Kid reviews for Madeline

Madeline Poster Image

Sony, We need to Talk

Madeline is a Book series made in the 30's (Around the same time Babar had his book series) But when Popularity Exploded like a Creeper (Aw, Man!), There were 4 Versions the Specials Produced by Cinar, The Cartoon Produced by DIC, This, and The Movie by Disney. This seems to be the Least Accurate to the Series. I mean sure Madeline does get Appendicitis , Sure Pepito was once Evil (Though he Remained this way in the Film unlike the Cinar Specials). and the Designs No! Miss Clavell is wears Blue! Not Gray (And looks Decent and not just a Stretched out Version of the Pokémon Jynx. and Lord Cucuface (His Actual Name) Looks Like SUPER MARIO! Sony, I Thought you were Enemies with Nintendo! If that's the case then Cough up the SNES-CD addon Please! (Hold on, Why am I talking about Nintendo?) Sony, You should Take Note of how Cinar Does it!

Not a bad adaptation

This is better than the cartoons, they were a bit too childish and safe but this one was pretty good. It's about a little girl who has a penchant for mischief and mayhem. Hatty Jones was very good and cute, she was perfect for Madeline! Of course, this did get too annoying and silly with its childish characters including the bold character of Madeline and a pretty unbalanced tone but it was good fun for everybody. There was one disgusting part where Madeline showed her private parts, which isn't shown. But a cute, energetic, and fun romp.

Some Deaths and Heavy Religious Scenes.

Lots of religious talks, kidnapping and intense scenes. Madeline gets sick and has her appendix taken out, nothing bad shown. A little dark and boring at times. Madeline falls in a well and is kidnapped. But happy endings and O.K plot.

Madeline is not very good

Educational: You learn about Paris. Violent: Madeline and her enemy Pepito, get kidnapped and held for ransom, and Madeline's friend chicken gets cooked for dinner, Lady Covington dies, and Maedline has a giant scar on her stomach (no blood shown) Inappropriate content: The girls play with bras, Helene mentions a million different husbands and talks about tattoos, the girls disrespectfully call Lord Covington "Lord Cookoo Butt", even to his face, and then Madeline lies about saying it. Language: Quite a few bad words are mentioned in this film including "Idiot", and "Butt" which get used over and over and over again. If I were an adult, I would not allow my children to see this, because I would not want them to act like Madeline and her friends. Also I know that my parents objected to the movie.

Very good movie.

This movie is very good, but there are some scary scenes. I enjoyed every minute of it and it is so much better than the show.

Madeline is spunky, yet boring.

This movie is boring. Madeline just isn't a enjoyable character, and the rest is just meh.
not rated for age

Thanatophobics beware...

If you have a fear of hospitals/doctors/medical stuff, then I don't reccomend this to you. Maybe it's just me, but the hospital scene where Miss Clavel and the paramedics are rushing Madeline to the surgery room, and where she's got this gas mask over her head, well that's all too much for me. Whenever I hear the word "Surgery" or "Operation" or "Hospital" I just practically go into a panic attack.
not rated for age

This movie is great.

Kids any age can watch this movie. I think it is a great movie because there are a lot of funny parts. All the little girls were great actors. I think Miss Clavel was a great teacher to them. Thats all I have to say about this movie. See you later.