Kid reviews for McFarland, USA

McFarland, USA Poster Image

my thoughts...

It's a poignant story about Latino runners being a winner for families.

1 person found this helpful.

Fantastic, with thought and heart!

This was a beautifully crafted movie about a man who moves to southern California and must train a cross-country team, as well as feel what they are feeling every day. There are positive messages and role models, but a bit of violence also. Violence: 5/10 Sex: 2/10 Language: 6/10 Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: 3/10

Amazing Story with Amazing Characters

McFarland USA, was truly one of the best story told by Disney so far, although. It could have been a little longer, and added a little more detail to it, otherwise 10/10 amazing story, amazing characters & an all out amazing film!

McFarland, USA

This is a movie that I just couldn't stop watching. There are some parts in this movie that are for older children, but overall I recommend this movie 100%!!

Moving Story

Inspiring cross-country story is a family must-see

Touching movie is great for family viewing

Parents need to know that this movie based on a true story is a great pick for family viewing. But the movie does have some bad things. At the beginning of the movie the lead character throws a cleat at a kid which bounces off the wall and hits the kid, causing his face to bleed a little bit. In one scene a man in a car whistles at a teenage girl. In one scene a character sits on the ledge of a bridge contemplating whether he should jump off onto the highway below. There is also a gang fight that results in injuries, but the gang fight isn't shown on screen. One character throws up before the big race at the end. There is also some language but it is very rare, words including "ass", "hell", and "damn" are used. Plus some of the white characters use some racist stereotypes on the hispanic characters but no racist language is used. The characters show great courage and teamwork and don't let any obstacles get in the way of them doing the best to achieve their goal.

Inspiring

Being a cross country runner I found this to be a very inspiring story. I is a fantastic family movie, with great messages. There is a little violence in the beginning, and towards the end, so be cautious with little kids.

This is by far one of my favorite movies!

This movie is one of my favorites! The character are all so lovable and it has so many great moments! I really like it when a movie makes me feel emotions, and this one definitely did! I laughed and cried and you can feel for the characters as if you were them. There is very little language, there is one use of ass and hell is used a few times. There is very little romance. Two characters develop a crush on one another. Later they dance and hug, but I don't remember them kissing. Coach White and his wife kiss. There are references to Coke, and characters are shown drinking it. Characters are shown with beer in their hand. There is quite a bit of violence. One of the runners father gets angry and punches a wall. There is a moment that is a little intense when one of the runners gets very upset. Later that night Coach White finds him on a bridge that is above moving traffic. He is sitting on the railing and at one point tries to jump, but Coach White pulls him back. The part with the most violence is when *spoiler* after a quincinieria they get in a bunch of cars for a sort of parade. Later you see a bunch of other cars and a woman asks "why won't they leave you alone?" The next part shows Coach White and his wife getting a phone call and then getting in the car. They drive and find there daughter on the ground with scrapped knees. Another man is laying in hospital bed and getting put into an ambulance, his shirt is off and he is wrapped in blood soaked bandages, suggesting a knife fight. *spoiler* Later they learn they her legs were scraped because she had been pushed out of the way so she could be safe. There are very positive messages and great role models. It is also very educational as to what these boys life is like. Again, I loved this movie. ( A few of my friends thought it was boring because of the running parts, but I completely disagree!) I definitely recommend this movie!

Great movie!

Amazing message. Movie is good for all ages. It is a touching story and one of the best films!