Parent reviews for Kung Fu Panda 2

Kung Fu Panda 2 Poster Image

best in the trilogy

what can i say? this movie is excellent. arguably, the best movie in the kung fu panda trilogy. i am now 17 and will be turning 18 in less than a week. i had the pleasure of growing up with the kung fu panda trilogy, and to this day, the second is still my absolute favorite. it creates a fresh and new story while still holding the magic of the first film. throughout this one we see lots of characters develop and change from the first to second movies, a great message, consistent character motives and actions, beautiful animation and character designs, and teaching those mastery of one’s self through a creative and metaphorical way. my favorite thing about this film is the villain, Lord Shen. although we never truly understand why he began his quest for power before his banishment, he is a vicious, ruthless, and the most realistic villain in the franchise. Shen’s genocide of the pandas stemmed out of fear (also proving Oogway’s point in the first film) is something real people do and have done. his attempted conquering of China being done with the advancement of technology (the cannons) to beat the kung fu masters is also more realistic, and his menacing image but in reality cowardly instincts are all what make Shen the most interesting villain in the series, and the most frightening realistic one. the teamwork of the furious five + Po, and the development in their friendship was the perfect pace for this film, and we cannot forget Master Shifu. Shifu’s character change made complete sense in this film. he is calm, wise, and strong. after the death of Tai Lung he was able to be the kung fu master he was always meant to be, and i was incredibly happy to see him finally obtain inner peace. as for Po, what can i say ? such a lovable protagonist. his growth throughout the film while staying true to his character is something hard to obtain when writing about trauma such as this. Po coming to terms with his past, identity, and purpose are all heavy topics placed on the audience which would not have been possible without an excellent writing team, animators, and Jack Black’s stellar performance. the dark elements in this story shape Po into who he truly is, and makes room for some very heartfelt moments that shed a tear or two. i could also go on and on about the animation of this film (literally pages long) but this review is already incredibly lengthy as it is. so, go watch this movie! you won’t be disappointed!

1 person found this helpful.

Twitter

Even better than the first!

This movie is a masterpiece! This movie is just insane! It was funnier than the first and really dark. DreamWorks actually pulled off making a dark movie!

More Impressive, But Less Humorous Than The First

Just like CSM says, this movie is surprisingly deep. It has plenty of important messages throughout, as well as some serious moments of friendship and trust. Fortunately, that is all presented through lots of cool fight scenes and a very intriguing plot. This movie, at least in my opinion, is much better than the first. I would highly recommend it!

Kung Fu Action

A great plot, great story. Some of the sadder scenes may be a bit upsetting for young adoptive kids. Also, most of the Kung Fu action is overdone, and the subject of Tai Chi is involved. Kids should not learn how to do Tai Chi, which is called, "Chi," in the movies. The characters are very strong role models; however, this film may be teaching young kids to idolize something, which I believe is not necessary in the real world. Overall, great plot, slight rude humor.

Ok for a 7+

This movie is recommended for a 7 and up to watch this movie

Ok for a 7+

My parents and I went to see this movie at the movie theater in Florida

Deep, Dark, But With An Amazing Ending

I really liked this film, the beautiful animations, amazing emotion, very entertaining, funny, and lots of action. Just by a walk out of the theatre, this is a five star film. But KUNG FU PANDA 2 may look like an education, positive movie, but it really doesn't quite deliver the message number one does, (neither does three, which I didn't say in that review) It's just a strait up, great family film. It's still truly a great film for families to enjoy together! 3/5

Saving kung fu one panda at a time!

There are 2 things driving this better than expected, rather darker sequel to the fluffy 2008 original: excellent voice work, especially by Black, Jolie and James Hong as Po's father, who bring a real depth to their character. I can't leave out Gary Oldman either as the sinister Shen, but everyone knows Oldman is always a great villain! The story is predictable, but with a cliffhanger ending, sporadically really funny moments and beautifully filmed kung fu action, it's a very fun experience.

Pandemonium.

Kung Fu Panda 2, the follow-up to the 08' flick, is an action packed movie with a great message and a positve role model. The message is that no matter what you did in the past. What matters is what you do right now. Po, like the first movie, still shows determination making him the postive role model. As said earlier, this movie is more action packed than the first one. Can't wait for the third movie. Thanks for reading.