Kid reviews for Moxie

Moxie Poster Image

Good, but sexy

There was sex. Don’t get me wrong. But after reading the book I thought that the movie was great. I’d definitely watch it again.

2 people found this helpful.

Amazing

Literally everyone should watch this movie. It shows that even though women have the same rights as men and we can vote, there is still a lot of inequality. GIRLS ARE NOT REASONABLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF BOYS. Teenagers get drunk, there’s some kissing and lots of swearing. But if you’re kids are mature they should definitely watch Moxie. The best part of this movie is that it shows that being a feminist does not mean you have to be female.

2 people found this helpful.

Empowering movie about feminism.

This movie was very good. The moxie girls are very empowering and this movie definitely inspired me. I would recommend this movie for people 13+ because it has frequent swearing and multiple conversations about sex. If you could be triggered by sexual harassment I wouldn’t recommend moxie because this movie covers some heavy topics. I would rate this movie a 4/5 because it was good and had positive messages but some ways Viv handled things could be seen as rude or violent.

1 person found this helpful.

BEST MOVIE EVER

OMGGGGGG THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES IVE EVER SEEN!!!! It has such great values! It does such an amazing job of portraying how sexualizing women really is in both private and public schools. It is so inspiring to both men and women! Loved the cast as well!!! It does have mature themes but for middle school and up it is a winner!😊

1 person found this helpful.

Best Movie I’ve Seen From Netflix In Ages

This is my favourite movie of all time. The message it carries about feminism, equality and misogyny is so valuable, and it’s portrayed on a fun, pretty light movie. Woman’s rights have never been an issue that I’ve been greatly interested in but after watching this (the first time) I took a double take on how girls are treated as a whole in society and it’s almost like men are our parents, there to be in control of us and care for us like we can’t care for ourselves and I’ve never really seen that in society before. There’s mention of a girl getting raped in Moxie, and it becomes a pretty big part of the storyline towards the end, so if you’re hugely bothered by that i wouldn’t suggest watching this but it’s definitely a good movie to show to younger teen girls, and hey, they might even be inspired to make a change (just maybe without “You’re an a**hole stickers)

Beautiful and heartbreaking

Wonderfully written, amazingly acted in, and over all, it's just an amazing movie. It does have some very mature themes like sex, rape and assault. Talk to your kids about these themes before watching. It's also very sad and eye-opening to how certain people feel about being treated differently for gender and race. A must-watch for mature tweens.

Good movie, but lose the romantic scene...

I thought this movie was good. In my opinion, I would say teens 13+ can watch this movie. There is a scene that is inappropriate for younger viewers. The characters talk about sex while making out in a car. Skipped ahead of that part. I did not agree with all points of the movie, but is overall very uplifting and has a good message.
It was

Great Music

Its a bit cringy but its a film you really need to show your kids. I guess its a "chick fick" but boys should watch it too. And most importantly, AWESOME MUSIC

Moxie is a great mother-daughter movie

Moxie is a good mother-daughter movie around the age 11. There is some talk of sex but no sexual content is shown. A few kiss scenes but that's it. I totally recommend this movie.