Parent reviews for Lady and the Tramp (2019)

Lady and the Tramp (2019) Poster Image

A lot of action and peril

(Written by 8yo boy) This is a good movie, but there is a lot of action and peril, especially at the end. Some scenes remind me of the Aladdin with real actors in that there is stealing food and chasing with street dogs. But there isn't really blood. I liked the original animated movie a little better.

Inappropriate

No kiss and no puppies, terrible film as it was not anything like the Disney. #nokiss #nopuppies

A little bit scary

My daughter who is 3 loves dogs and has seen the original and liked it but she asked to turn this version off because in her words it is giving me nightmares. She was very afraid of the dog catcher. I also did not like that the dogs were mean to each other in this version and it had some crude moments like the mention of the fire hydrant for marking and that Trusty smells cat poop when looking for the dog catcher coach. Disney lost the magic on this one. It lost the messages about loyalty, friendship, and peoples love not being limited when there is a new family member.

oh look it the tramp

when I first saw the trailer I thought it was coming out in cinemas but then found out it would be on Disney plus which I didn’t have at the time and didn’t even know if it was on the uk Disney plus at the time but after a few months one of my teacher assistants at college brother found it for me to stream and sent that to my teacher assistant and she sent it to me and I was excited to watch it and enjoyed it I liked how they decided to use real rescue dogs that had a nice message to the story and to let you know they swapped the genders of jock and the baby not sure why and the we are Siamese song been replaced by a new song called what a shame but the he a tramp song still in it if the beauty and the beast remake and the jungle book remake didn’t exist this one would definitely be number 1 in my book

When are we going to have characters that are nice to each other again?

Disney ruins a classic with characters that are snippy, sarcastic and adults who act like moody teens. For example, the OB who delivers the new baby, someone who has devoted a lifetime of learning to bringing babies safely into the world, is cynical and condescending about the event and the couple's new life. Lady and Jock make fun of Trusty for being old. When Lady causes the dog catcher's cart to crash the Darlings make no mention of seeing if the driver - a human - is ok. This movie teaches our youth that some people don't matter and deserve to be physically harmed if they don't act as we want them to or do jobs we disagree with. Disney's early movies are cherished for the civility, kindness and self-sacrifice they demonstrate. I keep hoping that Disney is going to stop with mean, self-righteous, sarcastic characters disguised as role-models for our youth - this movie isn't that.

Not like the original at all

The movie was cute, but if you expect to see the live action of the original movie, you'll be disappointed. I feel like they tried to take a classic and make it politically correct, but in doing so it lost its character. They removed so many iconic scenes. Like I said it's a cute movie, but it's not the Lady and the Tramp I know and love.

Well Crafted, Socially Responsible Update

I LOVED this version! Cuts out the racist & sexist elements that were baked into the original (just due to the time period in which the original was made). Still keeps the redeeming messages of the first (Loyalty, acceptance, looking past appearances/prejudice, & resilience). I’d say it’s 7 or so and up bc the action sequences are more intense than the original because the CGI is more lifelike. My 8 year old boys enjoyed this movie. Bonus- it’s set in New Orleans, with a diverse cast. Very thoughtfully done. I only wish it wasn’t just on Disney Plus b/c I feel like more kids deserve to see it.

eh.. language I don't want my niece repeating

"oh my gosh" "oh my God" "musty mutt"

THE TRAMP

REALLY sad and violent (for example Lady trying to find her home, the pound chasing stray dogs, a dog from the pound getting killed and at the end tramp getting run over by a car). My 5 year old daughter even started crying in some parts. But also the love and teamwork that Lady and the Tramp have for each other.

Lady and the tramp 2019

That was a good movie had action and romance Rose and monte amazing and beautiful acting Funny and amazing and romantic