All teen and kid member reviews for Looper

Kid, 12 years old Written bymattp September 30, 2012

Spectacular movie, for those who can handle it.

Let me start out this review by saying that whatever I write following this, I absolutely think this movie is outstanding, both as an entry in science fiction and in art movies. The movie is phenomenal, however, that doesn't necessarily mean bring your eight year old, because it's "one of those Oscar movies". What I'm trying to say is, this movie's violence and sexual content correspond with the age that kids understand this at. Personally, I can handle violence, gore, and understand complex meanings (more than others my age may be able to). So, if your kid is nine but can handle violence, that doesn't mean he'll like the movie. The movie is mature both in it's ideas and the sex/violence. Quite frankly, many of the characters are sick, twisted, or outright horrible people. Most of the time characters have reasons for their violent/disturbing actions, but those reasons aren't very good reasons. The main character is the most selfish of them all until the end, and especially in future self form (Bruce Willis form), engages in bloody, hatred filled battle.
Final Verdict: While this movie is fabulous, it's dark tone and dark characters aren't great for young children, not to mention the violence and nudity.

Teen, 15 years old Written bytrombone1997 September 30, 2012

Very good Sci-Fi flick...but pay attention.

I saw Looper and immediately in the beginning of the movie, someone gets shot. I was actually shocked at the amount of violence in the movie. The sex wasn't a big issue, but some scenes showed topless women; one in particular was topless for a few minutes. The main character takes eye-drop drugs and seems to go through a withdrawal later in the movie.

Overall, Looper was a very well-written and very well-directed movie and it deserves two thumbs up! The only disappointment is that Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt don't look remotely alike even with makeup; and that the beginning moves very fast, so PAY ATTENTION!!! But it was a good movie with exceptional performances from the entire cast. I could possibly see this movie at Oscar season for Best Original Screenplay.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviedudde18 September 30, 2012

lm2012

One of the best movies in 2012, well made, crafted and acted. With something new to the table.

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe darkest stuff September 30, 2012

Looper

I just saw Looper and it was very good almost as good as The Dark Knight Rises. This probably the second best well made film of 2012. None of your kids should see this with you unless if thier at least 14 or 15. In the begining its just a shoot em up time travel movie with nutidy blood and drugs but then the plot kicks in and gets better. This movie is filled with shooting and blood, and stylised telekinesis scenes. Theres some nutidy and a little bit of drug use. This movie was very well written and has posative messages about your life family and sticking for people and doing what best in the future.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie loving teen September 30, 2012

Very good but kind of explicit sci-fi movie.

This movie is very very good but it should not be viewed buy kids because it contains very strong language (f word and it variations), bloody brutal violence, drug abuse, and nudity (but not alot). If your kid is under 16 really know your kids to see this.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 October 7, 2012

cant anyone make a good movie anymore

some bad language.
breast are shown.
lots of violence

Teen, 14 years old Written bycinnagurl December 4, 2012

Looper is FREAKING AWESOME!!!

This a really good movie. i really can't seem to get enough of it. ive become a huge fan. This movie has a few scenes which are not appropriate but all in all this isn't that bad (ive seen worse). I'd say 15 and up can handle it. There is one topless scene. theres quite a bit of drug use (a syringe is shown several times) that's as bad as it gets. other stuff is bad language. uses f-word a lot. language doesnt bother me. its not like i dont hear that word 100 times a day. but other than that great movie for teens. action packed and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (who i am a big fan of) is in it which makes everything really good. everything is really good. if you have seen "Brick" you will have no problem with this

Im gonna respond to the question in the "families can talk about section" Joe does learn to become less selfish towards the end part when Old Joe has killed Abe and all the Gat men. the quote "my life? your life! Becoming you!" is an indication that Joe feels differently now than he did. He doesn't want to kill old Joe just for himself but for Cid and Sara. I think he falls in love with Sara and Cid and realizes what will happen to Cid if Sara is killed. he sacrifices himself for Cid, Sara, and the Future. how can that be considered a selfish act?

also for ppl who want to know. this movie leaves u thinking and trying to make sense of things. i have seen it anywhere between 60-70 times by now and i still have questions.

Teen, 17 years old Written byOGORMAN February 4, 2013

Looper is an insane ride with twists you won't expect.

Joe is a Looper, which means he kills criminals who are sent back in time, but when his future self is sent back, his whole life changes. As the review says: there is plenty of violence and almost everyone does have a gun. Many people are seen being shot (which causes both injury and death). Joe kills people time after time simply for the sake of money and for himself to make a living. Though the blood you see when people are shot is a little overdramatic at times, it is still definitely enough to frighten younger children. *SPOILER* The Older Joe (yeah, let's call him that) does kill a child, but he does have a reason, no matter how self gratifying it may seem. *END OF SPOILER* The only violence that really creeped me out was in the beginning when a man is being tortured through the use of time travel (his body parts begin to disappear and it is quite frightening if you're not prepared like I wasn't). The child who has supernatural temper tantrums was the other thing that creeped me out. After the first one, every little thing he did made me even more scared of him. His intelligence just added to the creepiness factor. Sex does not have a big role in this movie. Early on, a woman (the showgirl who doubles as a prostitute) is seen topless, with her breasts in plain view, as she walks across a room towards the main character in a bed. It is implied that they have had sex but you don't see any of it. Later on in the movie it is implied yet again that the main character has sex with another women, but all that is seen leading up to it is them kissing and that is all. Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is seen shirtless a couple of times (but not for as long as I would have liked haha, he's so cute!), but it is not an issue. The language was coarse, rough, and at many times, unnecessary. For more than half of the movie I felt like they just inserted f--k because they didn't have anything else to say. There was also plenty of uses of d--n, a--, and other less tasteful words. Joe does a drug that is in the form of an eye drop, and at one point in the movie he appears to be going through a very painful withdrawal from not having had it in over a day. While Sara is trying to be a strong role model for her son, she still has her issues so I don't think I would let kids look up to her too much. By the way, who cares if Joseph Gordon-Levitt doesn't look all that much like Bruce Willis? If everyone is going to complain about it so much, then I'd like to see you try and do better! Looper is definitely a film that I will go out and buy so that I can watch it again.

