All teen and kid member reviews for Man of Steel

Kid, 9 years old July 1, 2013

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

There should be a category (above) for "boring." Waste of time. Loud.yawn.

Teen, 14 years old Written byShawn Lewis June 28, 2013

Only for superman fans.

Before I saw this movie, people said that anyone would LOVE this movie, but I honestly didn't enjoy it that much.

Teen, 15 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 June 16, 2013

The Summer movie of the year!!!

This movie was insane. Almost non-stop action very good messages, but at times the movie gets dark. I also liked how Superman's Kryptonian father played a big role. There is also a closing climax scene Superman vs Zod showdown at the end. Awesome movie with a fight to the death ending. Scenes may be scary for younger viewers. 2 neck snapping scenes and mild kssing is all to worry about. I am not a huge fan of Superman and hated all the previous movies but this was awesome. I am happy to see a good Superman movie.

Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2013

The action is very destructive (when the really is any) !

Man of Steel is not as dark as the dark night or iron man 3 but has some fairly destructive violence. The bad guy (Zod) can be scary when he appears on TV but not to much. There is also a flash back where superman sees his young self seeing everyone's skeletons and his eyes glow.There isn't much action either until the middle-end.If you've seen The dark night or Iron man 3 it should be absolutely fine.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCoolrockboy3 July 24, 2013

Nope.

A very dark take on Superman

Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2013

Loud and exciting reboot delivers

The main thing to know about this movie is that it is VERY loud. There was some language including "d**k", "a*s", "s**t", and "hell" but it wasn't too serious. There were lots of over the top fight scenes and explosions. The acting was good and the vfx were great. I think this movie is under rated and that it deserves the title "The Last Son of Krypton".

Teen, 15 years old Written byRockAndRollKid July 8, 2013

Not for young kids but great for Pre-Teens,Teens,and Adults

So I went to see this movie with my cousin and I thought it was ok. It wasent very funny and I wanted to laugh more like Iron Man 3. Anyways the reason I rated it 10 up is because there is violonce including battling,fights,explosions,and aliens. If you have a kid who is 8 or 9 please talk to them and see if they can handle the movie (the movie wasent as violent as I expected). I hope you though the review was good.

Teen, 16 years old Written bybretnummer248 July 1, 2013

Good movie for 13+

This is a great movie for kids 13 and up. It is an action packed movie so expect fights between super-powered people frequently. The special effects in this are breathtaking and used constantly throughout the film. There is some language in the first quarter of the movie. There are many positive role models in this movie such as Clark/Kal-El/Superman, both of his fathers, and even Zod because he is doing what he is made for.

Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2013

Great movie suitable for kids

This movie is great for kids over 10 because kids under ten may not understand and it may be a little too violent for them. A few times it says d**k so that may be something to watch for because it does have a few other cuss words as well. Overall I think this was the best movie I have ever seen!

Teen, 14 years old Written byHamza kharal June 29, 2013

Useful info.

Spoiler alert!! Zoe dies after superman kills him. Kal el's dad dies in beginning
After kriton is destroyed, Zoe and his partners are free.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymovielover7271 June 28, 2013

Typical but not typical. Great but not excellent. Its enjoyable but its no dark knight and its better than green lantern (as is most other movies)

Man of steel is sure to be one of the most talked about movies this year, but is it that good? Yes and no. The story begins when kal el (Superman/Clark) is born and is sent away to earth when his home planet krypton is no longer safe. While after living for years with his believed to be family, his strength begins to show and his "father" thinks it will only be right to give up the secret. Later on he becomes that mysterious man that nobody really knows or cares about until Lois Lane finds him and begins to spread the word about "aliens" and then it just becomes the casual superhero movie where the villain (general zod) attacks. This is a movie with a
A great story, great hardcore action, visual effects and acting. The only thing I didn't like was the unnecessary use of language like d--ksplash, a-swipe, a-s, d--k, s--t, and crap. Little baby Clark's "private area" is shown twice but it's brief and he's just a little baby so I think that's why they didn't put nudity in the rating. Also it may be a little confusing when they switch trough the different time periods in Clark's sad life. Enjoyable but not flawless. Ages 9-10+ and Grade B+

Teen, 13 years old Written byFriendlyReviewer April 8, 2014

Best Superman Movie I Have Ever Seen

Awesome Graphics, Awesome Story, Awesome Acting, Awesome EVERYTHING..

