All teen and kid member reviews for Man of Steel

Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd June 14, 2013

easily and without a doubt better than the boring 2006 movie superman returns

It's a really good movie even if your not the biggest fan of superman but however I would have given it a higher score if there wasn't any completely unnecessary language in it(Granted it's not frequent which is great but it's still there unfortunently)

Teen, 17 years old Written bythebussinessteen June 13, 2013

nice but wash the mouth

The movie was awesome it did not add up in a sequence.the superman.and they sent him from clergy.the energy takes up but not in a sequence way of order.the language I was not expecting in movie.it was clearly shocking.but it is infrequent but Still there.are.a lot of curses like.s--t A-s a--whole
A--whip d--n d--k d--ksplash. Their are.a.few kisses. Clark and a girl make out a few times.

Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 June 14, 2013

Man of Steel is a really good satisfying experience(4.5 out of 5 stars)

“The Man of Steel is an entertaining movie that truly gives us the Superman that we need and deserve. The acting was good (Henry Cavill is a Great Superman); the music was superb (almost as good as The Dark Knight trilogy’s music), the special effects were astonishing (flight and fight scenes especially), the set pieces are fantastic, the messages are really good (also inspiring), The pace was fast, the action scenes were well done (Especially Krypton’s Doom, Smallville and Metropolis scenes). The camera shots were good (especially the zoom in shots and handheld techniques) the character arcs were also good and the finale (although a tad long) was satisfying (I was truly glad that Superman had that fight scene with Zod). The only negative elements are that the movie focused on the characters for the first two-thirds, but in the final act focused on the (amazing) action scenes instead of the characters as well as there are some blatant product placements. In the end, the Man of Steel is a satisfying stick-to-your ribs movie that with a little tweaking could’ve been as great as The Dark Knight trilogy. I would recommend this film.”
-For parents, the violence is frequent( though largely bloodless) and there is a little bit of language(about 15 uses mostly mild).

Kid, 9 years old June 14, 2013

awesome movie

Really good movie with a lot of positive messages and positive role models and a lot of violence and language and a few noticable products

Kid, 10 years old June 15, 2013

Suppppeeerrrrmaaaaaannnnn to the rescue!!!!!

This movie is awesome! I just saw this movie today with my dad. I usually hate superman movies, but this one is great. There is some violence including people getting hit, kicked, punched etc. 2 people's necks get broken with crunching noises. There also is a lot of destruction. I did hear some language. This movie has a lot of positive role models though. I would not recommend this film to kids under 9

Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 June 15, 2013

A bit short of a great film, but good overall

I went to see "Man Of Steel" today with my family. First, I must say that while it was a very interesting film, it could have been better. The flashbacks are a bit confusing (they randomly appear throughout the film), and (my biggest complaint) they really don't explore Superman's life growing up. I didn't feel like as if I got to know him too well as a character. But overall the film was pretty good; I liked the special effects and I loved how Lois was actually useful in this film (she even helps Superman). I'd give it a 3.5/4 stars. Violence: Tons of explosions, lasers, guns, etc. Lots of things are destroyed and blown up (motor vehicles, buildings, etc.) There's a scene of childbirth at the beginning that is slightly intense, but it's not too bad. Sex: Just a little bit of kissing, nothing that would raise any eyebrows. Language: "H*ll", "A**", but overall the film was clean. Drinking/Drugs: I believe one scene takes place in a bar, but there's not a lot of drinking and no drunk people.

Teen, 13 years old Written byValestria June 18, 2013

OK for kids

Ok, this has to be the best superman movie I have seen. It sticks to the storyline most superman stories have, but mixes it up a little bit. Really awesome!
Clark (or Kal) is a great role model, showing respect for both his kind and humans, and trying to get them to coexist.
Violence is a small issue for younger kids, but no gore. Just the super hero and super villain throwing each-other through building (as usual). in one part a woman is stuck under a piece of building, and there is a machine trying to alter the Earth's atmosphere so the aliens can breathe but the humans can't.
I watched this with my seven-year-old brother. He got bored in a few parts, but literally clapped when the bad guy was thrown into a building. He liked it, but he really didn't understand it all. But it is OK for kids to watch it.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySalsander June 21, 2013

