All member reviews for Monsters, Inc.

Cute, kid-friendly monster movie; may scare sensitive kids.

Adult Written byJuliasMom April 9, 2008

Adult Written byshera129 April 9, 2008

Educator and Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byklittle April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written byLlamaLuvr14 October 12, 2011

Good

Children will love it and so will mom and dad. I have always loved this movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byzackaback September 13, 2009

Not A Great Movie

Parent of a 7 year old Written byeswanson April 9, 2008

Adult Written byselah April 9, 2008

Great movie...

This is a great movie, nothing too scary, great for young and old alike. There is one part when they are on doors and it looks like they may fall, that scared my at the time 5 year old and it was 2 years before he would watch the movie again. But then again my 4 year old loves the movie and didn't have a problem. So it depends on your child. Except for the one part above, nothing else bothered my kids. We have the DVD and my children watch it all the time (now that the 7 year old got over the falling part).

Adult Written byGhcool April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 November 28, 2010

Cute movie that has friendly monsters

Although it's not the best Pixar film, it's good. The monsters in monsters Inc. aren't very scary. Even though their job is to scare kids, they're more scared of the kids themselves, although one (evil) monster traps a little girl. Kids can handle it if they're not very sensitive of monsters. There are some positive messages in this film: Sulley and Mike help take care of a little girl despite being wary of humans.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey September 20, 2009

pretty good but might scare little ones

one character has the life sucked out of him! I really liked this movie when I was a kid, but I understand why some kids might get scared. Monsters roar, and yeah... It's a little scary but it's another success.

Kid, 9 years old Written bylilmissfrankie September 1, 2009

good family movie

but i watched this when i was 6 and igot scared of the monsters so dont be suprised if your little ones get a little scared but tis is a good movie well it was made by pixar all pixar movies are good

Teen, 14 years old Written byFridaythe13th June 26, 2009

Pixar's Monsters Inc.

I love this movie on of the best Pixar movies, it is funny and the ending is good. It is very good and highly recommend for children! The movie is about Monsters, young children might be scared to watch it at first but it isn't scary, just little children watch it without knowing it is about monsters.

Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Pixar is great

Great movie for the entire family

Adult Written byigssmom April 9, 2008

Charming and funny!

My 2 year old daughter loves each and every character in this movie. She really identified with Boo.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Fun and Charming Film for Everyone!

MONSTERS INC. tells the story of two monsters who live in a world just outside the closet. Best friends Mike (an always hilarious Billy Crystal) and Sully (John Goodman) work at Monster's Inc. They earn their living by scaring kids. The childrens' screams build up in canisters and provide enegery to Monster City. Humans are believed to be toxic.
But when a little girl Sully names Boo comes into Monster City through her closet door, Sully and Mike was work against the schemeing Randall to get her back home.
There are some scenes involving Boo in peril that might frighten little kids. There is no language or sex at all. Highly recommended.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn June 13, 2013

One of the best Pixar films ever!

Monsters Inc. was just an excellent movie. The CGI is so great, the hair and skin textures look like they're real. The plot was excellent and the characters are sweet and funny. Like CSM mentioned, it may scare sensitive kids, so parents may want to watch a bit of it with their younger kids under 5 to see if they'll get scared. Mike is a funny one-eyed monster that is Sully's best friend. Sully is a lovable, furry monster. Boo is a cute 2 years old of aged girl that looks so cute, it makes you want to pinch her cheeks. Kids might even overcome their fear of monsters hiding in their closet if they watch this. If you have a kid that has a fear that monsters hide in their bed and closet, show them this movie. Overall, great movie, 5/5. Just watch this movie, I know you'll be impressed.

Kid, 10 years old Written byMiranda Cosgrov... March 25, 2011

Best movie of 2001!

I love monsters inc! Monsters inc 2 is comming in November 2012 so be excited!

Teen, 14 years old Written byht3696 February 7, 2011

awesome

Kid, 10 years old Written byTNTBlowsUp January 16, 2011

Great kids movie but may be slightly frightening for little kids

Monsters, Inc. A great movie. Your kids will love it. Only one problem. In the beginning the whole thing behind the comapny is to scare little kids until they practically wet themselves!! But also they eventually start to help a little girl and take care of her and also in the end the idea of the monsters is to make kids laugh. Great movie for 4 and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJessatay June 28, 2010

Possibly one of the saddest endings of all time.

Monsters Inc. is about 2 workers for a children scaring job which generates the power for their city, until aa kid disrupts their lives. The monster designs are fantastic, looks like it took awhile to come up with these. Sulley is the protagontist, the best scarer around. Mike is Sulley's sidekick, with green skin and one huge eye. Boo is the 2 year old human. She always brings the movie going with her sweet looks and funny moments. What is great about the movie is the relationship between Sulley and Boo, it really speaks out to people not to judge people by the way they look. What is so memorable about this, is the ending. I'm not telling you it, but it is so sad. I love that great animation and settings and use of every monster. Definitely lives up to Pixar. Who is ready for the sequel?