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats January 13, 2013

Hunted By Your Future. Haunted By Your Past.

Possibly one of the best of 2012 and maybe even the equivalent to 2011's Drive. A great movie with excellent direction and action and a very original screenplay. There is some language including uses of the f-word, brief nudity in one scene and some sexual content. Violence is heavy and futuristic drugs are taken but it overall is not too bad and mature thirteen year-olds and up could handle it. A.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. March 8, 2013

Clever film mixes time travel with gangster violence.

Very clever plot is able to set itself apart from other sci-fi action films for a few reasons. The movies concept of time travel only sets up the story, where as Inception's "dream" plot revolved around the whole story. This movie is able to slow down every once in a while and explore many different kinds of themes, like regret and redemption, love and loss, and the way that it does it is so engaging and doesn't trip over it's own complexity, you just have to pay attention. However this smart film does have some bloodshed. Plenty of gun violence. Most characters are shot, and many die. Noticeable amounts of blood that briefly spatters on walls. There's a offscreen killing of child thats upsetting and sad. And a man is punished via time travel, as parts of his body begin to disappear, first his fingers, ending with him being a limbless and nose less corpse. There is also some occasional profanity,about 29 F words, and brief uses of other strong lanuguage. As well as some off screen sex scenes, and some brief nudity. But this movie is the only movie to ever make my jaw drop, and yes I have seen just about every Alfred Hitchcock film. So that should say something about how great his intelligent sci-fi thriller is. Despite some minor issues, this is by far the best sci-fi since the original terminator.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 5, 2013

A sci-fi mind bender classic

I'd heard nothing but positive things about "Looper," and I love when movies live up to the hype. Its got a complex but not indecipherable plot line that's thoroughly original, two great leads from Willis and Levitt, the latter who's proved to be a bonafide sci-fi staple, and a surprise ending even I didn't see coming. Believe all the buzz surrounding it; one of the best recent science fiction films around!

Teen, 17 years old Written byJohnem95 October 21, 2012

Very unique, but very brutal.

This is one of the more original Science Fiction movies out there - so it may intrigue teens to see it especially with the praise it has been receiving from critics. But be aware that although the language is infrequent, there are a few f-bombs as well as the usual a-word, s-word, and so on. I didn't find the sex scenes to be that strong - one of them isn't actually a sex scene, although it acts like it will be - there is some female nudity involved - but not full-on nudity, the other sex scene just showed the two kissing, groping, and undressing (no nudity) and then went off-screen to see the two in bed, but back in their everyday clothes. The violence is the biggest issue as there is a LOT of murdering involved - and some gore is seen - although it's not in every murder scene, but it is in there. To go along with that, a kid gets shot (who has some freaky outbursts that may make you cringe a little) which is probably the most shocking violent scene in the movie. I suggest only letting your teens see it if they are aware that the movie is all science fiction as it's main theme is time travel, but be aware that there is some pretty gruesome, shocking violent scenes in the movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 October 19, 2012

Boring, action-lacking movie did not impress me.

Teen, 13 years old Written byemcfa3000 May 27, 2013

Good

Good film. Good story. There was one part near the beginning my mum found gross or something I found it fine, it's a good way of showing whats going on without the gore. Small kids may find it confusing, but don't show it to small kids.

Kid, 11 years old May 11, 2013

GOOD FILM DISTURBING ACTION1

This movie was a really really good sci fi movie it has lots of shoot em up action by bruce willis he shoots so many people that afterwards his face is red with other peoples blood!!! It also has a women with no top and some breif sex scences the main charector also takes drugs throught his eye this causes him to almost run over someone. The movie also has some very disturbing scences such as a little kid,about 3 years of age, who has telekenisis blow up adults with lots of blood and gore as well as a man who kills a 4 year old kid and maybe the mother to. This movie is good for 15 and up who can take disturbing things, im 11 and ive seen worst than this but i can take horror gore and disturing images and stuff like that so not any old 11 year old can watch it.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 April 14, 2013

Looper is mindblowing

Looper is thought provoking and much more. How everything is done is amazing. It is a great story, amazingly acted, and very dark. It is very violent but anyone that is 14 can handle it.

Teen, 17 years old Written byThe real thing March 16, 2013

Great, I really liked it

Teen, 16 years old Written byTip yap July 17, 2013

Good

A great futuristic time travel film A-/B+ performances actually a kid actor that doesn't annoy the hell out of you entertaining but some sex language drugs violence and very intense younger teens down if showed for sure with adults

Teen, 14 years old Written byMontesinos7 January 19, 2013

Iffy

Smart and interesting, Looper isn't too violent but it involves the death of kids and some intense and scary scenes. It might affect more sensitive kids that are around the age of 13 and under.

Teen, 14 years old Written bykatie8398 January 1, 2013

Good Movie!

I thought this movie was very interesting and I felt like I had to keep watching it until the end and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.