Teen, 17 years old Written bySeth S. March 7, 2014

Major disappointment, but not without value:

Let's take a step back shall we. What options did Zach Snyder and Christopher Nolan have with rebooting Superman? How about cartoony and fun Superman? That was done and redone in the 70s and 80s. Also, Marvel is already churning out a slew of light, but very fun and emotional superhero movies. So scratch that. How about a cartoony, but serious and dramatic Superman? Bryan Singer tried that back in 2006. Now, Superman Returns wasn't unwatchable, but it also wasn't anything that would inspire desire for a sequel. So scratch that. Nolan and Snyder's only other option? A gritty and realistic take on the character. That's the movie they wanted to make anyway, and it was their only option.

So how did the filmmakers do, pass or fail? They get the passing grade, but just barely. I'll give them a C+, maybe a B-. They pass, not convincingly ... but they do not fail. For the first hour of this movie, it felt like Batman Begins: The Superman Edition. We are introduced to the origins of our hero in an intelligent fashion. There are interesting dramatic situations, and there is a huge moral question raised. Would the world be ready for Superman? It's this question that, number 1 originated the movie, and number 2, it drives the beginning hour of the movie forward. Before Zod comes to earth, the whole thing is so promising. But then the action kicks in...

The planet Krypton is dying. But before it does, the noble Jor-El launches a ship from Krypton to Earth. On this ship is Kal-El, Jor's son. Kal will go to earth as the last remaining Kryptonian. You know the story, he is adopted by the Kent family, and becomes Clark Kent. From there, he has to wrestle with his identity. Should he help people with his power? Is the world ready to accept someone like him? He'll have to answer these questions quickly, because an old threat from Krypton shows up on Earth. General Zod travels to Earth to collect Clark, and in turn, colonize our planet as the next Krypton.

Alright, I've been over the story. The first half is great. The questions Clark asks himself are like a magnified version of issues we all face. Should we do all we can to help others? Can one person make a difference in the lives of those around him? Sure the questions are a lot more significant when you're Superman, but they still can apply to everyone. The moral of the movie reminded me of Batman Begins: "What chance do we have if the good people do nothing?" Bravo for the first act and a half.

But when General Zod arrives on Earth, everything goes downhill. For the most part, once the action starts, the drama and morality of the story disappears. I'm not against action. I love it, and I fully expect it from my Superman movie. I'm not against a little bit of demolition. If indestructible aliens came to Earth, then stuff would blow up and buildings would fall. I'm not arguing that.

But the problem isn't in the action itself. In the moment, the action was pretty awesome once it finally did arrive. Yes, it's all very cool. But it's not colorful enough. No one has any fun (not that that's necessary, per se). The settings where the battles are staged are too drab and boring for it to leave a lasting impression. Also, the entire thing feels a lot more like a Sci-Fi movie than a Superhero movie. But it's still very good action, even if it does feel like "Sci-Fi Man from Outer Space" and not "Superman."

Whereas, the destruction in this movie is WAY over the top. This is the main complaint people have about this movie. Everything: skyscrapers, cars, and houses are trampled with reckless abandon. And like I said earlier, if aliens did come to Earth, some demolition would follow. But this movie just wallows in it. It doesn't bat an eye at the damage and life-loss it causes. It becomes ridicules after a good 20 minutes, then it goes on for another 40. It's just: cars get crushed, buildings crumble, and tanker trucks explode. Over and over and over again. While this is a big issue, it is an easily correctible one: just show some restraint with you action. Is that too much to ask?

The movie is bolstered by a slew of superb performances, even if the characters are a bit bland. Henry Cavill plays a handsome Clark Kent. He isn't given the chance to let the fun side of his personality out, but I expect more of that in the sequel. Clark has to do major soul-searching this entire movie ... not exactly something to take lightly and crack jokes about. Cavill does an excellent job bringing *this* version of Superman to the screen. It seems the character is reserved, but I have full confidence that Cavill could handle anything the role requires. Hopefully, they'll expand on Clark personal side a bit more in future movies. As it is, Cavill does a fine job with the character in these very serious situations. The best moments are when Clark's joy shows through, like the first time he flies, and when he tells Martha that he found out the truth about his past.

