All member reviews for Miracle on 34th Street

Classic holiday movie for the whole family.

Adult Written byCalimom April 9, 2008

Better for older kids

A gentle word of warning, if your kids are young you may not want to open the department store Santa can of worms. This makes it clear that Santas are hired help and are not always nice people. Specifically, the Santa in the very beginning of the movie is drunk to the point of passing out.

If your kids have a clear grasp of Santa vs. "Santa's helpers" they should be fine. If you are trying to preserve the illusion that your kids visit the real Santa at the mall, give this movie a pass until they're a little older.

My 8 and 10 year old kids prefer the newer version, which has even more references to alcohol abuse. The contemporary feel is much more enchanting for them than this older version.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey December 22, 2009

we watched this in english today, and even though I fell asleep for half the movie I thought it was very cute and brings back good memories. (btw I feel asleep cause I was tired, not cause the movie bored me). Of course I never believed in santa, because that's exactly how my parents raised me and were raised. So in the end I do end up agreeing with the mother, but it's still a good movie and makes you really happy. ~Ivey

Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Really Good Kids Movie

Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written byCeltic1962 April 21, 2011

Parent Written byPlague February 26, 2010

Miracle on 34th Street

A wonderful instant classic for the whole family.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion March 11, 2009

A Holiday Classic!

MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET is my favorite "Christmas" movie, in the truest sense of the word. My favorite holiday movie is "A WONDERFUL LIFE", but this one tops the list of Santa cheer. There's nothing to be concerned about, outside of a brief scene that shows a hired Santa intoxicated (he's fired). Parents can talk to kids about how seeing isn't believing, but believing is seeing. Highly recommended holiday viewing.

Parent of an infant, infant, 3, and 5 year old Written byMississippiQueen January 7, 2009

Teen, 17 years old Written byoldpaths April 9, 2008

Better version...

Nice movie, a little too modern for me. Watch the OLD black & white for an even more charming movie, goes right with "a charlie Brown Christmas" & "its a Wonderful Life". Some violent plot line in it as the characters insult each other, otherwise a good watch.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJoey123 December 22, 2008

Holiday fave for the entire family

I have to watch this every year!!!! The entire family can watch it.