All teen and kid member reviews for Kick-Ass 2

Teen, 14 years old Written byesoccer7 August 17, 2013

Very violent, lots of swearing, the first one was better.

There is alot of blood gushing everywhere. Also there is a lot of swearing. The main villain's name is the motherf***er and he says it many times. There is also night b*tch and kick a**. There is one scene that lasts a full 10-15 seconds which is pretty long when you watch it, that has fully frontal female nudity. The violence doesn't really matter in my opinion, the swearing is what any high schooler hears everyday, but some parents may not be ok with the nudity.

Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd August 16, 2013

this movie is a great example why august isnt the best month for movie blockbusters

I'll be honest but I hated this movie for a couple of major reasons 1.being a Christian there's lots of extreme offensive content 2.even if I wasn't a Christian there's one thing I would like to know,whom is this movie meant for?it's rated R so it means it's only meant for adults but the people I hear most exited about it, like it and talk about it the most are immature teen boys around 13 who can't see the movie cause there too young and adults won't see it cause it's juvenile,unappealing and just stupid,but in other words both this movie and the original are too mature for kids and teens and too childish for adults

Teen, 16 years old Written byB-KMastah August 16, 2013

Surprisingly great!

Okay, the negative reviews that this is getting surprises me immensely. I knew that nothing could top the first film, and this of course didn't, but it was still great. Hilarious thanks to great performances; Christopher Mintz-Plasse was so funny and Chloe Grace Moretz was flat-out awesome as always. One thing that I really appreciated was how different it was from the first movie. The story isn't cookie-cutter, but actually different, and people start dying which surprised me a ton and got me very invested in the characters and their fates. The action was really fun and was comprehensible, thank God. I hate shaky cam but it was used, but not too much. The only thing that really annoyed me was a subplot involving Hit-Girl that was funny at first, then became extraneous, then made the film feel disjointed, and then ended in just a super stupid way. And STAY AFTER THE CREDITS! Nice little Easter egg scene. 8.7/10, great, two thumbs up, above average, etc.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCerone August 17, 2013

Kick-Ass 2 is a solidly satisfying continuation to the first film, just go in with low expectations

It's a decent and INCREDIBLY entertaining enough continuation of the franchise, but it is no where near as good as the first. It is more of a straight up good versus evil tale, and it does fall under it's own irony and cliches at times as well, but Aaron Taylor-Johnson is still solid as Kick-Ass, Chloe Grace Mortetz is still fantastic as Hit Girl, Jim Carrey (not a big fan) is crazy good as Col. Stars and Stripes, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse gives an electric performance of a lifetime as The Mother F*****, that trainer he discussed in an interview must have really served him well. Fans of the comics and the first film should find some kind of appreciation for this graphically violent popcorn flick of a sequel, I read the comic first before seeing this, and I quite frankly found the comic doing it better. It is a coming age tale where no one is innocent after everyone's made a move in their new life of vigilantism. There is some pretty serious stuff in this film that shouldn't be taken humorously, aside from some of the usual foulmouthed humor, and over the top gross out gags. Overall, Kick-Ass 2 is one of the better blockbuster sequels to come out this year, and is definitely the Empire Strikes Back of the franchise.

Kid, 10 years old August 16, 2013

Good for my Age

Alot of parents think kids 13 and under cant handle language and violence and sex but, they're exposed to it alot more than you think. Kids know whats a movie and whats not!

Kid, 12 years old August 17, 2013

A Crude Movie for Any Age

This film has disappointed me compared to the first film. This film is also not appropriate for most people under the age of 16. The film does not give positive messages mostly for the reason of violence. I wouldn't recommend this movie.

Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2013

Kick-Ass 2 Content/Rating

Positive Rolemodels: 'Hitgirl', who was only 11 in the last movie, is now 15 in the sequel
Violence: All over the movie
Sex: More than the first
Language: Adult/Profane
Drinking, drugs, and smoking: Mild

Teen, 16 years old Written byantoineisthebest August 21, 2013

csm come on

alright movie but here in canada the rating is 14a/13+. the movie is violent and not as good as the first one. the rating in canada makes a lot more sense than the rating in the usa. csm, most kids these day already started watching adult movies at ages between 12 and 13, most kids have seen movies like clockwork orange and the saw serie at ages between 13 and 15. CSM needs to come down on the age rating .. I understand why the movie is two stars (its not a great movie). The us has one of the most extreme rating on the film. CSM you should really change their rating system because you can't compare the saw serie (not for kids) to this (not for kids).

Kid, 10 years old August 23, 2013

trailer review

I watched this online and it was good. Violence is lessened but still a lot of blood. A lot of swearing I liked the movie although it did not live up to kick ass.

