Parent reviews for Man on Fire

Man on Fire Poster Image

This movie tries to make a hero out of the most wicked person (Star Denzel W) in the movie getting revenge against a mob. Some of the most horrific and evil killings and torture take place. Tons of blood and murder, the F word, alcohol, lights flashing and just pure terror and evil. Nothing good about it. No redemption. Nothing in this movie could be about Christianity. The killer has a Bible, but it doesn't change him. I heard a pastor say he liked this movie-It's pure Hell through and through!!!

PHENOMENAL

Excellent movie with excellent acting. Denzel and Dakota both deliver breathtaking performances. If you’re a parent (especially one with a daughter) make sure you have tissues handy

Completely demoralizing

This movie left me feeling completely defeated and emotionally disturbed. It was horrific and extremely barbaric and violent. The blood and torture will forever be seared into my memory. I would not recommend this movie for anyone.

It is an awesome movie definitely for adults it speaks the truth

Don't miss the forest because of the trees.

This is another movie that I am very disappointed in how CSM rated it. There is little question that they are right that it is NOT for kids, however, it is a very good movie about love and a call for justice. Granted the methods that the main character uses to display that love in seeking justice are questionable, but sometimes justice comes in ugly packages. The movie is based upon the business of kidnapping in Mexico. It is a horrible business that is paid up with the right people, and as a result justice is nowhere to be found. At the very least the movie accomplishes at least one honorable thing in it's graphic portrayal, it brings attention to the real life injustice that exists. (SPOILER ALERT) (Furthermore, the movie has a lot to say about self sacrifice. The Bible itself says that greater love has no man but this, that a man lays down his life for his friends. (John 15:13) Which is exactly what the main character ultimately does.) Many people will say that revenge is a big part of what this movie displays, and I can concede that there are elements of it there, but don 't forget the elements of justice and more importantly love which I think are the true messages of Man On Fire.

Man on Fire was a very good movie although I would not recommend it as one to watch with your younger kids.It was based on true events which happened in the seventies in Italy.Names were changed and the locations also but it does give one much to think about.
this movie is dark and pretty violent but if you can withstand some gore you will love this movie. the dialoge is a bit clunky but you will be so sucked in emotionaly to even notice. eventhough its sort of predictable since it was based on a true story its still an awsome movie

good movie 15 and over

this a very good action movie lots of killing a torture 15 and over if you can stand some gore

not rated for age

Inspiring

This is a good movie. Tells a true story which is almost always better than fiction. I am sure the director/producer took some artistic license but who cares. Basic story is intact. Definite thriller and real life movie. Inspiring and pleasant to watch. Could have done without some of the sexual references and such, but worth seeing. You will know what I mean. It doesn't glorify suicide like one reviewer said, I saw it twice and didn't come away with that idea.

Action packed adult film. Definitely not for young audience