I've never seen Amy Adams give a bad performance. And she is as terrific as you would expect as Lois Lane. The character is written a bit weakly, without enough personality. But I really love Adams in the part. She is perfect! Give her more distinctiveness in the sequels!

Superhero movies have a very hard time nailing the villain role. When the "bad guy" works, the movie is vaulted into greatness. The Joker in The Dark Knight and Loki in The Avengers are both classic examples of tremendous villains. On the other hand, the whole Mandarin fiasco in Iron Man 3, Bane in The Dark Knight Rises, and Red Skull in Captain America (to a lesser extent) are all examples of a poor villain holding a movie back. So where does Michael Shannon as General Zod fall? Somewhere squarely in the middle. Shannon's performance is top-notch. He has everything you want from a villain, like menace, motivation, and physical power. But for one reason or another, he just isn't that memorable.

The supporting cast is overflowing with talent. The fathers in Clark's life provide most of the quality drama. Russell Crowe and Kevin Costner are impeccable in their roles. And Diane Lane is very down to earth as Martha Kent.

Hans Zimmer, composer of countless blockbusters, takes on the scoring duties for Man of Steel. Following in the footsteps of John Williams is next to impossible. So Hans doesn't even try, nor should he have. The film music snobs hate Zimmer's score. It's simple, electronic, and not overly heroic. Not a lick like Williams Superman. But it fits the movie like a glove, as is the case with almost every Zimmer score. And surprisingly, Zimmer does something with Superman that Williams never did: he gives Clark heart. Williams score was huge and epic, but it never did capture the humanity of the character. Zimmer's straightforward piano theme for Clark Kent has a simple beauty that Williams never chose to touch. Zimmer also writes a great theme for Superman himself, but it isn't heard much until the end credits. It's not Hans's best score, but it works wonders for the movie!

So how does this all sort out? Favorable, I'll tell you that. I liked the movie as an incredibly flawed piece of ground work. I sincerely hope that Zach Snyder and David Goyer learn some lessons from their first try. Throw some more humor and fun into the movie, give the characters more of a chance to show their personality, and for the love of all that's sacred, cut back on the mindless action! I'm not exactly "excited" to see Batman and Wonder Woman in this universe. But I am wildly fascinated how and if they'll be able to pull it off. But enough about the future, at the present I view Man of Steel as 65% interesting character study with a fine moral question, and 35% senseless destruction. Thankfully, the last five minutes of the movie left me with a big smile on my face! In Batman vs. Superman, I get the sense that we'll forget the Sci-Fi vibe of this movie, and find out what it really feels like to be a superhero!

"What are you going to do when you're not saving the world?" 6.5/10

Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2014

Man of Steel Review

Many people I knew said they watched Man of Steel and they loved it, even people not into Superman. I thought it would be a great film, maybe even the film of 2013. Boy, was I wrong. It was very disappointing. The story was slow and boring. The violence is cheesy. The language includes s**t, di*k, ass. In the end, the only good point was the theme. The theme is that everyone is different and special in their own ways.

Kid, 11 years old February 18, 2014

Good, but the mouth is a bit dirty. GET THE SOAP!!!!!!!!

This is a very better movie then the avengers. though, there are a few swears in it like "a--wipe" and d---splash". Some Copyright and stuff like Ihop, CNN, etc, etc. But overall, its a good movie. A robot almost curses like "you son of a" but robots can't curse =D. An enemy getting killed, his real parents getting killed, his "father" gets killed. So the Earth mother is pretty much safe. For now i guess. Overall this is a good movie and reccomend your 11 and up son/daughter see it.

Teen, 17 years old Written byLotherd January 29, 2014

Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014

Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2014

Man Of Steel Review

It was just fine. Pretty good. I loved the story, plot. The acting is very good. But some times in the movie is like "We Get It!" It feels like the whole audience wants to yell it. But It was pretty good. Just language is an issue and violence

Kid, 10 years old January 20, 2014

thrills await you!

I think common sense media's review is wrong I am 9 years old I watched it and I am perfectly fine.

Kid, 9 years old January 18, 2014

man of steel is intense

very intense, not for kids, when i watched the trailer, i knew that it was not going to be for kids. and i was right, it was not for kids. zack synder the director probably wanted to make it for grown ups, and i'm fine with that.