisome. For instance, a van spins out of control once the driver (unintentionally) yanks off the steering wheel but it goes to show what happens when your driving's as reckless as heck. Jonah and the pirates are also in occasional peril such as when a whale swallows Jonah or they're all nearly sentenced to death by being crushed to pieces (a pumpkin is successfully used for demonstration). The only particularly iffy part is when a stimulation shows an entire city being incinerated along with the genocide of all within (though only one casualty is on screen, after he is being briefly seen panicking).

Jonah has some scary parts

sorry i forgot to add this last time, but by 'scary" i mean as follows: 1. In jonah's dream the usually unscary character scooter might trigger nightmares 2. Khalil is a main character, he may not do this to you, but he freaks me out 3. when jonah gets to ninevah, a character yells "get back!" he shows his eyes for one second, and they are freakers besides that, its great! enjoy!