Kid reviews for Memoirs of a Geisha

Memoirs of a Geisha Poster Image

not rated for age

Rather Pointless, if you ask me

I didn't enjoy this movie at all because of the following reasons: a)There was a very uncomfortable scene where the main character was assulted/raped-ish. b)There was a lot of "politics" in the way that the women ruthlessly insulted eachother. c)The selling of a woman's virginity is NOT RIGHT! The plotline was also rather dull-It was very much about the main character dancing and trying to maintain herself as the top geisha. I found it without much of a point.
not rated for age

one of the worst movies i ever saw.

not what i would call a great love story. the love she has for the older guy (whom she never even calls by his first name) is nothing more than pure random infatuation.
1 person found this helpful.

Good, but contains content some ages might not get.

This movie is amazing directed and beautiful. It is slow moving, but I find it suits the movie. It’s definitely my favorite. There is a woman (Mother) who smokes a pipe, but it isn’t very much a main part, more of a character trait. There isn’t drug use. There is a bit of sexual stuff, but no nudity (unless women’s shoulders and back as well as men’s counts. ) there is a few times where she will have sexual encounters or innuendos, but nothing is shown. It is all pretty much insinuated. I’d say pretty much no nudity besides her bare back and a mans bare back. There is many references to prostitution as it is in a nearby district and geishas are sometimes confused w them. I’d say this movie is safe for ages above 12 or any mature 11+ year olds.

Really good and also educational

I first watched this film when I was about 10 and I didn't really think much of it or understand it, but I have watched it again (I am now 14) and I really enjoy the film.

must watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the harsh life of a time not all to along ago (WWII)(pre,during,post) wounderfull book and many women(girls) live life like this

every one

i think tis is a great movie beautifuly played

Exellent Movie!!

Memoirs of a Geisha is a great movie. I would have to say that teens 13 and over should be able to watch.No child under 13 id have to say because of some mild sex and some sexually explicit dialouge.

Amazing...

This is an amazing movie... it is absolutely beautiful. We know who will be taking all of the oscars this year. Highly Recommended!
not rated for age
It was okay and I think that it should be rated at least 13+. A 13 year old(like me) will understand most of the stuff in the movie. It's not like they showed something a 13 year old wouldn't understand. What Kinda disapointed me was that they skipped parts of the story cause in the book at the end Sayure has a son then moves to the U.S.