Kid, 10 years old August 20, 2013

AWESOME OF THE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this movie was frickin' awesome!!!!!. there was ALOT of blood,minor nudity and swearing for a superhero movie but guess what....I DONT CARE!!!!!!!! I LOVED THE MOVIE I THINK I ALWAYS WILL!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 16 years old Written bywillman72 August 20, 2013

good for kids 14+

this movie is about a bunch of kids bieng positive role models helping thier city of crime is that really a bad influence wouldnt this tell kids that crime doesnt pay its positive message is to stick up for yourself and others is that really not for kids sure its got language but when you are at highschool its basically swear central and its not like a forteen year old hasnt heard of sex before your son and daughters maybe already have had it and are we gonna blindfold the kids when a pdhpe lesson about breastfeeding comes on i dont think this is why i think its for 14+

Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 August 30, 2013

Great sequel, but definitely not for everyone

I was so excited to go and see this, and I got what I was expecting, an amazing sequel. Although this one had a darker feel to it. It still had it's comical feel, but I felt it was a little bit more realistic in terms of violence. Violence includes numerous scenes of stylized fighting, there is a scene where one of the villain's kills a group of police officers in a graphic manner. The humor in this one was rather different, because in the first it felt like lighter humor, but the humor in this one can be found offensive, and rather gross in some sense. There is ton's of profanity, but I don't understand what you guys are expecting in terms of language and violence with a name Kick Ass. There are some mild to crude sexual themes and references. A man drops a box of sex stuff and numerous of sexual items drop on the floor, as well as a sexual costume which later he makes adjustments to and makes a super villain outfit from it. There is discussion and some of which range from mild to Crude. There is a brief scene of nudity, but it was brief and the scene wasn't very sexual because they show two girls in a pool half naked and breasts are exposed for a couple of seconds and the scene changes. Extremely Mature 12, but 13 should be just right.

Teen, 16 years old Written bylohangers August 30, 2013

Chloe sure knows where to kick a guy...lol!

Hot Chloe running around hitting guys in the nuts....two thumbs up!

Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats December 30, 2013

You Can't Fight Your Destiny

An okay follow-up to the great 2010 indie superhero film "Kick-Ass." Acting, especially by Chloe Grace Moretz, is a strong point, but disappointingly there is not enough of her. The film can't figure out whether it wants to be a serious superhero film or a parody of one. It has a bit of identity crisis but is solid entertainment. A fifteen-year-old girl uses a wide-range of profanity from h*ll, c*cksucker, b*tch, sh*t, d*ck, f*ck, and speaks the c-word in Russian. She also shoots many people, killing them, stabs one person in the eye, and stabs someone repeatedly with glass. One of the characters names is The Mother-F***** and his super-villain team name is The Toxic-Mega C**ts. There is lots of violence and brief topless nudity from two prostitutes. It's still okay for a mature thirteen-year-old to handle. B-.

Teen, 16 years old Written byCA1996 August 25, 2013

Different director means different rules!

Well, I have just watched this much anticipated sequel to the film adaption of Mark Millar's 'Kick-Ass'. I am actually rather disappointed and shocked at the same time. The reasons for my slight dislike, are that this has been butchered ( not just cut). The graphic novel contained some pretty disturbing, but obviously ADULT material, and this has none of it. Even the gore is cut, and still does not have as much as the first. However, there are extremely dark and bothersome concepts to the movie that young teenagers will not pick up on. It makes the movie seem like a kid's film with an abundance of pointless uses of swearing and nasty little secrets hidden within. Overall, this is not a kid's film, and it bothers me that the BBFC gave this a 15. It should be an 18 solely due to some of the themes in the movie. There's a certain nastiness given out throughout the first half. The second half however, is very, very dark, but reasonably entertaining. The dialogue is cheesier than Macaroni & Cheese, with a generous grating of even more cheese on top. Overall,it would have been a lot better had Matthew Vaughn directed it. Quite disappointed to be honest, but let's hope that a director's cut DVD / Blu-Ray comes out.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJeffrey9789 December 30, 2013

This film is better then the first

This film has a lot of action, comedy and cool characters This film was way better then the first one in my opinion even though I liked the first one go rent this one It is awesome

Kid, 11 years old November 29, 2013

Better then the first

This movie was better then the first I thought, more action more violence and more humor. I understood this movie really well but this movie is pretty bloody but nothing then the first. The first kick butt ending battle was just boring. Kick butt just had a machine gun and a jet pack and shot people. In this one was a true battle that lived up to its name. Some tears came down when seeing Chloe as hit girl all grown up. For humor in both movies were awesome, action in this one was better then the first. That is my review and I think it's ok for kids 13 and up. Even though I am 11 I could handle this but some 11 year olds can't. So if you liked the first one the second one is better and just for you.

Kid, 9 years old April 12, 2014

Great

Ok but lots of violence

Teen, 13 years old Written byFaz March 16, 2014

Kick-Ass 2 (2013)

Good sequel, not great but good. Doesn't best the first one in humour or originality but this is a much more violent movie than the first- decapitations (not on screen), burned to death, hung etc. Mature teens like 14+ would enjoy this movie

Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2014

LEARNING

awesome movie

well there are swear words in super heroes/ villains like red mist is now called the mother f*cker and night b*tch more swearing in the movie and more blood and guts teens will like it very much