Kid reviews for Minions: The Rise of Gru

Minions: The Rise of Gru Poster Image

Awesomeee

I’d say 3+ because, I still am unsure is 2 year olds can understand English. It is fun, silly and has animated violence but no blood, groovy songs, has an amazing explanation of Gru’s life in previous movies, when Gru is grown up. It features Dr Nefario and is very humorous. You could be 43 (no relation to my mum…) and still get a good laugh out of it! I recommend this for everyone. And I mean ANYONE AND EVERYONE.
8 people found this helpful.

Good movie but be careful seeing in cinemas

The movie itself is appropriate for young kids and has good messages of friendship, however be careful if you go to see it in cinemas, as there is a trend of older boys going to watch this movie wearing suits and disrupting the movie. In some cases police have been called.

2 people found this helpful.

Perfect film

After watching it myself, and seeing how absolutely amazing it is, I think any age can really watch this film, my 5 year old brother seemed to love it and can't stop talking about how funny it is, there's no bad themes and there's a good idea of friendship throughout the film
2 people found this helpful.

Great, funny, and completely family-friendly.

1 person found this helpful.

Low-level cultural appropriation but watchable to keep the kids entertained

Don’t expect anything groundbreaking- this movie is good for entertaining kids and like its predecessors in the franchise, it runs on slapstick humor and silly action. I believe there was some level of cultural appropriation that the movie was centered around. Particularly the scenes with the animals coming out of the zodiac stone and the Chinatown scenes. The character of Master Chow (Michelle Yeoh) was a bit cliché given she was an Chinese-American acupuncturist and Kung-Fu master. In addition to that, the attempt at the zodiac stone was cliché-full and kind of annoying. Nothing extremely racist or concerning, just a minor issue I have with this movie.
1 person found this helpful.

VERY funny, despite some humor a little crude.

I feel as if this is a great movie for families! There is some mild violence HOWEVER, there is good messages of teamwork, forgiveness, loyalty, and friendship. Also, Gru is bullied in school, and perseveres, later to prove himself (a lesson of never giving up) There is one scene where you see the butt of a naked gru (he’s a human) but he’s just getting out of the shower. ANONYMOUS USERNAME TAKEN not a bot :

1 person found this helpful.

Great movie for younger kids!

This movie is really good. It has kids jokes, fun storylines and everything perfect for a little kid (it is also very short).

1 person found this helpful.
The movie is very funny and without a doubt one of the best movies I've ever seen but this movie has some tension scenes, clowning torture scenes, scenes of violence against minions and some nudity to be funny. more years because of the violence.

Too much sex!

The movie was great, however, there was a lot of sex! I am an adult however and I love sex!

SO FUUUUNNNNYYYYYYYY

HILARIOUS. Nothing wrong with it other than it could be TOO funny for some people. Great for all ages. Funny and Family Safe. GREAT.