Less than Average Superman Reboot

Superman isn't too bad for kids. While its not the almost slapstick action like the Avengers, its not as dark as the Dark Night series. That being said, it does have some dark moments, such as the death of Superman's parents and Aliens who have no empathy for killing the human race. But violence in the movie is kept more from a 3rd person perspective. The violence can be intense, especially in the second half of the movie where a city begins to fall into pieces, but you never see anyone personally hurt apart from a couple of baddies and superman. The brawls between Superman and the aliens for the most part seemed to be smashing each other into walls, however no gashes or injuries of that nature can be seen after impact.
That seems to be my only major concern about the movie because the special effects are very realistic, but the violence never seemed too personal. The only other small factors include a small amount of language, mostly spoken by a school bully who uses the d word once, and then some small language sprinkled here and there throughout, the most obscene being the s word. Don't expect it to be the greatest movie but if your kid has been begging to see it, why not give it a go.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymiles12345677A. June 18, 2013

WAY OVER-RATED

hardly made it to 3 stars. didn't like it that much. excessively violent and very destructive. not enough story.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBruno1 August 2, 2013

Teen, 15 years old Written byRhian De Questa July 28, 2013

You can save them - after you kill some of them

Had so much potential, and ended up being terrible. While Henry Caville did a good job portraying Superman, the rest of the cast with the exception of Russell Crowe didn't live up to the expectations of the audience. The entire movie was full of massive plot sinkholes, and while the start-stop action sequences of Antje Traoue's Faora Ul were cool, there was too much explosion - I was sitting close to the movie screen, and quite surprised that I didn't go blind every time a truck or building or spaceship or person or airplane of house exploded - which is just about every two minutes. The biggest problem for me besides the acting and the plot sinkholes was Jor-El's plaintive statement "You can save them Cal, you can save all of them" - in a near following scene, in a fit of rage Cal smashes through eight buildings, killing Lord knows how many people just because Zod punched his mother. The main villain was dry and tasteless, and while he can survive being sucked up by a black hole and I-beams and trucks thrown at him, he dies from a simple neck snap that he should have gotten a long time ago from being thrown through buildings. Zod's redeeming quality is his relationship with his Captain Faora-Ul, who's crying at the destruction of Krypton was relatively heart-rending, but still didn't make us like her as much as the Romulan Nero from Star Trek, who had a similar experience, or the family-deprived Khan from the sequel. My overall verdict is that they tried too hard to make it a good action movie, and they overachieved, which made it a pretty bad movie.

Kid, 11 years old July 15, 2013

SUPER COMEBACK FOR THE MAN OF STEEL

I have to say this is the best superman film since superman 2 waaaaaaaaay back in 1980!! Thats a long time after that we've had lots of bad superman films mainly superman 3, superman 4 the quest for peace and superman returns [which i thought was OK not saying i liked it alot it just wasn't as bad as 3 or 4]. Anyway lets try and forget about those terrible movies and focus on this great reboot. Henry Cavill makes a great Clark Kent/Kal-el/Superman and so does Michael Shannon as General Zod. Kevin Costner and Russel Crowe also shine as both of Supermans fathers. The one role that disappointed me abit was Amy Adams as Lois Lane. She was kind of wasted and i couldn't feel as though she was put in there just for superman to save and start the whole Lois/Clark relationship but the parts she were in were good so at least she played the part well. one thing i liked about this new superman movie is that we get to see krypton again, but this time it feels like a real planet with a population, a system, a culture and that kind of thing not just a boring ice planet like in the old films. There is quite abit of language which surprised me. Usually in superhero movies there is only abit of mild language [son of a b*tch and a*s are used the most in superhero movies] but this one had HEAPS. sh*t, a*s, h*ll, d*mn, d*ck and cr*p just to name some of it. The soundtrack in this movie was awesome as well mainly "an ideal of hope" and "what are you going to do when you are not saving the world". So now to the action scenes. so these are the parts that tore the movie for me. i get it Zack Snyder is a very visual director and likes using CGI but this one just had waaaaaaaaaaay too much. Not saying that's bad because when the action scenes happen they are very cool but they go on too long. this were my thoughts when watching the action scenes. "hmm yeah this is cool superman and zod are throwing each other around" then a little while later "hmm yeah still cool but do something else please" then "OK can you please stop fighting for a while" so yes the action scenes were cool but they lasted abit too long, it's like when you watch a 30min fireworks show and after the first 10mins your are like "OK thats cool but i am not really going to see anything new here am i ?" Anyway aside from all my gripes i had a really great time with this movie and i hope it leads to bigger and better things like a justice league movie. So in the end Man of steel deserves an 8.5/10 and it is definitely worth buying on blu-ray.

Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2013

Really Good!

My rating for it - Rated PG-13 for Intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action throughout, destruction, language and brief sexual content.

Teen, 14 years old Written byElakho July 1, 2013

Spectacular Movie, albeit voilent

Christopher Nolan (Dark Knight Trilogy) and Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) deliver a fun, fast paced movie that won't disappoint. If you came for a superhero movie, you expectations will be fulfilled. Is the movie on par with Nolan's The Dark Knight? No. That doesn't stop it from being an amazing movie, even if 12-14 year olds might enjoy it more. The thing that stops it from earning the full five stars is the violence. I really enjoy a good fight scene in a movie, but the sheer scale of every single fight somewhat took away from the climatic effect of Kal-El's confrontation with Zod. They aren't intense, gore-filled cringe-fests, just the exchanging of super-punches that tend to make surrounding building look like dominoes. Other than that, if you're not sure, watch it. It's hard to go wrong with this one, and no matter what, you won't fall asleep in the theater.

Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

Great Movie, Some Language, Some Fighting and stuff little kids couldn't stand

Some language but wasn't noticeable for me really, some violence fighting, the bad guy and superman (man of steel) are fighting and some scary moments that kids 11 or 10 under might not be able to handle, i'm 10 and i loved this movie! amazing! This Should Be the MPAA rating and the reason: This Film is rated PG-13 for- Sc-Fi Action, Some Lanuage Thourghout, Scary Images, And Non-Bloody Violence

Teen, 17 years old Written byKennedy_Tucker1 August 13, 2013

Superman

My dad and I are big Superman fans, we both really enjoyed this film and cant wait till the second one! Me and my dad went to the midnight showing and had a blast. Very thrilling and a lot of action.

Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2013

Not a great film, but ok for 10 and up

I thought this movie would be great, but it was instead disapointing, too much explosions and overly long, it could have been better.

Kid, 11 years old June 15, 2013

Really good storyline!

I think that everything is very thought through and very interesting! This movie will keep you on the edge of your seat. I don't think violence is a problem . 11 years or higher, maybe 10.

Teen, 16 years old Written bysisterwhocares July 15, 2013

Lengthy but wonderfully-made Superman remake is surprisingly anti-violent

When I was younger, I used to be a huge fan of Superman (despite being a girl). I loved the old films, and hoped that this new one would be just as good. And, I am definitely pleased to say that this new Superman film has not only surpassed the old films, but caused me to fall in love with the classic comic book superhero all over again. The thing about the movie that I love the most is how serious and thoughtful it is (which, contrary to what most critics say, adds to the film rather than detracting from it). As the original review said, Superman's story is treated with strong reverence; I could tell that the people who worked on this film were aiming for something greater than a money-maker. In the film, there are a lot of surprising religious undertones and indirect messages on anti-violence that make the movie have more heart and soul than most action flicks today. And that is part of why Superman has stood the test of time. His unabashed devotion to protecting others against evil and strong reluctance to kill his enemies, even when they are evil to the core, have made him one of the most beloved superheroes of all time. The director and lead actor both clearly recognized this universal good-conquers-evil theme and successfully manifested it into their art. Speaking of acting, Henry Cavill did a fantastic job playing Superman, nailing the intense facial expressions the role demanded. Not to mention that he's ridiculously attractive! The other actors did an excellent job as well, especially Russell Crowe, who rebounded well from failing tragically at his role as Javert in Les Miserables. Despite the movie's outstanding merits, there were a few flaws. The camera work was very shaky, and that always annoys me; it may be effective at portraying chaos, but it is still not aesthetically appealing at all. The chronological order in which the flashbacks are shown is also rather awkward; I feel like they were inserted into the action somewhat randomly. Also, how can a man who entered a cave exit hours later suddenly clean-shaven? Finally, the film is rather lengthy, and I often found myself asking, "Holy cow, when is this going to be over???" Not that I wanted it to end! Despite these flaws, the film is beautifully reverent and thoughtful, and was worth every dime I spent on that ticket.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 July 6, 2013

Man of Steel is Better then I Expected

Man of Steel is a good movie with a lot of good special effects and good acting. It is a very long movie but still you will enjoy it. The script isn't really new but it isn't terrible it is just mediocore. The music in the movie is great. Overall it deserves the 4 stars I'm giving it.