All teen and kid member reviews for Men in Black

Kid, 10 years old October 4, 2012

Really cool movie, consumerism, scariness, violence and language advisory.

This, is, my first review ever (at least on here). My younger sister watched this, but she had to cover her eyes on one bit. Expect lots of cartoon violence, scariness, and, slime. Language is so-so. There is some icky images. It centres on this cool police officer (Will Smith), in whom he meets this man (Tommy Lee Jones), then you know what. Cooooooool action, including a certain little scene (which I won't spoil, that it is so cool). Violence includes comic but dark violence, scary aliens. Language includes mild to moderate stuff. Average PG-13 fare. The consumerism, definitely. This movie spawned an animated series, two sequels (the 3rd movie I saw in cinemas (really cool) and only got through half of the 2nd), probably a novelisation, some apps (based on the franchise altogether), videogames, and, soundtracks, of course. You must (or at least should) watch this at least once. Really. Load of consumerism surrounding it. Please note: If you call things like 'Burger King' and 'McDonalds' consumerism, keep reading. The company (studio) logo at the start (Columbia Pictures, A Sony Pictures Entertainment Company), is, consumerism, as well. Pause for 10. Off for 8 and under. Super-cool. Some classic lines. Awesome. Anyway, overall, (comically), violent, a little bit profane, so, PG-13 should be appropriate. (I do know the MPAA but I'm really a downunder person). The ratings for me:
G. - General. Examples: Bee Movie, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Space Chimps, WALL-E, etc. Supposed to be suitable for all audiences. Can contain very mild content. Equivalence: Your G and PG.
PG. - Parental Guidance. - Parental guidance is recommended, especially for people (persons) under 15. Examples: The Simpsons Movie, Hairspray (2007), Men in Black II. Can contain mild content. Equivalent to (sometimes) your G, (commonly) your PG, and, (sometimes, again), PG-13.
M. - Recommended for Mature Audiences. - Also M15+. - Recommended for mature audiences, 15 years and over, but not restricted. Examples: Men in Black (this movie), The Blues Brothers, Jaws, Poltergeist, Easy A, The House Bunny, and, Click. Equivalent to (sometimes) your PG (Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, Eragon, older Spielberg movies such as Jaws), (commonly) your PG-13, and, (sometimes, yet again), R. - May contain moderate content.
MA15+. - Not suitable for people under 15 years. Persons under 15 must be accompanied by a parent or an adult guardian. - Similar to R (a little bit). This means, that, if you're under 15, you need to be accompanied by an adult at all times. If you're over 15, it's not so bad. You don't need the (two rows above), forementioned. Otherwise, (under 15s without guardians), this rating is RESTRICTED. It is a federal offence to not accompany an under 15 during an MA movie. They can charge you a LOT of MONEY. Examples: 127 Hours, Black Swan, Blade, The Punisher, and, Sin City. May contain STRONG content. Equivalent to (sometimes) PG-13, (and, all of the time), R.
R18+. - RESTRICTED. - Restricted to 18 and over. Adults only. May contain HIGH IMPACT CONTENT. No one under 18 is allowed, what-so-ever. Equivalency: (most of the time), R, and, (sometimes), NC-17. - Examples: Fight Club, and, Chopper. Anyway, back to Men in Black, really, good, movie. Thank you for reading. MoviesAreAwesome.

Kid, 11 years old Written bySarah Haddon July 6, 2012

Good Movie!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. June 22, 2012

Very funny movie.

This movie always scared me when I was a kid but know that I rewatched it and am old enough to understand it, and can handle the gross out moments (like a creature in the begining being blown up and his blue guts and goo are splatered all over the place.) I really enjoyed it.but it can be scary to younger kids.

Kid, 9 years old June 15, 2012

MEN IN BLACK

A great sci-fi Will Smith vs. alien movie.

Kid, 10 years old May 27, 2012

Overall, great

This film is a must-see, but if you have kids who are 9 or under you should take precautions. There is very mild language, like d*mn, and the film is pretty good. Overall, great.

Teen, 15 years old Written bykelsall May 22, 2012

chris kelsall

with the film being a SYFI film i think that the film men in black is enjoyable to all ages, and to me ths film is five star rating, with my favourite actor Will Smith playing agent J. The start of the is very simple with will smith is part of the LAPD and is chasing an alien that has commited a crime and then will smith discovered he is an alien, then the alien jumps of the side of a building.

please write a comment about my thoughts and feelings about the men in black

Kid, 10 years old April 4, 2012

A nine year olds view

2/5. words such as,''D a m n" "S h * *
"Hell"

Violence:
3/5 Gore: Alien explodes upon impact of laser. Unrealistic
2/5 blood: Some characters have scars.
Sexual content: Some minor flirting

Educational:
They have to work together to defeat the rebel aliens.

THE END!

Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 February 15, 2012

Good Sci-Fi movie

I watched it a while ago, and I liked it! There's plenty of violence, though (there's fighting), and the aliens could be scary-looking. I don't remember much language, but there was some.

Kid, 8 years old January 19, 2012

okay review

good movie some cussing your kids may ask what does this word mean and it is a bad word and i would say 10+

Kid, 12 years old Written bystarrstorm December 25, 2011

great

great movie

Kid, 12 years old Written byemailsydney October 25, 2010

more funny than scary:)

pretty good but aliens are hilarious. except one part, the woman pointed down, and he thought she was pointing "yiu know where". overall pretty good movie!!

Teen, 13 years old Written bylivyjedi August 6, 2009

Kid, 12 years old Written byOreo K11 July 23, 2009

ZOMG really funny!

I laughed alot while watching this. The only violence was this one part where he blew up this alien.

My mom didnt like the converstion between Agent J & that lady at the mourge.

Kid, 12 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Weak Story line but Good Effects make movie probably OK for ages 12 and up.

Men in Black earns its PG-13 rating. It is very frightening (if your child scares easily, tell them no or be up at night for a week), and when it isn't frightening it's violent. When it's not violent the characters are cursing. This makes the movie innapropriate for anyone under 12, and if your 12 year old scares easily you might want to raise that age to 13. The movie follows a creative idea, but the story line is relatively weak. It is almost made up by good special effects and admirable acting by Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith, but the blemish still shows.
Amazon.com called this an essential viedo, and I agree that you should definently see it once. Whether it's worth more than that, that's up to you.

Kid, 11 years old Written bygamer5777 April 9, 2008

Great Film but the language is bad

Hey, this is a great film and would be a family one too if not for the language. I think it should be 10+ people who watch this. There is a constant barrage of language by Will Smith. But, the great theme and comedy aspect just pushes that small problem out of the way. (Anyone under 10 would be scared of it anyway =D)

Kid, 9 years old March 6, 2014

AWESOME!!!!

Really good not a lot of violence but I get PG-13 for language but seriously I think it should be PG

Kid, 10 years old February 3, 2014

Hmmmn...

I like this, I watched this when I was 9, I found it interesting but some bits were a bit scary.

Kid, 11 years old December 19, 2013

Good movie

I saw this when I was 5 I didn't get to see it all but I've seen it all now and it was good

Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2013

kids can handle it

good but some gore and swearing

Kid, 9 years old October 23, 2013

good

good but scary for small kids